How to clean LEDs?

Here you go. We reccomend a similar process.

Is it ok to use rubbing alcohol? that's how i 've been cleaning them between grows. wipe lightly with a micro fiber cloth dampened with the alcohol.

Isopropyl Alcohol is what HLG recommends to use as a solvent, anything other then Isopropyl Alcohol could damage the fixture.

Not sure, I would consult HLG or your light manufacturer about doing anything other then what they recommend.

I refurbish laptops (specifically Dell e6410's) as a hobby and sell them on eBay. These can be trashed and compressed air can be useful for cleaning mother boards when vacuuming alone does not work. While I have access to dried pressure regulated air, those air cans used for keyboard cleaning would work well.
The low pressure that they contain should not hurt a QB but make sure tape or wire nuts don't fly off. Also wait for them to be room temp; the air will be cold and I can see issues occurring if it hits a hot surface.
Microfiber is a much better choice than a paper towel which is known to scratch surfaces especially screens on laptops. I surmise they would be just as abrasive to LEDs. Just watch the loops if the cloth has them so they don't snag and damage anything.
Iso is the go-to for me; just get as high of % of alcohol you can get. Do not get a 50-to-50 ratio of water to alcohol like the cheap crap is. Amazon has 99% for $3 btw.

Back
Top Bottom