How soon?

Re: how soon??

If the seedling is still in the dicotyledon stage i would leave it intill first true leafs form.

At best i would folair feed at 1/4 to 1/2 rate application rate suggested every few days intill seedling/sprout is ready to be tranasplanted/potted up into a seedling compost/young plant compost if growing in soil/compost ?

I would still follow a 1/4 to 1/2 rate application ratio of nutrients after potting up for the first couple of weeks or so & only feeding once a week whilst in veg.

alright thank you yes im growing in soil so start after the first leaves form?? then what would you say every other water would be good?? for feeding and once in flowering would you still stick to the same feeding?? i kno they say to stop you nutes like 2 weeks before you plant to harvest?? thanks man

A plant grown from seed has enough go go juice to support it self for a couple weeks & only then, i would give it 1/4 to 1/2 rate application of nutrients.

In veg i would only feed once a week in soil/compost.

In flowering i may 2 to 3 times a week or every other watering if using chemical synthetic nutrients with soil/compost/coco coir.

cool thanks man that makes since now thanks ya just got a my nutes just waiting on a couple of things and going to start up ill deff keep you posted man finial got my tent all set up as well another ? i got a water tester tds meter now its a ppm meter it says i just use that for water not mix with anything?? also i have the ph control kit i would us that just for nutes right?? and what is the ideal ppm level you want?? thanks man

You need to include the tap water PPM with the nutrients when applyed.

So if your tap water is 300 PPM & you use 200 PPM of nutrients you have a grand total of 500 PPM.

PH control kit whether that may be PH up or down is used once nutrients are mixed with water to adjust to optimal level for growing medium of concern.

alright thanks man so what if i use bottle water?? i take that measure the ppm the mix the nutrients togther measure again and 500 ppm is good?? and take the ph kit and test to see were it is and then if it needs up add or down add?? and with a soil tester is the same process i take it??

Bottled water & tap water PPM & PH value will be total different from each other this ultimately changes concertration of nutrients used to achieve desired PPM level.

Most nutrients are of an acidic nature pushing nuetral this will buffer the nutrient laced water slightly before amending to the correct PH value with PH UP/DOWN for optimal use.

You strictly DO NOT adjust your soil PH value with PH UP or DOWN this may be very bad for plant health.

I would highly advise using coco coir with synthetic chemical nutrients than a soil/compost based growing medium.

Most good nutrient brands come with application rate of nutrients or even suggested EC/PPM guide for stage of growth, i would look at the instructions for your own nutrients (guide line only) & adjust as & when required.

alright thanks man ya the nutrients i got have a application on them when to use and how much to use as well so what i do is mix the nutes and water then test the ppm level of it?? and what would be better to us tap water or bottle water??

Yes mix nutrients and water together then measure PPM adjust as neseccary.

Tap water is ok but qualitie varies from different parts of world, a lot of american growers complain about their tap water tasting like a swimming pool e.g lots of chlorine it in it...

I believe most tap water has a certain amount of chlorine in it tho & should be left to stand for 24 hours to let the chlorine evpourate & then being safe to use.

Bottled water just addeds more cost & if your pocket is lined with lots of dollars, feel free to make the bottled water company rich :thumb:

P.s I use tap water straight from the tap & water plants directly with it, with no ill side effect... but the qualitie of my own water is a little better.

I'm also organic nutrient & soil grower myself & have never used chemical synthetic nutrients myself let alone measure PPM or even bothered with PH... but its not difficult to be self educated on the matter with a little research & home work :Namaste:

thanks man yes i heard tap water is not the best but ill have to give it a try and see how my tap water is out here!! but what would a good ppm be with everything mixed?? between 300-400 no higher than 400?? and yes im deff trying to get my homework in before i i start my grow and this is all new to me indoors!!! but thank and ill keep you posted when i start ill have a journal up!!!

check ur water ppm. its ahrd to say what ppm is good because diff nute brands and diff strains react differently. feed, feed, water then repeat is good rule to follow. i feed right up til harvest following this routine with no flush. i only flush in hydro but thats irrelevant info at the min.

400 to 500 ppm should be ok for a young plant of a few weeks old & up to 800 to 1000 ppm in late veg.

Some strains react diffirently tho to nutrient requirements so its a bit of a learning curve.

Every bodys tap water may measure a diffirent ppm value tho, so its quite important to know its value first before adding nutrients, you may wish to add nutrients by the ml at first to gauge ppm.. this will be a trial & error experience intill you learn what quanitie of nutrients you need to add to your water including PH up or down.

IF your water is hard you will require PH down.

If your water is soft you will require Ph up.

Ultimately you need to find out what your PH value is of your tap is !

You may also wish to talk to cultivator i believe he use's many different hydroponic system including nutrients which are measured by PPM & able to share information on what PPM is required for different stages of growth better than myself :peace:

Might be worth visiting him in his active journal found in his signature :thumb:

IF your water is hard you will require PH down.

If your water is soft you will require Ph up.

hey fuzzy

thats not exactly true. it depends on nutes. my water is soft at 0.2 ec or less and i use ph down. i use soft water nutes, dependimg on style grow i use canna aqua for recirculating hydro, canna hydro or dutch pro hydro for run to waste, dutch pro coco for coco and dutch pro soil for soil (base nutes) and i use ph down for them all. my ph starts around 6.5-6.7 after mixing nutes. i never use ph up, i use tap water to raise ph if necessary. its far safer.

alright man thanks know with the water hard or soft with the ph up and down i add that right to the water till the ph is right?? and once i get the ph right i then add the nutes and adjust the ppm of it and once that is right should i check the ph again before giving to plants or will i be all set to just water??

another thing is once i germinate my seeds i usual do the paper towel routine which has worked for me once they have popped due i then put them straight in the root riot cubes and soil??

u mix ur nutes, let them stand couple hours to allow them to stabilise. then ph. dont use ph up, theres no need. if u need to up ph use tap water, its safer and will raise ph just as well.

germinate in paper towels, then root in cubes, then add to soil when roots or showing. place plugs in a propogator with vents fully closed.

Back
Top Bottom