How Soon Should I Prune?

fungi4455

HI FOLKS

I'VE GOT 6 BABYS ABOUT 12 DAYS TRANSPLANTED INTO A OLD PHOTOTRON. THEY ARE LOOKING GOOD... BUT NEED TO GET SUM HEIGHT ON THEM. THEY ARE ABOUT 4" NOW AND BUSHING OUT SUM......
WHEN SHOULD YOU START PRUNING FOR A SHORTER INTERNODAL LENGTH?
I'LL SEND PICS LATER AND WELCOME ANY ADVISE
PEACE.....:peace:

Re: How Soon Should I Prune???!

Ah the old Phototron. I too used to have one back inthe late 80's. Gave up on it after a couple tries, and built a huge one out of plywood. Oh the memories. LOL

Anywho...I don't really recall the "suggested" techniques, but you def need to trim and prune to keep it under control in such a tight space. I think they wanted you to start after the 4th or 5th node, and then every other node after that. Or some such thing. Kind of like bonsai training it. The internodal length is determined more by powerful light source and genetics more than pruning techniques. That was my problem then too...I always wanted bigger and more. Greedy bastard I am. LOL

I wonder if you could find an online Phototron Guide book or something. Maybe try google it?

Let us know what you find out.

Peace,
Akorn

start by trimming undergrowth. remember the big fan leaves are powerhorses and make up alot of the glucose the plant needs.

During veg i wouldn't trim the fan leaves on top. They are getting the most light, and being the most efficient solar panel for the plant. The undergrowth, as the top becomes bushier, becomes less and less effective at making energy. The ratio of energy it brings to the plant///compared to the energy spent supporting that solar panel become less and less worth it.

During flowering some people trim parts or entire fan leaves at the top to bring light to the buds. Usually the amount of light one huge fan leaf at the top blocks from buds under it is way worth it.

Back
Top Bottom