How to cool grow room?

Antonio Bandido

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the temp down in my 80cm X 80cm X 180cm (2.6ft X 2.6ft X 6ft) grow room.
its at 27C/80F with tent closed. Am keeping the tent open at the moment but would like to find a way to get it to the correct temperature closed.
Have recently bought LED 300 LED to replace a CFL 300w bulb as I thought this would solve the problem, & also have an air filter and few differing size fans but it hasn't helped.
Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated...;p

just to double check, the in-line fan/blower is different to the air filer fan I have? also not sure if I have the air filter on the correct side of the fan? I suffer a bit from dyslexia , thanks again...;p

Attachments

• IMG-4724.JPG
    IMG-4724.JPG
    676.1 KB · Views: 109
Yes i have 3 vents neat the top of the vent that i have opened & have tried various fan sizes to get the flow correct but it is still a bit too hot....at the moment just keeping the front completely open but would like to be able to keep it enclosed as its near my front door

Hi Antonio,
welcome to 420 mag.

If your vents are close to where your extraction is your just recycling the warm air back into your grow space,
You need to supply fresh, cooler air to bring the temps down,
All tents usually have vents at the bottom, open one of these and close the top ones, the air from lower down will be cooler than the air from up high (as heat rises) and will help with the cooling.
Hope this helps.

What is the Temp of the Room the Grow Tent is in? Not the temp inside the tent, but the room the tent is in.
I usually use 2 fans & filters. a 4" on the bottom of the tent pulling air into the tent & a 6" fan & Fliter in the top sucking hot air out of the tent. keeps the airflow moving.

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the temp down in my 80cm X 80cm X 180cm (2.6ft X 2.6ft X 6ft) grow room.
its at 27C/80F with tent closed. Am keeping the tent open at the moment but would like to find a way to get it to the correct temperature closed.
Have recently bought LED 300 LED to replace a CFL 300w bulb as I thought this would solve the problem, & also have an air filter and few differing size fans but it hasn't helped.
Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated...;p
Air cooled hood ,600 dimmable ballest and a decent 6 inch extractor fan with ducting terminated outside should do it

I am put the cord of AC in a timmer. I used with the lights open now only 18 hours. The ac is nesesary now, out of tent the tempurature is 30 now. Inside 25-26 with ac, onder 10 plants.
20200510_125954.jpg20200510_130046.jpg
Those Timers are only rated for 600 watts. An 8000 BTU A/C uses 1200 watts while running & about 3000 watts for a second or two at start up. Could easily melt the Timer & start a FIRE.

Back
Top Bottom