How to Become Member of the Month!

How about beginner of the month competition?

That is an interesting idea.

OtOH... I do not think there are any technical reasons why a "beginner" cannot become Member of the Month, lol. I was nominated for MotM in the first half of May, 2009 after joining the forum in February of the same year. I might have joined late in the month, and that wasn't a leap year, so I (somehow ;) ) managed to get nominated less than three months after joining. And... I won it, lol (it doesn't show in my user title because that was before they started permanently listing every instance of winning one of the three monthly contests).

That is an interesting idea.

OtOH... I do not think there are any technical reasons why a "beginner" cannot become Member of the Month, lol. I was nominated for MotM in the first half of May, 2009 after joining the forum in February of the same year. I might have joined late in the month, and that wasn't a leap year, so I (somehow ;) ) managed to get nominated less than three months after joining. And... I won it, lol (it doesn't show in my user title because that was before they started permanently listing every instance of winning one of the three monthly contests).

I had a very similar experience. I came on in September of 2014 and was nominated the first time within three months. I was nominated three months in a row and won the third time. So it's very possible for a new member to make the nominations list and win. It's all about your commitment to the community.

This isn't a contest you should aspire to, IMO. Your love and commitment to the community earn you the recognition from the mod staff, who sift through the nominations from your peers to come up with the final list. Quite frankly, the contests I've been in are harrowing experiences. :laughtwo: The thrill of the contest, coupled with the humility of being recognized for what you do as a matter of course and all the anxiety that tries to ride along. Lol!

Come into the community and find your comfortable place. Let the membership get to know you and then see where you can be of the greatest help. This refreshes your soul and expands your creative expression. The entire community benefits from the addition of your new energy and we grow stronger, one cannabis warrior at a time.

I had a very similar experience. I came on in September of 2014 and was nominated the first time within three months. I was nominated three months in a row and won the third time. So it's very possible for a new member to make the nominations list and win. It's all about your commitment to the community.

I joined in October and was put into the mix in November, not like I had a much of a chance of winning or anything :rofl:.....I felt it was an honor to even make the nominees in the poll , which is more than enough for me. IMHO if you get too many award categories it just dilutes the ones you have already, and makes folks less likely to get involved in the voting, or for it to have the meaning that was intended for having the award.

I joined in October and was put into the mix in November, not like I had a much of a chance of winning or anything :rofl:.....I felt it was an honor to even make the nominees in the poll , which is more than enough for me. IMHO if you get too many award categories it just dilutes the ones you have already, and makes folks less likely to get involved in the voting, or for it to have the meaning that was intended for having the award.

I've been thinking about this UrbanMonk, and you make a good point about getting the voters involved. I noticed a drop in the voting numbers in this year's MOTY that I felt may have been due to the lead I maintained. I want more members involved in the fun of the contests, and I want to enter those NOTM and POTM contests at some point. If I somehow win contests in other areas does that begin to make it look like I'm sucking up too much?

I don't think so. There's nothing, absolutely nothing, keeping someone else from overshadowing my contributions to this wonderful community. Quite frankly, I'd welcome an army of individuals so driven to join our numbers and snatch that title away next year. I have no intention of slowing down myself, in fact I may just be getting started. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Voting went down for several reasons, but not limited to;

Mobile App not having polls for voting, which represents about half of our members now. Last year we used a different mobile app that included polls, we are still working on developing it for the new app.

Mobile View was outdated, causing re-directs and stopping members from accessing Desktop Mode to vote. This was fixed last night, so everyone should be able to vote from phones now, via Desktop Mode.

Public Votes tend to attack the ego and create issues where people are nervous to expose their vote, for fear of friend jealously, etc. It was either make them public or constantly deal with drama from liars, cheaters and revolutions against us as a result.

We are doing everything we can, to figure out how to increase voting. Your help in spreading the word will help tremendously. :thanks:

:Namaste:

I really like the change with seeing each others votes. I wasn't sure I would and I might feel differently if I had something at stake. But I like seeing how growers I follow line up sometimes and other times vote completely unexpected. Gets me to take second third fourth look at some entries I didn't spend as much time looking at the first time around. Kind of adds to my appreciation of strains/styles I'm less familiar with.

I get in trouble too much...... I don't do it on purpose, I just seem to defy the rules without really knowing I'm doing it.... Oh well.

Still, I'll be here, and do my best.

You are nice, remember it's not about being popular. ;):cheer:

Wow, thanks. I try to help. I have a lot to educate myself on with regards to diagnosing plant problems, but I do know a lot of theory. I also try to touch on threads others have missed.

:thanks:

Couldn't be any more clearer than that ! I'm loving the attitude. Never stumbled across bad intended people that just give you random advice without knowing.
Not sure I get your point, but ok.

Also, don't know who you are referring to that is "bad intended". No one here that I know of has any bad intentions. Evidently, you do not know the people on this forum very well. But stick around, you will learn there is rarely a case that someone intentionally steers someone wrong. But feel free to point them out when you see it happen. :thumb:

Also, don't know who you are referring to that is "bad intended". No one here that I know of has any bad intentions. Evidently, you do not know the people on this forum very well. But stick around, you will learn there is rarely a case that someone intentionally steers someone wrong. But feel free to point them out when you see it happen. :thumb:
I think he said he never saw that here. :thumb:

Brother I think I wasnt clear in my message. I meant that the good thing about this forum is that I havent met bad intented people like on other forums where people try to guide you the wrong way just for fun or to be dicks. Sorry if I made myself unclear lol

Brother I think I wasnt clear in my message. I meant that the good thing about this forum is that I havent met bad intented people like on other forums where people try to guide you the wrong way just for fun or to be dicks. Sorry if I made myself unclear lol

No problem..... I read it the wrong way, not your fault. It was my misunderstanding...... :thumb:

I think most people here show a great deal of respect considering how most forums run. We typically hold each other to a higher standard. It's hard to admit when you make a mistake or wrong, but it happens here. I've done it.....myself.

It's why I only come here. We are good, and I'm glad you are here..... we all need a place where the people don't steer us wrong.

No problem..... I read it the wrong way, not your fault. It was my misunderstanding...... :thumb:

I think most people here show a great deal of respect considering how most forums run. We typically hold each other to a higher standard. It's hard to admit when you make a mistake or wrong, but it happens here. I've done it.....myself.

It's why I only come here. We are good, and I'm glad you are here..... we all need a place where the people don't steer us wrong.
Thanx ! I will sure to read your first grow journal

Back
Top Bottom