420 Magazine Background

How Much Will I Yield?

WizHigh

Member of the Month: Dec 2012
I work with a 400w light and lowering your light closer to the plant will get you fatter nugs and a higher yield. Less plants would actually be better than more. You would need 6 plants for 6oz. Instead if you grow 2 plants you can easily get over 6oz per plant. Put them in 5 gallon buckets and keep the light no more than a ft away. Every foot further away from the light you lose lumens and intensity. The closer to the light you lose footage but you have intensity and lumens :thumb:

WizHigh

Okay sounds great! Also will a 100 watt cfl be good for mother plant on 24/7?

I would say get a 65w CFL which are equivalent to a 150w 6500k. hat would be better. Or if you cant find one of those that fits a medium base just get 6x 100w CFLs. 1 wouldnt be enough because it would continue to grow and start to starve for light. In turn it would end up looking unhealthy. You can try 4 but I would use 6. If you go on home depot website you will see some great medium base CFL's 150w to 300w for $10-$17 :thumb:

WizHigh

mynameis

The thing is my power usage cant be over 400k/w a month for everything in my grow. Tight police watch on utilities here. but 2 plants under a 400 would yield 6oz a plant? And i understand what lumens are. Plenty of high times lol

WizHigh

CFL's maybe 150w but there only using 65w. So its not alot. Thats why im saying go on homedepot to buy there bulbs. or see if they carry them in your local electric store or home depot. 2 plants under a 400w will yield that much and possibly higher. The thing is you will have to keep them in a 5 gallon pot and do stress training LST, TOPPING.

mynameis

i agree. Also i was thinking of buying a container thats wider than it is tall so my plants root system would make my plant wider

WizHigh

That would be a great idea.

WizHigh

Are they on there way? What strain you plan on growing?

I live by the smaller plant theory My ladies are
grown in 2gal smart pots vegged for 3 weeks then
on to flower for 6 , strain plays a big part as its 60a days frm seed and has the potential
for 20-32g a plant (one indoors )
I average juz under an ounce per plant, but
cannaknowledge does help and um shooting for that 32! Dry that is:blunt::blunt:

WizHigh

Theres Single seeds and herbies :thumb:

fish4250

look what atittude seed bank is givin 6 free fem seeds with a 30 euro buy january promotion better jump on it if it's not over yet!:thumb:

WizHigh

Yea herbies sells LA Confidential cheap. But you can get Blue Cheese cheaper from single seeds. But then herbies sells OG LA Affie cheaper than single seeds

Top Bottom