How Much Will I Yield?

When people say aim for 1g or 0.5g per watt are they talking per plant or altogether? i was lookin at hydroponic tent grow kits (3x3x6 Grow Tent)(9 hydroponic plant tub is 35”x25” x9”) that come with 400w HID and they say you can grow 9-18 ounces per crop... does that sound right? Im new to growin and i always read 1g per watt to be if i had 400 watts i could only grow around 400g max no matter how many plants i had -.- im thinking i didnt understand it correctly

When people say aim for 1g or 0.5g per watt are they talking per plant or altogether? i was lookin at hydroponic tent grow kits (3x3x6 Grow Tent)(9 hydroponic plant tub is 35"x25" x9") that come with 400w HID and they say you can grow 9-18 ounces per crop... does that sound right? Im new to growin and i always read 1g per watt to be if i had 400 watts i could only grow around 400g max no matter how many plants i had -.- im thinking i didnt understand it correctly

400W=400g harvest (altogether) is how I have always understood it. As per the original post, that is a pretty loose guideline though. I look at it as more of a self-check. If you are getting less than 1g/watt, you may need to re-assess your environment and make improvements. If you meet or surpass 1g/watt then you are doing pretty well. Another use for the g/watt equation would be for your own record-keeping, a way to see what is working for you and what isn't. I hope that helps.

how tall will a s.l.h grow shes just started 12/12 few pistols showing and shes ruffly 12'' tall atm but has 9/10 weeks flowering to go would love a bit of info on hight and yeild .. thanks

I have a pond in my yard. I dip my watering can into the pond water and use it to water my plants. NOT every watering...only once a month or so. Fish poop is great for plants.

Lady A

woods brother said:
Update! Pulled the center plant out and replaced it with bucket o yeast and corn sugar. Set fan on a on off every 15 minutes and got an amazing harvest! After a week and a half of hanging and trim work I got 3.72 lbs!!! Holy Sh+t I won't be needing to do that again for a while.

That's awesome man! I'm jealous...and motivated !!!

does anyone know how many lumens a plant needs to be able to grow i had my first successful grow under a 150w hps with drop lights connected to y adapters and 4 ways with strong 6500k cfls. the bud came out great for bag seed got 3 females out of 4 unknowns. but i used the top line soil and nutrients. any input would help cuz i got some good seeds i bought and i got 3 starting out now! thanks guys

When it comes to cannabis, the more light = the better. A general guideline is 10,000 lumens for the first plant, and an additional 5,000 for other plants. This IS pretty much the MINIMUM however, I would go for as much light as your wallet can handle. If you get a 250w HID or larger I would air cool it, this will allow you to put the light much closer to the canopy without any heat issues.

When it comes to cannabis, the more light = the better. A general guideline is 10,000 lumens for the first plant, and an additional 5,000 for other plants. This IS pretty much the MINIMUM however, I would go for as much light as your wallet can handle. If you get a 250w HID or larger I would air cool it, this will allow you to put the light much closer to the canopy without any heat issues.

will 24,000 lumens be enough for 3?

i have a 150watt hps and 3 droplights with 6000k to 6500k cfls, the drop lights all together are about 8000 lumens i have 2700k when its time to flower. The Droplights have Y adapters and one has a 4way adapter so u can put 4 cfls at a time on it

my seeds are feminized too they are 40 percent sativa and 60 percent indica. how long would u vegetate them for?

Okay cool I own a 150w hps as well! With a smaller light such as the 150w, it is better to have more plants that are smaller since it has less penetration.

You could do a small SOG with 2L bottles. Veg them until they get about 8-10" tall. You could fit 4-6 under the HPS, and maybe another 2-4 under the CFL's. Just be sure to keep the CFL's 2-4" away from the canopy and the HPS 6-10".

If you harvest an ounce of each plant that equals: 6-10 Oz's per harvest. Another benefit is you only need to veg a short period for your SOG, so you can harvest more often with less down time in between.

Then if you decide you want a continual, or perpetual grow. Just add two new 2L's every three weeks and you will have a staggered harvest and never run out again.

i wanted to yield as much as i could out of these cuz they were speccial seeds i dont have money for lol. so im gona load up on the cfls and try to make them hit the sides when the hps is taken care of the top during flowering

I would transplant them into 3-4 gallons and flower them when they are 1-2ft tall. If you really want to increase your yield I would Low stress train (LST) them! Just take a piece of string and tie the plant over and all the lower nodes will grow up. It will give you many main colas instead of one and you won't need to grow them as tall, it usually gives you a larger yield as well. No need for a screen, especially under such small wattage.

SOG is Sea Of Green

Here is a pic that may help you further understand LST

2011-09-18_21_58_51.jpg
2011-09-18_21_58_31.jpg

Well you first want to tie down the main top that grows vertically. That will send the same hormone (auxins) from the main branch to all the secondary branches so they all grow equally. I tied down the lower nodes that grew up to get even more nodes, you can continuously keep tying every branch down to get an insane amount of nodes.

Sea Of Green is a term for packing lots of smaller plants together that eventually turn into a Sea Of green, hence the name. There are many growers who use SOG's on this site, the most common being a 2L. SOG grows tend to have short Vegging times and are quite commonly single cola plants. Vapedogg is doing a airpot SOG which is turning out quite nicely.

SCROG, or Screen Of Green is another term. It uses less plants to fill up a screen and if done right it gives you an even canopy. This is a great idea if you have limited headroom because it will keep them short. You keep pulling the nodes under the screen to the farthest point out, then the lower nodes reach up to fill the empty spots. This gives you a carpet of nugs and is a great way to maximize yield but it requires longer veg times usually with fewer plants that are larger. It is a good idea to top or LST the plant before training it into a screen for a Scrog because it gives you more nodes to start with.

I think boiling will get rid of chlorine but I'm not positive. I know that if you put an air pump & stone in a bucket of water it will bubble the chlorine out after 24-48 hours. I have an air stone bubbling constantly in my reservoir. Just be sure to leave the lid off

Here is a very basic drawing that may help. The blue tie is to support the very base of the stem so it doesn't lean over from the red tie which pulls over the very top.

Lst_paint1.JPG

Here is what my Scrog Screen looks like, it was very easy to make.

2012-03-05_15_52_05.jpg

Back
Top Bottom