How often do you fertilize?

AKrylik

I've been reading the frequently asked questions and I haven't found a good answer yet. My girl is 4 weeks old and I found a dose chart on here for the "general hydroponics" fertilizer. Yesterday I mixed it up into a gallon and fed her. It really perked it up and looks great! I've been just watering every 3 days regular rodi water but yesterday was the first fertilizer feed.

How often should I use the fertilizer?

Thank you!

There is no universal answer. Are you in soil or hydro/soilless?

First, if you are in soil, I would not set an arbitrary water/feed schedule. If you do, it means you will almost certainly over or under water. Only give it when it is really needed.

Bear in mind when nute companies give you their recommendation, it is usually the maximum you can feed. I'd cut it in half, especially when the girls are young and you are feeling your way along as to what they actually need/want. When I use nute's, I tend to go with them about every other watering, but it depends on the PPM and so much more.

Wish I could help you, but I'm a hydro grower. From what I gather it varies depending on your soil, strain, water, etc.
Someone else will be along shortly I'm sure and ask for more info. Go ahead and give us a run down of everything so they don't have to ask. :)

Sorry I should have added more! Currently in a airpot in fox farms ocean soil.

Currently per gallon using 12.5 ml of flora grow, 7.5 ml of flora micro and 2.5ml of flora bloom

I know kinda what to look for on if the plant is getting enough or too much of something. This is my first grow and obviously like everyone you want it to be as successful as possible. I have done a ton of reading and searching so I don't fill up the forum with useless threads.

I am still learning but so far everything is extremely healthy. My plant is under 1000 watt HPS currently on 18/6

Being that you are under a 1000w light, your plants can probably handle nutes. Normally I don't recommend nutes while in veg because I know that successively uppotting into fresh soil several times in veg can usually give the plants everything they need.... but, you are under a big light.

Your plants should be able to handle nutes just fine and using them should really jump start your plants under that light. Hopefully you have some good airflow going in there too, and then I would think that you would easily be able to handle full strength nutes. Most people recommend giving nutes every other time, because when you come in in between with plain pH adjusted water, you are actually picking up and reactivating the nutes that were left behind from your last watering. This usually turns out to be a very efficient way to use the nutes, and the chances of overloading the soil with salts is greatly decreased.

Good luck, and send us lots of pictures so we can see what happens under that big veg light!

Thank you for that!!! That was exactly what I was looking for. I will post some pictures and keep you updated! The room has a ton of air flow and is 25 feet x 15 feet x 10 feet tall. I am keeping co2 right at 1500 ppm. She is growing like crazy.

If you have descent soil mix and water is PH corrected no extra nutes for veg should be used. Super Bloom and Mega grow is just marketing names bro, in soil that's not needed. Add some guano tea when flowering and you are golden. With type of lightning you have yields are gona impress anyways.

I agree w/ Mr. Rude.
I'm in soil. I don't add anything but tap water.

I agree w/ Mr. Rude.
I'm in soil. I don't add anything but tap water.
Tap water is the way to go. I doubt the chloramine or chlorine are at high enough doses to hurt the plant.

IMG_20200607_100946_9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom