How to fill out a scrog with uneven plant heights?

TheFertilizer

I've got these Panama x Malawi 100% sativas and three of them got 2x as tall as the rest. I've got them worked under the scrog, but the three shorter ones aren't even sticking up through the net yet. I want the canopy to be even, so I'm thinking I just need to keep the big ones trained under the net while I allow the smaller ones to grow up into it? I'm just worried that the growth from the three big ones will not train as I intend and will instead stretch up past the net.

IMG_20171008_151005.jpg
IMG_20171008_151000.jpg
IMG_20171008_150947.jpg

That scrog looks a tad too high matey. Raise the lower plants using a crate or books or what ever you can. Scrog probably works better with indica strain imo

I've got these Panama x Malawi 100% sativas and three of them got 2x as tall as the rest. I've got them worked under the scrog, but the three shorter ones aren't even sticking up through the net yet. I want the canopy to be even, so I'm thinking I just need to keep the big ones trained under the net while I allow the smaller ones to grow up into it? I'm just worried that the growth from the three big ones will not train as I intend and will instead stretch up past the net.

IMG_20171008_151005.jpg
IMG_20171008_151000.jpg
IMG_20171008_150947.jpg
Drop ur net dowm

Have u been training them for scrog ?

I FIM'd them all multiple times but the three in the back didn't seem to FIM right and only topped, I think that's why they're so much taller than the three in the front that started branching more.

I've got some 5 gallon buckets I can prop the lower 3 up on to to get it more even, but should I still bring the net down more?

Here's what they looked like before the net...

IMG_20171007_175419.jpg
IMG_20171007_175339.jpg

I FIM'd them all multiple times but the three in the back didn't seem to FIM right and only topped, I think that's why they're so much taller than the three in the front that started branching more.

I've got some 5 gallon buckets I can prop the lower 3 up on to to get it more even, but should I still bring the net down more?

IMG_20171007_175419.jpg
IMG_20171007_175339.jpg
After you fim or top you need to do LST on the girls. Get them to spread their slutty legs. Then the growth down low will receive light and grow. Those sats should be growing sideways . You net does still need to come down

After you fim or top you need to do LST on the girls. Get them to spread their slutty legs. Then the growth down low will receive light and grow. Those sats should be growing sideways . You net does still need to come down

Should it go down about half-way down the plant height? My only concern about doing that is that the main top of those plants is quite tall so it would keep the light above the rest of the canopy. I guess that's probably what you mean by not trained right though.

Maybe I should just wait 'til next time and just use the trellis to keep the canopy even and try to do an actual scrog later when I've properly trained. I wasn't really planning on scrogging until I saw how much taller the back row of plants was.

Bend them from where ever you can bro. Just be careful. The lower down you go the harder the stem. You don't wanna snap it. But bend that skinny fucker

Here's a male that I pulled out of my SCROG last week
420-magazine-mobile1287218489.jpg

My screen is heavy enough that the plant isn't really able to push through it, it's made of "wire" so it's better for controlling your plants and forcing them to bend like you want and control what path they follow, I don't really know that you can do that using net though, you can't really create enough resistance on the plant by the look of it

Here's a male that I pulled out of my SCROG last week
420-magazine-mobile1287218489.jpg

My screen is heavy enough that the plant isn't really able to push through it, it's made of "wire" so it's better for controlling your plants and forcing them to bend like you want and control what path they follow, I don't really know that you can do that using net though, you can't really create enough resistance on the plant by the look of it
A pity it was male. Got some awesome structure there bro

I managed to get the net lowered a little more, snapped one of the mainstems in the process... Whoops. Oh well I've supercropped enough to know it will be okay. *knocks on wood*

But yeah it's not like a screen there's not really enough resistance going on to try to squish the net down further. But I did manage to get the shorter plants into the nets a little bit. Trying to find something to prop them up with.

IMG_20171009_072848.jpg
IMG_20171009_072841.jpg
IMG_20171009_072854.jpg
IMG_20171009_072836.jpg

A pity it was male. Got some awesome structure there bro

All of them pretty much had the same structure, still a pity as he was def the most vigorous of all my plants through veg...so long as temps don't drop dramatically though over the next couple weeks he will not be wasted

All of them pretty much had the same structure, still a pity as he was def the most vigorous of all my plants through veg...so long as temps don't drop dramatically though over the next couple weeks he will not be wasted

Of course he was the most vigorous, it's always the male that's the most vigorous. The jerks :p

IMG_20171007_175419.jpg
IMG_20171007_175339.jpg
Utube super crop they perfect for super crop and scrog

I managed to get the net lowered a little more, snapped one of the mainstems in the process... Whoops. Oh well I've supercropped enough to know it will be okay. *knocks on wood*

But yeah it's not like a screen there's not really enough resistance going on to try to squish the net down further. But I did manage to get the shorter plants into the nets a little bit. Trying to find something to prop them up with.

IMG_20171009_072848.jpg
IMG_20171009_072841.jpg
IMG_20171009_072854.jpg
IMG_20171009_072836.jpg
That's looking alot better now. When I grow a Christmas tree style plant. I grab the top and bend it right down and all the lower growth on shoot to the top. It looks like its been topped. So bend from as low as you can and need to.
Fuck yeah boi. Let's grow some ganja .

Back
Top Bottom