How to cool tent in closet

The123321

I have a 32x32 tent in the closet with a 240 kingbrite led quantum board with 6" fan with filter for exhaust out of top of tent into closet with air pointing at the led driver to keep it cool. The intake vents are on the right and back of tent with only like 1-2 inches between tent and wall. The temperature outside tent is like 71f and inside the tent is like 79f and I want that down to like 73f in the tent.

There are no intake vents on front of tent and not enough room to run duct to sides or back of tent. I can leave an opening in zipper on front of tent with intake duct with a fan to run air from the room to tent. What do you think of that? I have an extra 6" clip on fan. I do not think that would move enough air to keep the temperature cool in the tent if I point that at the intake duct.

Would a $20 6" inline duct fan with 100cfm on it be more powerful than the 6 inch clip on fan? I would likely close the intake vents on back and side of tent and only have the duct in the opening in front zipper as the only intake vent to keep negative pressure in tent for odor control on it. I have thought about running the duct from the exhaust up and out of the closet to the room the closet is in but I like the idea of having that air from the exhaust to cool the led driver. What do you think. What would you recommend?

I have a 32x32 tent in the closet with a 240 kingbrite led quantum board with 6" fan with filter for exhaust out of top of tent into closet with air pointing at the led driver to keep it cool. The intake vents are on the right and back of tent with only like 1-2 inches between tent and wall. The temperature outside tent is like 71f and inside the tent is like 79f and I want that down to like 73f in the tent.

There are no intake vents on front of tent and not enough room to run duct to sides or back of tent. I can leave an opening in zipper on front of tent with intake duct with a fan to run air from the room to tent. What do you think of that? I have an extra 6" clip on fan. I do not think that would move enough air to keep the temperature cool in the tent if I point that at the intake duct.

Would a $20 6" inline duct fan with 100cfm on it be more powerful than the 6 inch clip on fan? I would likely close the intake vents on back and side of tent and only have the duct in the opening in front zipper as the only intake vent to keep negative pressure in tent for odor control on it. I have thought about running the duct from the exhaust up and out of the closet to the room the closet is in but I like the idea of having that air from the exhaust to cool the led driver. What do you think. What would you recommend?
Have you considered an ac unit in the room with the closet your growing in? That will keep the whole room cool and bring your tent temps down, how come a tent in the closet and not just out in the room?

Thanks. I do not want to pay that much for it. I do not really have room for the tent out of the closet on there.

lol... You could try the poor mans air conditioning, well more like air cooling, by making a box with a fan in it blowing over ice into an intake duct, That would bring the temps down some in the tent. :)

Air movement with fans and air conditioning. This is me extending my closet. I run an A.C in my window. This now measures 5x8. I cool the room air to a certain temp but then push and pull air from my main bedroom into this room. You just see it before I added the walls.
97537385_1173951072948132_888562281808396288_n.jpg

Air movement with fans and air conditioning. This is me extending my closet. I run an A.C in my window. This now measures 5x8. I cool the room air to a certain temp but then push and pull air from my main bedroom into this room. You just see it before I added the walls.
97537385_1173951072948132_888562281808396288_n.jpg
Lol... with a name like bubble buckets I though for sure you would have had a DWC system running! Still beautiful plants in soil/coco coir it looks like... are tho's QB lights?! :)

About the only cheap way I'd know to pull it off and squeak by is to be able to exchange enough air in the tent FROM a conditioned room. This also means the conditioned room your exchanging from maintains the desired temperature. Also, whatever room your pulling from probably doesn't have the home thermostat located there.
So... the thermostat cares less about the temps in the entire home EXCEPT where it's located. So you may have to run the thermostat down a few degrees lower to achieve this balance, because remember, your adding heat load into the room your drawing the cool air from, so you have to compensate.
Once you do, you can "balance" out your system. This simply involves adjusting each register whether it's floor or ceiling. So some vents you may have to restrict somewhat. This will also increase the static pressure in your supply ducts, effectively delivering more cfm to the room with the greatest heat load-where your tent is. Think of it like stealing from Peter to Pay Paul...
Good luck my friend!

Thanks. I have the temperature in the tent like 79-81f which I think would work for it on there.

A lot better than it would at 73F (IMHO). Maybe if you're growing some kind of strain that evolved or naturalized in a region that doesn't have Summer, it might be different. But even parts of Siberia see some 80F temperatures. If I have a plant that's looking like it's (negatively) affected by the temperature, and it's only in the mid-80s, my instinct is to check to see if it's, perhaps, not receiving enough light. Like... a cannabis plant might look a little peaked in that range if it's only being illuminated by a few CFLs - but stick it under a 600-watt HPS, lol, and it'll be a different story. They grow cannabis all over Africa, Central America, India... I don't recall reading that it's particularly cool in any of those places ;) .

We keep an 80 degree room when flowering, however, our rooms are sealed and we use Co2, bumping from 400 ish ppm to around 1100 ppm. With the added Co2 we can take advantage of the elevated temps. When your running off atmospheric numbers, I'd try to keep it under around 75 or so. The biggest concern I'd have is the root zone. Roots like to be chilling out somewhat, and an 80 deg root zone just shivers me timbers..
This said, I'm a hydro guy and that may be a lot different than other grow methods.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom