How much weed for edibles?

JoetheChro

Hey everyone happy Easter I've recently started using edibles more than smoking what with having children running around, would like some advice on how much weed to put in?

Used to use old school block hash and be laughing like a hyena but green isn't doing the same thing. Might need some decarb advice too possibly?

Made some THC lean a couple of days ago, 6 grams of bud to 350ml of water and all the other bits like sugar (425ml, weird measurement but cup but cup a half) and VG (2 tablespoons)

Tbh I want the face melter, laughing till my ribs feel like they're broken swizz. Any help people?!

Hey everyone happy Easter I've recently started using edibles more than smoking what with having children running around, would like some advice on how much weed to put in?

Used to use old school block hash and be laughing like a hyena but green isn't doing the same thing. Might need some decarb advice too possibly?

Made some THC lean a couple of days ago, 6 grams of bud to 350ml of water and all the other bits like sugar (425ml, weird measurement but cup but cup a half) and VG (2 tablespoons)

Tbh I want the face melter, laughing till my ribs feel like they're broken swizz. Any help people?!

First of all, you would get more help if you posted this question in the Cannabis Edibles Forum.

How much you use depends on your tolerance level. I like my edibles really strong and use 20 grams per half a cup of butter/oil.

I decarb my trim and flower at 240F for one hour and my kief for 30 minutes at 240F.

1. Preheat oven to 240• F (116•C).
2. If using buds, lightly grind before decarbing.
2. In a glass baking dish, evenly spread out the kind and amount of cannabis you're using.
3. Cover with tinfoil (helps to keep terpenes contained).
4. Place dish into the oven and bake for 30 minutes for kief or 60 minutes for buds/trim.
5. Remove and allow to cool completely. Use immediately or store in a mason jar in the freezer.

After you decarb your bud, you can infuse it in butter, coconut oil or other.

My cannabutter/cannaoil recipe:

Ingredients​

• 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
  • 1 tsp liquid sunflower lecithin
  • 1 cup water
  • 40 grams ground and decarbed cannabis
  1. Melt the butter. On low heat, melt 1 cup of butter in a saucepan, stock pot, double-boiler, or slow cooker. Add 1 cup of water, which will help regulate temperature and prevent the butter from scorching.
  2. Add the cannabis. After the butter is fully melted, add in the decarbed cannabis.
  3. Simmer on low heat, between 160-200ºF; don’t exceed 200ºF or you may burn out the cannabinoids (I use a temperature gun). Simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. The mixture should never come to a full boil.
  4. Strain the mixture. Place a mesh strainer or cheesecloth over a jar and pour the butter/cannabis mixture through it. Discard the plant material. Add 1 teaspoon liquid sunflower lecithin to the mix as it increases bioavailability.
  5. Refrigerate. Place the jar of butter in a fridge, and let it solidify before using, ideally overnight, or a few hours at least. If excess water forms at the bottom of the jar, remove the solid butter with a knife and drain out the water.
And, here is a dosing calculator you can use to calculate the strength you need/want.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Back
Top Bottom