How not to cure your crop - Mouldy weed!

Cmoon

Hi there all.

I don't know if there is anything I can do but I have made a monumental srew-up after just harvesting my buds (just one plant).

I had just cut down and trimmed my first ever autoflowerer and was just finishing trimming when I had to drop everything and attend another family matter 300 miles away. So. I just threw all the trimings, buds, leaves in a cardboard box wrapped loosely in grease proof paper (I thought this maybe wouldn't absorb or adsorb any trichomes that I had worked so hard for these last 6 months. To cut a long story short, I was gone 4 days and have just opened the box to find my buds and trimmings all with a layer of mould on the underside that was against the paper.

I'm not sure if I should bin the lot or wash them in a waterbath for 7 days then dry them. Any ideas out there? I don't plan to smoke them but to make tinctures or edibles, or at least that was my original idea. I would certainly appreciate any help I can get......many thanks for now,

Cmoon..........Respect, as always.

There are some utube videos out there but how effective and safe those methods are I don't know.

A hydrogen peroxide bath followed by a warm water rinse might do it. I would inspect the products carefully afterwards with a loupe to make sure the mold is gone.

I agree with both Oldbear and Scientific... it depends on the severity...
the wash with peroxide is a good start... I would make sure that the concentration is at least 30% H202 and wash 2-3 mins... I would wash my whole plant throw out the h202 and repeat the whole process... remove excess water hang and for a couple hours have a fan blowing on them to get the topical water from them...
it still needs to be checked but before u toss it I would try and salvage it... check out the bud washing thread... it may save something for u...

Well I certainly wouldn't smoke it. Volitilizing fungal nasties and inhaling them sounds like a really bad idea, even after treatment with the majikal cure-all, H2O2. ;)

Well I certainly wouldn't smoke it. Volitilizing fungal nasties and inhaling them sounds like a really bad idea, even after treatment with the majikal cure-all, H2O2. ;)

I'd toss it... unless it's a million dollars in weed, is 2-3 ounces of moldy bud worth a costly ER visit for dying?

There's a thread Pennywise has going... i think it's about making oil. And about a month ago someone on there was going on about making lotions and salves and some other things with weed that has had mold.

As far as smoking remnant mold spores...after a thorough wash... I googled it and u don't want to...
But u can make shatter and dabs... have a look...

What do u think?
Here's How To Protect Your Weed From Mold

*i don't know if posting links to something like this is ok or not, please remove it if it's not allowed! Thx

There's a thread Pennywise has going... i think it's about making oil. And about a month ago someone on there was going on about making lotions and salves and some other things with weed that has had mold.

As far as smoking remnant mold spores...after a thorough wash... I googled it and u don't want to...
But u can make shatter and dabs... have a look...

What do u think?
Here's How To Protect Your Weed From Mold

*i don't know if posting links to something like this is ok or not, please remove it if it's not allowed! Thx

Maybe not Pennywise... maybe SweetSue...

Back
Top Bottom