How soon before usnig the FIM technique

FizWiz

just a quick question on when to use this tech. I'm trying my first SOG. I have 12 clones that are rooted and are about 7" tall.

ok. Well maybe I'm not even doing what I thought was a sog method. I'm more or less bending all my plants so I have no verticle branches. I thought the dif. between srog and sog was bending and manipulating but with out a scren. well doing what I just described at what time would I clip the top?
I just would like to get the most out of each plant possible.

No man, SOG is Sea Of Green. . a method where there are many small plants in different growth stages normally set on shelves for space. The goal to have many little plants flowering, come harvest time, you move the next staged plants up the chain and then you'll have a perpetual (sp?) harvest. :peace:

The whole idea of SOG is to have the quickest turnover as possible with as many plants as one can handle. You flower at about 6 to 8 inches and the results are single cola plants with little to no branching. Branching shades neighbor plants and will affect the yield. If you fim you not only slow the whole growing process by at least 2 weeks if not more while the plant recovers from the stress of ripping it's top of, but you also make the plants bushier which means your going to have less room for your plants which equals less yield.
With a sog you could do a perpetual harvest like bags mentioned or you could set it up for a complete harvest every 10 to 11 weeks. If you top/fim it your turnover time will be about 12 to 14 weeks or more.
You would get about the same yield from both ways but SOG is faster IMO.

racefan thanks for the detailed info. well i started off thinking i was doing a sog but it turns out that i'm just bending my plants although i do have a perpetual garden going and I guess i'm not doing bad if my last batch of 5 turned 17.5 o's.

More branches DOES NOT mean more pot.
It means more, but smaller buds. Same yield by weight.
To get more yield from a fim-ed plant, you need add'l soil (for the root mass), more water & nutrients, and add'l light.

Back
Top Bottom