How to buy LED grow lights that work

Dealzer

Hey all, if you want to be sure that your LED grow lights are going to work as good as the regular hps/mh lights, you have to make sure they are manufactured in the US. The stores that offer US manufactured LED lights usually state it in the description. Of course, you can also call any shop to ask if they are in fact manufactured in the US.

Also, one of the most popular LED lights you can buy is the Procyon LED. Although all US manufactured lights are equally as good, the Procyon is the most popular only because its been in the market the longest.

So, avoid China made LEDs, and stick to the US manufactured ones. They work the best.

Cheers!
Dealzer

:thumb:

Are led lights the same as christmas lights? I read it somewhere they were one in the same but not sure if its true or not. But if it is then you can make your own led's and for way cheaper.

some Xmas lights are made from leds, but these aren't necessarily an effective combinations of light spectrums or lens angles.

Xmas lights are also spaced far enough apart that a heat synch strategy isn't needed

Way simpler to just get something already engineered and proven out.

Even the first generation of LEDs were arguably barely effective for flowering and these were purpose built for growing weed.

These 2nd and 3rd gen models out now are really doing a nice job ;)

Great thread Dealzer, anybody got any advice for buying in Europe? I'm worried if I purchase from the US and ship to Europe the shipping costs and risk of them getting damaged.
:nicethread:

It all depends. Shipping to Europe is pretty expensive, but the way we package our LEDs at Dealzer.com is done with total expertise. This way, the package arrives safely and also comes with insurance, so if anything does go wrong, the shipping company will pay for it. Although, I haven't seen our packaging department make mistakes like that as of yet. We do a good job overall.

Thanks
Albert

Hi Dealzer,

could you please tell me what the the price after shipping would be for the 300w Efficiency LED Grow Lights Panel and the 300w Efficiency Pitbull GrowL LED Grow Light. I live in Spain, Europe. Is there any additional tax?

Thanks to all of you for the info :thumb:

Anybody have any advise on how to operate wit US warranties if living in Europe? I.e. having to send the product back and forward.

thanks

what hard evidence are you basing your comments on? I have to say that whilst undoubtledly the lumen output is substantially less and they often don't have the deep reds there seem to be some reasonable grows with the cheap n cheerful chinese 90 UFOs....i suspect that they are just an easy target to bash.........check this dude's grow for example on a 7.1.1 chinese 90w led:

YouTube - Lowryder 90w Ufo LED Grow Day 68 ( Buddha Seed Bank - Deimos )

One thing about "grows"finished with LEDs, how are they going to prove they didn't grow under a 1000 watt hps ? And take a picture of there finished "LED" grow !! So far I like the 288 watt unit I got from earthfiregarden , combination of spectrums and different % for their bulbs 30% 60% and 120% .Quite running and much cooler than my old 400watt HPS.

One thing about "grows"finished with LEDs, how are they going to prove they didn't grow under a 1000 watt hps ? And take a picture of there finished "LED" grow !! So far I like the 288 watt unit I got from earthfiregarden , combination of spectrums and different % for their bulbs 30% 60% and 120% .Quite running and much cooler than my old 400watt HPS.

Well ... there are definitely dishonest people around, but I assure you the correct LED lights will finish a garden. Look at my current LED grow. Or ... look at Irish ... or staffy.

All of the big LED companies like Prosource, Advance LED, Stealth, HydroGrow, & Magnum LED are all assembled in China,most of these company use US parts that are manufactured in USA, but those parts are then shipped to China and the lights are all put together there...

I own a 180watt Prosource and a 300watt diamond Advance LED, I borrowed a friends 240watt busybee Led and the light out preformed my 300watt diamond, busybee is a USA company too seems like companies are popping up all over the states now.. My next night will def be a Busybee they are a few hundred dollars below the big companies always improving there lights like Advance and always seem to be doing the same thing like the 10watt and now mixing in 5watt with 3watt leds but always have lots of models in 3watt or 1watt.

I am guessing 1 1/2 to 2 years until LED lights drop to the point where it doesn't make sense for anyone to not buying LED lights.

Busybee LED...
I am a real fan of LED lamp and i will not trust this brand for the moment...
For what i saw on their website, at Busybee they don't have any research program with University.
The guy say that in his family they grow fruits and grape since long time, and for him be under the 45th parallel is the proof of the future good quality of their wine, but for the wine you can be at the 45th parallel if the ground, the vine are not good your wine will not have the same taste than French wine.
An other thing that i find strange is the price of their products and when they talk about wavelengths. They can have 100 wavelengths if it's not the right ones, the LED will spend energy for nothing because it will not be absorbed by the plant. So it will be like the HPS lamp, a lot of energy used for nothing. And the price of their products, you can find the same products in China for less expensive. I would like to see their LED lamp in action and their results.
The problem with the products Made in China, it's that it will be really cheap, but broken really quickly also. A lot of little US company will just buy some LED lamp in China via Alibaba.com without any experience in the Medical Marijuana domain, take 30% on the retail price just to make money without real experiments and results. So the day that i will see a demonstration by Busybee LED i will trust them.

Back
Top Bottom