How To Clone A Cannabis Plant

Hello I'm new to this site and have some cloning questions. Me and my gf took out our clones last night from the humidity dome they were perked up look strong. The roots are healthy and are sticking out of the starters. However less then 12 hours later in the new pots, but the plant is shrivled up leaves are drying soul is moist not soaked and not underwatered. No color changes on the leaves I need help or advice thank you

WIN_20140303_103038.JPG
WIN_20140303_103026.JPG
WIN_20140303_103032.JPG
I just took my clones out of the dome and they were healthy we could see the roots and they were healthy however 10 hours later they are in new soil and under a cfl and t5 same as when they were in the clomedome now my plants are sagging and dry

Hi Welcome!

what sort of CFL are you using?
How Far away?
I am a new grower so I may be wrong but they look almost asleep to me?

Grown,

Yeah earlier I put one back in the humidity dome and still looks weak I had a person say could be shock from going from such high humidity to way lower

We opened the too to give fresh air maybe 2 times a day in beging more and we change water out 1 time the roots were long and looked strong but after a few hours outside they shrivled up. Do I need to mist them after there out of the dome? To help prepair them for the veg room the one that went back inside the dome is still bad does not seem to be helping

I was going to keep this in my blog only for my subscribers of my journal but I will link a far more easier and far more successful way to clone then this thread because I want you all to grow the plants you desire. I copied it directly from my journal. Hope it helps all of you.

Hello back again and this time I want to talk about cloning. A lot of people seem to have trouble starting clones or keeping them alive while they build up their root infrastructure. So I thought I would take the time to share a really easy and great way to clone. Most people buy cubes and and domes and heating mats hoping their clones will not only root but survive. When I made clones what I would do is make a small cut in the flesh of the plant where you intend to cut for your clone. Just slice the outer skin to expose the inside of the plant. What you want to do is take some rooting gel and a little bit of soil and put it inside tin foil.Make sure the bit of soil has some water mixed in or the root growth may be slow or not at all. Once you have done that make sure the tin foil forms sort of a bowl shape and the take that and put it directly on the fresh cut while the prospective cutting is still on the plant. Secure the tin foil wrapped around the fresh cut with a rubber band or even cling wrap. Check back in a few days and there will be roots growing out of that cut you made. So cut it completely off and plant. Very simple in fact the hardest part of this is to keep the soil in place as you wrap it around the cut. Enjoy your new cuttings. Be sure to let me know how it goes for you. I enjoy other people stories.

Are you talking to me Joe? If you are then you know I dont have pics since you told me you read the cloning blog entry.. I dont use clones in my current setup thats why the directions are very detailed and easy to follow.

Yeah sorry I dont have any cloning gel or one prepared. But it eliminates the need for the humidity dome or any capillary mats As long as you dress the wound fully it will work. Have done maybe 45 and I only had 1 not work because the soil fell out of the tin foil and I was unaware as I was wrapping the cling wrap around

Back
Top Bottom