How To - 7 Gal Rim Mount SCROG Pots In 2 X 4 Tent - 8.25 Sq Ft

First world problems, can be so heart wrenching.
I shed a tear for you Gazoo.
Also I hope to shed similar tears for myself in future.

Ive got nobody to BLAME but Me,
I know right were I went wrong,
I know just what got her gone,
Turn my life into this country song .

Lyrics, Chris Stapleton - Nobody to blame but Me

OR

I might as well get stoned
and get it off my mind.
Aint got a thing to do,
so might as well get stoned

Lyrics Chris Stapleton - Might as well get stoned

Was finally able to Jar up the BLACKBERRY Last night.

Also I went ahead and HARVESTED the GSCE Last Night as well,
She Looked to me like I was starting to get a lot of amber but now
that I PULLED A SMALL BUD and took a very close look under the
USB Microscope IT looks like I may have mistaken the early PURPLE/BLACK
Trich Heads as amber ? I still see a lot of clear but again this was a very
small lower but so maybe it was just newer and not matured as much as the top?

I will have to check closer on the top buds as soon as I get a chance but until
then here are a few pictures under the Microscope.

=======================================

Dang Gazoo, thats gonna be some tasty smoke there. Love the colors...
I bet you'll still be happy with it, even if you pulled her early. No worries my friend, and great work on those ladies!

Thanks, Yes very happy although the GSCE Looks more like Banana kush at the top of a few buds ?
nothing I cant trim away.

Actually Worked out pretty well I was able to start the second plant harvest as soon
as I jarred the first, but still think I could of waited longer, although she was however fading fast.

I see I never put up a picture of the small bud before the USB MICROSCOPE zoom

===========================================

Just ran across this and figured it was worth posting.

"It’s best to clone plants from regular seeds instead of feminized seeds. Marijuana plants are forced to produce feminized seeds only by stressing them. If plants from those seeds are stressed again, they can become hermaphrodite."

Just ran across this and figured it was worth posting.

"It’s best to clone plants from regular seeds instead of feminized seeds. Marijuana plants are forced to produce feminized seeds only by stressing them. If plants from those seeds are stressed again, they can become hermaphrodite."

Nice, interesting stuff there Gazoo. Makes since too, makes me wonder if clones really do as good as the plants they are cut from. I noticed on the last Wonder Woman I ran, which was a clone, did not have good roots. She was fried by the Cat drenches too... cause I didn't know better at the time. I mean, in all fairness the Wonder Woman strain needs work in itself, it is definitely not the best genetics to start with so that may have been the actual issue.
Thank you for posting this!!

Nice, interesting stuff there Gazoo. Makes since too, makes me wonder if clones really do as good as the plants they are cut from. I noticed on the last Wonder Woman I ran, which was a clone, did not have good roots. She was fried by the Cat drenches too... cause I didn't know better at the time. I mean, in all fairness the Wonder Woman strain needs work in itself, it is definitely not the best genetics to start with so that may have been the actual issue.
Thank you for posting this!!

Not a problem, I like to post information that gets me thinking and hope it helps others.
A few more tidbits from the same article

Not sure how accurate any of this is but "food for thought"

"At the absolute minimum, your chosen plant needs to be two months old. In fact, it should have been in the vegetative state for two or three months already"

"Once you decide on a plant, be sure to prepare it properly. It should receive ten percent less nitrogen than normal starting a week or two before you clip its branches. This will help its clones have a higher chance of successful rooting after you have clipped them off"

"Remember to cut out branches from the bottom, since they aren’t as productive as branches higher up on the plant anyway. This will promote faster rooting in the clone. That being said, you also might want to consider cutting from the top if you want the resulting plant to flower more quickly. ".

"Some growers make the decision to not use any lights at all for a day or two while the clones are adjusting to their new surroundings. Others start with a bright light and then use a dimmer grow light after a couple days.

For roots to form, you should also ensure that there is at least some darkness each day. Try 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness."

