How To Clone A Cannabis Plant

I just took ten clones of mau-mau yesterday always following the procedure down to thw wire but this round
after bout 18 hrs some are drooped over and i cant figure out y???? I made sure my ph water i set my clones in is at 6.5 until make my 45°cut then dip in root tech gel i presoak my rapid cubes in vitamin B1 before placing clones of in ph 6.5 dome is on wit t5 8" away temps got a lil high last night so i removed dome and mist inside of lid and placed it back on temp is at 74°now am i missing sumthin???

I noticed a out of the 4 clones I took only one rooted. So i'm wondering if i did something wrong or was there too much moisture probably?

No sumtimes others root faster than others u should see roots form
on the rest within the next few days but like i said sum take longer
Long as they're alive there growing

I took 6 clones of og skywalker kush 3ago and juz yesterday they started showing roots lots of times its the conditions
plus genetic make up some take longer than others

Hey mate... I am still an inexperienced grower... I am currently on harvest 5 and 6 under lights... All of these are form the one mother who is now 5months old. I generally see the beginnings after 7 days and then around 10 they are good to go... sometimes earlier sometimes later. The longest was around 4 weeks but they were cuttings taken from a plant around 3 weeks into flower.

When I clone I don't go low on my mother... she is a mother so I use the new strong growth for the clone to give myself the best chance... When I want to flower her out eventually I will just stop cloning off her for four weeks prior... until then I figure she has one job so I just take the best looking shoots to use as clones... I use a TurboKlone machine and I average around 90% although I might do a few runs where they have all taken so I have a few little projects I keep on the side and experiment with training them and different types of trimming to encourage growth and bud locations.

I keep the lid off and run them on an 18/6 int he same space as the mother.. this way I know they are in a healthy environment... I use a spray bottle with a weak mix of soda water and rhizotonic and spray them 3 or 4 times a day over the 18 hour period.

It seems to be working fine so far... I use the same solution on my other plants all the way through their life cycle.. gives them a little more CO2 and rhizo....

I guess it will also depend on the strain.... if it continues to be shitty take some cuttings from a mate or grow a new mother with a different strain and experiment... trial and error sucks balls but it is a great way to learn... I have taken a lot of excellent info from this site but it will never replace your own experience as a grower....

Good luck and bud up!!

does this setup work?

20131108_152731_zps6ccc85e6.jpg

You are close. If were me, that light needs to out of the dome or it might short out or the very least corrode quickly and become unusable. I would put a layer of pebble rock on the bottom of that tray, fill the bottom with water just to the top of the pebble rock, then place the small pots on some plastic lids or small pot tray to keep the water from actually touching the pot/soil. The light above should provide enough heat to fog up the dome but you can add a heat pad under the tray or use a small watt bulb inside a box that is about the same size of the tray and then put the tray on the box. Roots like warmth too so it helps them develop.

The main idea is that the leaves absorb water vapor until roots grow and feed the clones water, in a system like you have. There are some hydroponic clone trays that work completely differently so be sure you are not mixing up information from one type to the other when reading about clones.

When you see new growth I would still wait another week to be sure because you can have new growth from the leaves pulling in water. One more thing, once you watered the soil at the beginning don't water again! Unless the soil is completely dry.

:peace:X

This is what I have done. It is my first time working with seeds. It seems to be a slow process compared to cloning but I wanted to give it a try. I am a very new grower and at time I feel like I am fumbling around in the dark. My light is on the outside of my container. I am still trying to figure out how to post photos.

vegroom5.jpg
] This is my veg room I have labeled the seeds that I am trying to do. Most of mine are Bubba White shark clones. My querckel and other plants are small. I was not using the nutrients I thought that the TGA soil would be enough and it is not. I see in you above photos you have cloned form a plant that was already in bud. You want to take the clones before that stage. I am not an expert by any means. I am just doing my first bloom and they are small as well because of the lack of nutrients. Today I am transplanting most of my plants in the veg tent and starting them on the nutrients. I am using the Kind brand. At the end of the month I am going to try and do 4 plants in a hydroponics unit. I figure the worst I can do is kill them. The soil is killing my pocket book at 15. a bag and my back.

well i guess i did something right...After two weeks...ended up with 6 Mtf and 4 Erkulan's...I used soil not rockwool w/ a dome....

Thanks everyone

I have better luck with the soil as well. When ever I use the plugs I either, get them to wet and it takes longer than 10 days or I kill them. I tried the plugs once more with some swiss cheese and it took almost 15 days to see roots. I am going to stick with the soil for now on. :goodjob:

hey hi, what would u suggest about the gel..which one is better?

Thanks for the info..most helpful.

I use cloneX. I would see if your local hydro or plant store has samples of it. You don't use very much and it will go bad in time. If you get a jar/or sample make sure you keep it refrigerated it will last longer :)

Brilliant information as always,
Looking at creating my own clones rather than seed,

Thanks Again Guys.!

Back
Top Bottom