How to collect male pollen?

Fietchen

Hello, i have 2 Male Plant from a Blueberry <3 what i need to do to collect the Pollen and when is the Right time? It looks today some Pollen are open.

IMG_20190925_202619.jpg

I went even more low tech this last time and just bent the branches over a paper plate and shook them a bit, then cut that branch off, turned it upside down and shook some more... all of this of course in another room, mostly in a small tent and with all fans in the house off.
Then it was easy to scrape the powder into a pile using a credit card and a spoon to scoop it up into a plastic pill bottle. I have a bunch of collected pill bottle desiccant packs, so I threw one of those in there to keep it dry till I need it, and put it in the fridge. Typically when I apply it I will mix it 50:50 with some white flour first. This helps the fine powder adhere and stay where I want it, and I use a medium sized oil paint brush to apply it to the buds that I want to pollinate.
:goodluck:

Which Male i have to Pic from this 2 Blueberry Males??? The Male behind has much more Pollen but the first one Smells litte better when i smash the leafs :) but more Pollen more Buds maybe later? I can't pollinate with 2 Males i have a small tent and 6 blueberry Girls :)

IMG_20190926_012653.jpg
IMG_20190926_012648.jpg

What's most important to you? Make a list and rate the plants. Our opinions don't count. You're the breeder!

Some things to consider:
  • plant health
  • growth rate
  • plant form
  • appearance
  • odor
These are not in any particular order. Add any attributes you'd like. You might want to assign a multiplier to rate their importance to you.

Back
Top Bottom