How To Clone A Cannabis Plant

I took a cutting on 8-16-2014, and I have some major questions. First, I didn't take off nodes, but I did clip the tips of the leaves. I used soil instead of rockwool, which now I think I should not have because I can't see the roots, if there IS any. Now the leaves seem to be changing to a yellow tone. 1 pic taken on 8-21-14 and two
weed123.jpg
clone124.jpg
clone215.jpg
today.

Oh dear, to scrape or not to scrape? Maybe this is my problem. Running out of places to take a cutting, but if these do not grow I will have to take more! Hubby told me not to scrape, but I did on some. Later...noticed some stems coated with a slime...they were rotting. I wonder if they were the unscraped ones or the scraped ones.

ok well after reading this and after 20 years of not doing it..my success os 16 clones 4 not make it...in dirt and a indicus ...have 4 great moms and now understand more...

First attempt at cloning today. I took three clones from a plant that has been at 24/0 for 5 weeks, and 13/11 for this last week, as I transition it to 12/12 (ok, my auto timer was off, but fixed as of now). The plant hasn't show any signs of actually flowering yet when I took these three cuttings.

The mother plant has had amazing growth characteristic. My goal will be to grow one of these plants into a long term Keeper for generating future clones. I have the cuttings dipped in the powder and placed in a moist moss inside of a 1 gallon ziplock (open on side that I breath into when I check on them). Temp is 80ish, humidity is about 50% inside the grow space. I am spraying mist into the 1 gal zip bag so its dripping on the plant over time. Hopefully between higher co2, warm, moist, indirect CFL lighting they will grow some roots.

Woohoo! Finally, after a few years of growing, I got some rooting powder. Says it's got Indole-3-butyric acid at 0.1% It's "Bontone II Rooting Powder." I've had only hit and miss cloning success, let's hope this makes a difference.

I found an easy, almost free dome can be had from your supermarket bakery. They've got plastic containers they put donuts and cakes in. So you can satisfy your munchies, and get a dome at the same time! The corn-oil-plastic ones are great, because it comes from a renewable resource, and because it decomposes easily, but polystyrene ones work, too. Cut holes in them for ventilation, if you want.

EDIT: A question: Are certain strains easier to clone than others?

I found an easy, almost free dome can be had from your supermarket bakery. They've got plastic containers they put donuts and cakes in. So you can satisfy your munchies, and get a dome at the same time! The corn-oil-plastic ones are great, because it comes from a renewable resource, and because it decomposes easily, but polystyrene ones work, too. Cut holes in them for ventilation, if you want.
So I should invest in donuts.

I can do that. I think we can all do that!

Personally, I like chocolate cake. :D

i lost some really nice clones because i did not open any of the vents on my humidity dome it was 80 degrees that day they wilted over in one day this next batch i will crack open a vent on dome but the temp is lower now hope to have better result this go around.

Good luck, lookoveryours. Airflow is important. With clones, you want pretty high humidity, and lots of airflow.

A mother plant is a plant from seed or cutting that is kept in a vegetative state with lighting. such as a 18/6 lighting schedule. Then take cuttings from the mother plant when you want to... make sense?

Back
Top Bottom