Yea, I dont understand the folks who use 24/0 when starting clones. Clones cant really utilize the light they are given without roots anyway, so why give em a ton? My clones get very little direct light, timer set to 16/8 just like veg plants. I spray under my makeshift dome 2x per day and hit the clones as well, unless I am doing De-stress (every other day) then I will spray under the leaves but spray the dome with water. I had roots coming on one clone a few days ago, right at about 7 days the rest have the tiny white bumps... so they'll be around soon. Need to decide if I will even keep any of them.

I use 24/0 with clones and seeds mostly for the heat because I don't really have a good,way to,keep the temps up at lights out in my clones/seeds cardboard box, ha! :rofl: my success rate is very good. Not 100% but almost. One thing about the clones is this last set got light stress with lots of 3 bladed leaves, not sure if that was because of the light change from 16/8 to 24/0 then back to 16/8 when they rooted or if something happened to the lights after they were growing for a while because it didn't happen for a while after the change back to 16/8 (same lights on time as before.) they're fine now.

Very interesting stuff Gazoo! I've found that there are lots of ways to skin a cat in growing our favorite plant. Take some of the very best growers round these parts and they most likely do lots of things different. Chalk it it to the amazing plant we are growing. :yummy:

Yea, I dont understand the folks who use 24/0 when starting clones. Clones cant really utilize the light they are given without roots anyway, so why give em a ton? My clones get very little direct light, timer set to 16/8 just like veg plants. I spray under my makeshift dome 2x per day and hit the clones as well, unless I am doing De-stress (every other day) then I will spray under the leaves but spray the dome with water. I had roots coming on one clone a few days ago, right at about 7 days the rest have the tiny white bumps... so they'll be around soon. Need to decide if I will even keep any of them.

I use 24/0 with clones and seeds mostly for the heat because I don't really have a good,way to,keep the temps up at lights out in my clones/seeds cardboard box, ha! :rofl: my success rate is very good. Not 100% but almost. One thing about the clones is this last set got light stress with lots of 3 bladed leaves, not sure if that was because of the light change from 16/8 to 24/0 then back to 16/8 when they rooted or if something happened to the lights after they were growing for a while because it didn't happen for a while after the change back to 16/8 (same lights on time as before.) they're fine now.

Very interesting stuff Gazoo! I've found that there are lots of ways to skin a cat in growing our favorite plant. Take some of the very best growers round these parts and they most likely do lots of things different. Chalk it it to the amazing plant we are growing. :yummy:

Thanks for your input guys, The more I know the better I grow :)

Its really a mater of what WORKS for our individual environment and then we can dial it in from there but
nice to see/read how others are doing it in case there may be something I can try that may work better, never
stop listening, adapting and improving.

I like the Start with Dark cycle idea and will probably give that a go to see if I can notice any improvements

EDIT: As for seed germination I have always started with lights on 24/0 just because I want them to see light
the SECOND they break ground, don't want them doing the early stretch looking for light

Were they FLOWER CLONES I ask because that always happens to the clones I take in flower I assumed
thats Normal when they revert back to Veg they basically started over with 3 leaf ?

Does sound more like Light stress in your case Or maybe just some delayed stress that took a while
to show since growth was slowed while re-rooting

Just starting my next Run with GUAWI and GDP one each.
Both Drooped on July's "NEW MOON"
Probably start a Journal in a week or 2 once I am sure these are going to be keepers

Anyway
I just noticed something that has happened in the past but just now
made sense.

Sometimes I get seeds that come up with the Husk (shell) still partially on and realized
if the Husk is still mostly covering the 1st cotyleons (round leafs) the seedling will continue
to stretch. I assume this is caused by the seedling still thinking its underground and trying to grow out ?

Noticed this last night when the GDP Broke ground but still had the husk, this morning she was
about and inch tall and still covered in husk. I used tweezers to help split the husk so it would fall off
and BANG leafs open turn green within 30 minutes, almost sure the stretch has stopped.

Just my observation and wanted to record it as a way for me to log it into my brain

Back
Top Bottom