How To Cure Your Marijuana Crop

So, basically its possible to make any weed taste as fruity or citrusy as u want!
Ahh the experiments! :)
Thanks for the info people!
...Has anybody tried doing it/does it work with coffee?
I remember smoking some bud years ago that smelt, and tasted if i remember correctly, of coffee! I couldnt stop myself from sniffing the bag lol does anyone know of any strains that taste or smell of coffee?
Nuf respect
:peace:

I am using a shed for curing as it is my only option. I have heard that you shouldn't allow any light on your plants at this time. Is that right?

I also used a shed and a closet and I was told the shed dryed bud where better, I have a cabinette with two sections in the shed also, one with t5's the other with 6 led panels, I ran rope across with clothes pins and then hang and just open the cabinette door or drap a poly film from end to end to block the light. Then you do not dry till stem snaps like many think, you dry for a few days then I put in my curing jars vintage dark green with rubber seals and purp them every 12 hours they should be spongy if so then cure is working. At 1st the distink order might dissapate, but it wil come back.

For an experiment I flavored some using a very fast dunk in flavored extract with should be 35 percent alcohol for a true extract, and being that maybe effects tricome, they might meld a tiny bit,,,, well it worked amazing, I let dry then back to cure, so far so good. ha I used Rum extract.

Also you can make bud candy, if you dont mind eating it, you heat butter, then you swish the dryed cured bud quickly in the butter, then you dip in honey hang let dry, then after few days dip again, and you can redip for a few weeks dry till honey crackels, the honey seals the tricomes.

yes. light will decrease thc levels. its been proven.
buds should be dried in darkness w/ less than 60% humidty. 68 to 72 degress is optimal temps. a dehumidifier can control the humidity and an A/C will control the temp. if you dont have this option a fan can dry. but it can over dry too. just keep a close eye on your final product. you dont want to overdry and you cant have mold. a humistat is in expensive. and can keep informed of the temp and humidy where your drying. good luck. sully:peace:

i heard orange peels? how do i do that?
just leave them in the room with them? or stuff them in the dirt?

if i was growing ice what would work best for taste?

i heard orange peels? how do i do that?
just leave them in the room with them? or stuff them in the dirt?

if i was growing ice what would work best for taste?

Adding orange peels will likely give you mold.

I see people posting about using juice flavors before harvest. I am trying to wrap my head around this. :hmmmm:

Wouldn't the juice ferment and go sour in the plant while you dry it?

My nutes have bat guano and worm castings in it but I don't taste or smell it in my bud...
I also recently use molasses in my grow for the lil microbes but I don't taste or smell that in my bud...

I wonder, If I put blue food coloring in my water will my pistils turn blue?

Hmmmm! :hmmmm: The things I'll probably never do...

i know you can use food coloring to change it. but then again so many things hurt your plant fast and some things are hard to get your plant to recover

I've seen videos where the stems of cut flowers were placed in a solution containing a fluorescent or glow-in-the-dark dye and after a time the plants shone in the presence of a black light.

I would consider doing something like that to a cannabis plant a parlor-trick with no value. As for using something to change - notice I didn't use the word "enhance" - the flavor of cannabis... With probably 2000+ strains out there, you can grow the strain that has the flavor you like best anyway. Who'd want to pollute the scent/taste of good cannabis with an adulterant?

where to buy cheapest mason jars

Garage sales are the best places to get quart (and pint) mason jars. They're typically 10 cents a piece, or a case of 12 for a dollar.

I don't think I've ever seen a half gallon jar at a garage sale, and had to get mine new at the local True Value Hardware store. Wide mouth jars work much better than the regular mouth. Late summer is the best time to buy, as that's when retailers mark them down to move them out.

wanted to make bubble hash cant i just freeze the herband use it frozen undried seems a waste to dry it freeze it and then get it wet someone thanks:

You definitely want to drop you herb before making bubble hash. After drying it, you should then freez it, or not, as this will help to ensure that the tricromes remain firm. If you don't dry your herb, when it gets wet, it will become mushy and the tricromes will not dislodge from the buds well.additionally, you want to remove as much chlorophyll as possible as this will make the hash taste smoother. This is the case even if it remains at very cold temperatures as wet bud will clump. Dry first. You don't need to worry as much about curing as you will not be smoking the leaf matter.

they have dif flavored flushes for those who are worried about putting some juice in your very expensive crop. they can be found at your local hydro shop

ya! all the cure in the world wont help salty dry buds...... bud i like what your sayin. ya cant cure salt and tree branch, so all ya begin sinners need to learn what water, sugar and thc means, then practice on doin so. the ya can practice your curing technique.

Can someone share some advice for those on the opposite side of spectrum?
I have 35 rh @ 70F in my basement right now (even with furnace humidifier running), so what happens is the opposite - I dry them too little before jarring, so they seem to come out spongy - kinda like a handful of moss. Is that normal, and what should I do about it?

dry your buds til they have a crack to the exterior, then sweat them in a paperbag in a dark trash bag. they will and should go tackky sweaty sticky, paying close attn during this process burp the paper bag and surrounding dark plastic bag, re fold paper bag lid close and place big air bubble in large plastic bag twist close and repeat in 6 hours. each time pull a sample and smoke, this can bea done over 10- 14 days if patient . but if you have nice water content in your buds when cut you should have no prob with this time length. however salty buds are impossible to cure. may as well pushh em to hashy fuel taste with vomit cough and sufocating stoned, lol.. its killer dude i cant breath, lol.... but really, about the point, dry 4-5 days and and sweat and slow release moisture and gases.

Hi evryone!! My last harvest, i quik dried sum bud over a few days, it wasnt too bad.. I had buds at different stages of drying over the coming months. Now i hung most of my branches til dry then placed buds in jars sealed bags etc;, some i had on a fine mesh screen drying in dark room with fan circulating in say 20 dgrees celcius room temp.. Some of the buds i dried faster had a nice taste, strong smell and kikd in after u ripped one down.. But some bud i cured for weeks in jars altho was a much smoother smoke, didnt quite have the kik as some otha bud i dried faster.. Some ive just opened now is great, nice smell still and has good stone.. So im not sure if my plant had some buds at different maturity levels,which it may, cos lower branches strugled for light and werent as ready as the otha 80% of my girl, or if curing in jars or vacuum seald bags makes adifference, as ones in bag are better IMO. Thanks, Good luk and Happy Harvesting;)

Back
Top Bottom