How should I set up these lights....

Coolthanksbye

Hey guys... settin' up a grow room for my first grow, already started a Grow Journal thread.
First grow - Sea of Green style
I've hit a fork in the road regarding my lighting. I received my 400 watt HPS fixture today (which is larger than I expected), and it actually came with a veg and a flowering bulb w/ one socket to switch the bulbs when you induce flowering. My original plan was to use my flourescents on one side for veg and use the HPS on the other side only for flowering. My question is should I just trash the flourescents, screw the sea of green for constant turnover, and use only the HPS for the whole grow room, swapping out the lamps when needed? Just not sure which would give me an overall better quality/quantity yield for the work. Your input is definitely appreciated.
:passitleft:

andrew199@fro said:
You should use the space under the stairs for veg , clones, and mother plants.Maybe you have an extra closet for the hps/mh? Just a tip its really tough to grow veg and flower in the same area because of the light regimines.It's much easier to flower in diferent location ,some where that light polution isn't a problem.Do ya get my drift?
Unfortunately this is the only spot in the house that the wife will approve of. It's probably the safest too. I was hoping the opaque curtain would have been enough, that's why I have the veg shelves close and parallel to the flourescent, while the flowering side w/ the HPS (where you walk into) is just completely open without shelves so I could use all of the remaining floor space. It's about 26 square ft of total floor space under the stairs, the steps themselves take away half of the rooms volume.
:bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom