How to best support big ole top heavy flowering plants in 5gal/7gal buckets that want to fall over

sativuhhh

So the two plants got to be pretty big and were a monstercrop anyhow and are really getting heavy on top. They are in 7 gallon buckets now which are just tall 5 gallon buckets. 3.5" net pot that I have taped all over and giving a bunch of extra support, but it's no longer enough. It's dwc so I do have to be able to lift off the lid to top up and change res water for a couple weeks more. That's what kept me from scrogging it to give support.

Anyone have any good thoughts to do it that will still allow lid lifting and sliding over to the side a little but still hold a big, established plant vertical? I'm thinking about trying to maybe make a pvc ring that sits on top of the lid and goes up and connects in thru some branches inside, not sure if that would work. I tried sliding some stakes thru but with nothing to attach to they don't do much. I guess I could tie them to branches.

20190625_092620.jpg

20190623_220550.jpg

Try running some twine criss-cross between the 4x corner posts and supporting the canopies.
I second that motion ...good looking plants btw

Dude, those are the most gorgeous plants I've seen all day. This doesn't help you now, but a SCROG might have been a good idea. Might be a good idea next time if your plants typically get that big.

Well running string didn't quite work super well due to how they are placed inside the tent with the door. Just been propping them each time i touch them as best I can.

They are looking great though. Getting closer. I've done a ton of defol work over the last multiple days cutting off all the fans I could find blocking light down or touching other leaves. Humidity is much better now and the weight and everything is a bit better. Still a little light green in some of the lower middle. I wish i could have scrogged this from the beginning.

20190702_214120.jpg

20190702_214128.jpg

20190702_214144.jpg
20190702_214224.jpg
20190702_214250.jpg

Back
Top Bottom