How Much Will I Yield?

thanx bro i will do one scrog and one where u showed with the red and blue ties. boiling the water from my tap worked well for my last grow so i will stick to it . i even heard if u let tap water sit out for 24 hours the chlorine will evaporate. the weed i am growing is called DiamondGirl from greenhouse seed company. they said it yields about 750g per plant thats if u got a 1000w light so i am thinking i will yield at least a few ounces cuz i want them to be 2 ft hight before i start to flower. thx for the info and if u got any more tips on what u think is the best fertilizer to use for the flowering phase id be happy to know i used Botanicare Pro Bloom 1-4-5
o by the way i meant i got one each in 2 big pots of very good soil. and i started one out that i will eventually transplant into another pot i used for my last grow. i did this cuz last time the containers were smaller and plants would have been bigger cuz i read for every gallon of soil equals a foot of plant

A Scrog is a method of growing and just refers to having a screen to train the branches through. If the branch grows up through a hole, you pull it back under the screen so it reaches for another hole further away. You keep doing this until you reach the edge of the screen and then it will be filled with bud sites.

The picture with the ties is a form of training called Low Stress Training (LST). This causes the plant to grow multiple main buds instead of one and can be implied in many different methods of growing. If you Scrog, it is still beneficial to LST before the plant reaches the screen. This will give it a head start to have several branches to train under the screen instead of starting with one. You can also use other forms of training such as topping or Fimming!

If you are going to build a screen for a scrog then build it for all the plants. It makes training easier and also makes supporting the colas easier.

I have a mixed pack of Greenhouse's colored seeds but have not had the chance to sprout one yet. I do have a Greenhouse Super Lemon Haze Vegging and she smells and looks great.

If you are willing to order nutrients, Blue Planet Nutrients is a sponsor on this site and has cannabis specific nutrients at a very reasonable price. There are many grow journals on this site featuring these nutes.

A gallon per foot of growth is a good general guideline.

i have a gods gift clone that was in a cup for about 2.5 to 3 weeks before i planted it in a storage tub but it doesnt seem to be getting any taller. could i have stunted its growth?

i have a gods gift clone that was in a cup for about 2.5 to 3 weeks before i planted it in a storage tub but it doesnt seem to be getting any taller. could i have stunted its growth?

Was it root bound? Does the clone otherwise appear healthy? Whenever you transplant, it takes a few weeks for the plant to overcome the shock. I had a friend I gave some GDP clones to and he told me he wasn't getting much growth on them while mine were growing vigorously. I came to find out he wasn't giving them enough sun. He'd leave them by a window that received about 4 hours of light a day.

Does your storage tub drain well. If not, you run the risk of rotting roots or mold. I've become a big fan of Smart Pots. The roots get more air and develop better. They generally need to watered more often on hot days because of this. Use a good soil with Mycorrhizal fungi, Pearlite, bat guano, earthworm castings, etc. Fox Farms soils like Happy Frog and Ocean Forest Blend are great for cannabis Stay away from steer manure since excess salts are often fed to cattle. Mix it with some good compost. Gardner & Bloome makes a good one called Harvest Supreme. Get your plant acclimated to the outdoors by putting it in a sunny area outside for a few hours on a temperate day. Increase it's time outside for a few days until you can leave it outside permanently. This will be the last year I fool with clones and am much happier germinating quality seeds, digging big holes, and amending them with rich soil and compost. The seeds become big bushy monsters.

Was it moved from indoors to out? Many people have that problem with clones from dispensaries here in So Cal. The clones are kept under fluorescent light 24/7 until sold so when they are placed outside they flower immediately regardless of the time of year.

Was it root bound? Does the clone otherwise appear healthy? Whenever you transplant, it takes a few weeks for the plant to overcome the shock. I had a friend I gave some GDP clones to and he told me he wasn't getting much growth on them while mine were growing vigorously. I came to find out he wasn't giving them enough sun. He'd leave them by a window that received about 4 hours of light a day.

Does your storage tub drain well. If not, you run the risk of rotting roots or mold. I've become a big fan of Smart Pots. The roots get more air and develop better. They generally need to watered more often on hot days because of this. Use a good soil with Mycorrhizal fungi, Pearlite, bat guano, earthworm castings, etc. Fox Farms soils like Happy Frog and Ocean Forest Blend are great for cannabis Stay away from steer manure since excess salts are often fed to cattle. Mix it with some good compost. Gardner & Bloome makes a good one called Harvest Supreme. Get your plant acclimated to the outdoors by putting it in a sunny area outside for a few hours on a temperate day. Increase it's time outside for a few days until you can leave it outside permanently. This will be the last year I fool with clones and am much happier germinating quality seeds, digging big holes, and amending them with rich soil and compost. The seeds become big bushy monsters.

Yes it was rootbound, and Its getting a little bushier but not taller. Ive had it in the bucket for about a month. And it seems to drain well. My sister also got a few of the same clones and hers are in the ground and hers are huge already.

Yes it was rootbound, and Its getting a little bushier but not taller. Ive had it in the bucket for about a month. And it seems to drain well. My sister also got a few of the same clones and hers are in the ground and hers are huge already.

From what I've witnessed in my short time of growing, plants that are given large containers, or big holes in the ground, will grow wide before they grow tall. Especially if they are topped. Like I said, try the Smart Pots if you don't want to go in the ground next time. I think you'll see the big difference in root structure and plant vigor. Plastic containers and clay pots get very hot and when soil temperatures get into the 90's your plant growth will slow or get to the point of boiling the roots. Consider that and possibly you can find a solution without having to transplant again. Good luck with your grow and let us know how it goes. Like I said, i know a bit but there are folks on here that have much more experience than I. Look in the grow section of the forums and you might get some good ideas.

ok so im gonna have a 2 250 watt mh/hps organic soil grow with 6 big plants in a 3 by 3 by 3ft grow space in 20 gallon containers. No specific strain picked yet. Definitly indica dominant. My question is what can i expect to yield roughly per plant if done properly? First post btw

ok so im gonna have a 2 250 watt mh/hps organic soil grow with 6 big plants in a 3 by 3 by 3ft grow space in 20 gallon containers. No specific strain picked yet. Definitly indica dominant. My question is what can i expect to yield roughly per plant if done properly? First post btw

I hoenstly suggest you shop around some more before you go 2x 250w MH/HPS. There are 400w convertible lamps MH/HPS available for $150 hydrofarm. and if a certain website cant deliver to your area then go with a 400w HPS and just get a CMH bulb which is great for veg and runs off a HPS ballast and use that also threw flower or get a HPS bulb :thumb:

Never heard of a cmh bulb. But with internet you figure out fast ha. Looks good for veg and bloom. Also i really want to get the max amount of lumens while keeping my wattage use under 290 kilo watts a month for my grow. That includes fans timers lights dehumidefier all the good stuff. Also have you ever experimented with a cmh bulb and would most grow stores have one?

Check out the 400watt hps/mh its wonderful with the right techniques its possible to produce some quality buddz! Take in account heat and air circulation as it plays a major part of yield as well as lights also u might wanna grow more smaller as this eill allow more harvest per year for ur space meaning mo budd for u my friend!:yummy:

For ur space that would be great! I grow in a 4×4 closet wit a 400 hps/ mh 1 gal grow bags and harvest an ounce per plant dried temp stays at 76 humidity never a problem niether is heat my 4" filter and exhaust work great ive found growing smaller plants ia alot faster than growing a few big ones

Back
Top Bottom