How often do you give molasses?

I plan on giving 1 tbsp/ gallon and use with watering every other week. From what I read it feeds the micro organisms and helps them multiply. You don’t wanna give too much because then the micro organisms will preferentially eat this, and not feed on the exudates from the roots that the plant provides. Molasses is an easier source of energy so you don’t want those bugs, getting lazy, and not working in a symbiotic relation with the rhizosphere.

Howdy all what I've experienced and the research I've done and reading what top biologists say molasses is a bacterial food high in simple sugar's so if you lack bacteria in your soil they say use it to feed them And the way to tell is a soil test me I don't use molasses any more didn't see a difference then with a soil test I seen why high amount of bacteria low on all the rest and all's the molasses did was feed the bacteria I needed fungi and protozoa and all the others to complete the web but check out Dr Elaine Ingram on YouTube or get the soil food web book by Jeff Lowenfel both good sources of information on this ✌️ my input is based on experience and research in this hope I was helpful Ron from Michigan

I've been giving my plants Blackstrap molasses, 2 tablespoons per gallon, once a week in both veg and flower. FF soil grow.

Should I give molasses 2 times a week? or 3? My normal schedule is nutes + FF micronutes (beastie bloom, or cha ching, or open sesame in the flowering cycle) on monday, molasses + micronutes on wednesday, and just plain water + micronutes on friday night / saturday morning.
Howdy, how are you growing? Hydro or soil? I do living soil which is 3+ y/o and well my knowledge says only use molasses if you need bacterial food because it is a simply sugar fungi and the others of the food chain don't really use it! (Soil test) tells you, otherwise the only time I use molasses is when I am fermenting EM-1 and I water with that frequently These are the results I get doing it this way ✌️

IMG_20230609_085527.jpg

Back
Top Bottom