How to care for a mother plant?

farmertango

420 Member
Hi all. Going to start a mother plant to take clones off of for the first time. Indoor tent grower. Any suggestions on lighting and nutes?

Go up to the search bar and type in bonsai mom or bonsai mother. You should catch a ton of references. Most folks don’t feed heavy, they want to keep several moms but not ginormous plants. Most keep moms in smallish containers and don’t feed or water often, about once a year they do root pruning and then repack edges with new soil. Do some reading on those search terms and see what you can find out.

heres a link Bonsai mothers

Go up to the search bar and type in bonsai mom or bonsai mother. You should catch a ton of references. Most folks don’t feed heavy, they want to keep several moms but not ginormous plants. Most keep moms in smallish containers and don’t feed or water often, about once a year they do root pruning and then repack edges with new soil. Do some reading on those search terms and see what you can find out.

heres a link Bonsai mothers
Thanks!

Hi all. Going to start a mother plant to take clones off of for the first time. Indoor tent grower. Any suggestions on lighting and nutes?
I take care of the mothers the same way I am treating the other plants that are in the vegetation closet. I want them to grow more leaves and stems so I can cut them off and make more clones. Come to think of it, all of my plants are mother plants. Some will be donating cuttings for a couple of months and some will donate one time.

My mother plants are only mothers for as long as I figure it is taking to train them to the shape and size I want. Then I let them grow another week or two without cutting off stems and put them into the flowering cabinet.

Eventually the cuttings that develop roots, grow new leaves and have survived the occasional culling will be trained. That means that I will occasionally have to take a cutting off of them. So, I figure that all the plants will be mothers; sometimes successful mothers and sometimes the clones do not survive and the lineage dies out.

Back
Top Bottom