How much?

RAIN MAN

How many gallons of water should I be watering my around 5 foot tall mother plant? I just got done feeding blooming nutrients. I water her every 2 days.
20190731_121655.jpg

Big question I have and am surprised no one asked yet, but, is it in a pot or was it planted directly into the ground?

Oh, the other plants around it look like they could be Stevia but I just can't tell. Oh, well.

Have fun and enjoy the day.

That is a good question.

Directly Into the ground.

That’s a different story. They will take as much water given to them, provided you get some nice weather to help dry the soil. It’s more or less up to you to figure out a good watering system. What your doing seems to be alright. If you notice the ground still pretty dry after a day of feeding, maybe bump it up a bit. Play with it and experiment. :morenutes:

That’s a different story. They will take as much water given to them, provided you get some nice weather to help dry the soil. It’s more or less up to you to figure out a good watering system. What your doing seems to be alright. If you notice the ground still pretty dry after a day of feeding, maybe bump it up a bit. Play with it and experiment. :morenutes:
Ok, thank you.

You should get humidity meter for the soil. In veg plants don't really need that much water and you can water less frequently, but once they start flowering then you should keep watering abundantly to keep the soil quite moist, not wet though.

The volume of water needed in each irrigation must be, at least, a quarter the total volume of the pot or container.

Examples:

For a 1L pot, use 0.25L of water in each irrigation
For a 4L pot, use 1L of water in each irrigation
For a 12L pot, use 3L of water in each irrigation
For a 30L pot, use 7.5L of water in each irrigation

@RAIN MAN , you didn’t say what kind of soil? Bought quality soil or just garden soil?

What I did is I watered my plants well ~2gallons and then waited until the leaves started to sag and looked sad. Took 2 days in very hot weather. You can really see it. Then I watered deeply. 2 gallons no more, for my plants.

You water and can literally watch the plant picking up and looking happy. 5-10 minutes. It’s worth the experiment at least you will know if you overwater.

4 gallons seems a lot to me, but that’s only my opinion, must be very porous soil

@RAIN MAN , you didn’t say what kind of soil? Bought quality soil or just garden soil?

What I did is I watered my plants well ~2gallons and then waited until the leaves started to sag and looked sad. Took 2 days in very hot weather. You can really see it. Then I watered deeply. 2 gallons no more, for my plants.

You water and can literally watch the plant picking up and looking happy. 5-10 minutes. It’s worth the experiment at least you will know if you overwater.

4 gallons seems a lot to me, but that’s only my opinion, must be very porous soil
Straight Into the earth's soil.

Back
Top Bottom