how to connect cool tube exhaust fan and carbon filter

tommyb88

how do i connect a cool tube so its running with the exhaust fan and filter?

do i have one end of the cool tube connected to the filter with ducting and then ducting to the fan and more ducting leading out of the tent? please any help and critisism

cooltube_air_flow.png

Filter-ducting-cool tube-ducting-fan out of tent. And if all else fails, lots of duct tape lol. I use led, but I'm pretty confident that that's how it's set up. Your picture looks right to me

Thats how I would do it, mine looks similar minus the carbon filter don't use one. But thats how I would do it, What is your fan ? How many cfms are you pushing ? How big is your room ? I'm not sure how much harder the filter makes the fan work might need a booster fan in there only you can be the judge on that one wanna make sure you have ample fresh air coming in.

You could just attach the fan to the filter , and blow threw your tubing to your cool tube and then on out too I've seen it done that way too. happy growing :thumb:

Boy aren't you right there lol. My wife doesn't smoke but the other day just before I harvested I brought a bud home to sample before the big chop so I quick dried in the oven she was giving me shit for using her banana bread pan. then i had the bud sitting on the counter she touched it,{ it's so sticky I can't get it off my fingers now} lol all I could do is laugh. My wife has major obsessive compulsive disorder so it was driving her nuts..

Yeah mines not a smoker either, so if I leave grow room door open before she comes home, I get an earful. Apparently I have no sense of smell, cause I think she's making shit up half the time lol

With your fan down stream of the tube you will suck in funk through any leaks and blow it out side. I would hook the fan to the filter and blow through as you have diagrammed. I set mine up as you have diagrammed and it still had some smell outside. Changed it around and all is well. Any small leaks will NOT create a positive pressure. You have a much higher vacum with a 4 or 6" fan than any pressure coming out of a little leak in the ducting or the connection of the tube and the cord. Plus you fan may last longer with out pulling hot air through it.
I now use a 4" fan and filter to both exchange the air and scrub it and a 6" fan cooling my tubes. That is getting air from outside of the tent so no smell from that.

Back
Top Bottom