How to get more dense & high quality buds outdoors

re: How to get more dense & high quality buds outdoors

Also try not to water your plants for a few days,led it get almost completely dry,then add Ice all around the staulk and mix the ice in the soil,then place in complete darkness for 24 or 72 hours(make sure to have a small fan during the darkness therapy)don't want mold are a late disease,i did this once or twice during the harvesting process.The ice forces the oils and resin from deep within the staulk to the surface of the buds,combined with extra darkness,the darkness cause the sugars in the buds to kick in to overdrive ,forcing the plant to realize the seasons comming to an end, and cause the plant produce 2 to 3xs as much tricombs or crystals.HAPPY GROWING..

This is all outdoors, I understand and see where your coming from with that advice. But it just don't apply to my grow, I'm outdoors and my trips to the girls are limited. They will.have to finish on there on in mid late October. I may try the harvesting in 1/3's if I have time. But the darkness and ice is out the question for this type of grow. Thanks though.

Here are 2 of the 3 that are already out. I'm waiting the cold weather we're having out before I put out the remaining clones. But it looks like im gonna have to go about hardening them a little different also. Only had one bleach so far, but that's still one to many. Here are pics of the bleached and healthy one.
20160402_125320.jpg

20160402_104250.jpg

Yep, but this not a cold bleach. That's a cold bleach here:

IMG_331710.JPG

As you can see they purple, sometimes even go black. Your type of bleach is most likely to change of soil.

Oops,i was under the impression the girls were local,or small backyard grow,good luck,ps.maybe buy some plastic clip on flowers,and clip them on the plants for fly overs..make sure the flower colors are similar to what's already out there.HAPPY GROWING..

The boutique harvesting technique,harvesting in sections,can still work, just wait 2 to 3 weeks in between,after you pull the ripest buds,so your not running back and forth attracting attention.waiting that long will assure you your buds will be ripe,if you can wait that long s the question?with all the nosey ass people around and fly overs,that would be to risky to try with all your plants,maybe try leaving one small plant out their to complete the harvesting technique,then compare the buds with the other plants,,you can decide for yourself,will next time be worth it,i assure you the plant that you leave out their and harvest in sections,will produce the same amount of buds that 2 of your plants you pull all at once, will produce combined.good luck.HAPPY GROWING.

Fly overs won't be an issue, no need for disguise. Plants are spread out, and There are more animals than people here. Deer and rabbit will be my biggest enemy, and goin in and out daily would make a few farmers suspicious. But I may try harvesting in sections with a couple though. I can make weekly trips out, maybe even twice a week if need be. I'm always hunting, gathering while I'm checking my plants anyways. Thanks for all the input though guys, I did luck up on a place I found for the rest of the plants. The soil is rich, full of worms, dark loamy soil. Good cover from animals and or people there also. I'm gonna put a few there in native soil and only give them extra nutrients when watered and see how they do there.

I figured it was from goin inside under lights to in full sun. It gets as low as 35° here @ night and full sun 70° during the day this time a year. This is the only plant that done anything, thus this plant gets more sun than all the other also. I didnt have time to harden these girls as long as I wanted, so I figured it was sun bleach. And waiting out the cold weather was referring to our crazy low night Temps we are still having. I've not seen any signs of cold burn on them yet, the coldest nights yet are coming this week so we shall see. I may have to cut more clones and start over of the weather don't permit with these.

Yep it makes sense, red wavelength is gonna fry any plant not used to it. That's why I start from seed outdoor.

I usually start from seed, but only have bagseed. Ive grown a few indoor bagseed over the winter. And found one strain in particular that I liked, grew fast, reall healthy, and good stron vigour. Let's say this strain survived my noob mistakes growing indoors, so it's bound to be pretty tough haha. Lots of resin also. So I tried my hand @ cloning and that worked out pretty well. So I'm using clones off the mother from my indoor plant. If all goes well, I should come out better than if I went with just bagseed outdoors again. Because I usually start 50 or so seedlings, loose 10% of them to nature. Then lose another say 50% in the fall when you start sexing them. Juse seemed better overall to go with the clones, I know how they grow, what they like and what kind of flowers they will produce. Don't get me wrong, I still popped a few seed just for the fact that it's usually a good surprise in the end. This being my first outdoor experience with clones, will that one that got fried recover and grow to its full potential now still? Or would I be better of pulling it, replacing it with another there and not waste the hole I broke my back digging and packing soil too?

It depends on the plant, but she will probably recover. It hurts yield though, cause these plants never grow to their potential.

Well... the initial heat didn't get them, but the last 3 nights with temps dropping into the teens did. One of them completely dead, and the others are in reall rough shape 2/3's of the way from the top. Looks like ill be starting back from square one, good thing i may a few clones for no absolute reason a couple weeks ago. There ready to be hardened and will replace the other girls just fine. But i did not see any purpling in the affected plants. They just wilted and turned dark green to black almost. My tomato plants that i couldn bring inside actually did turn black in the leaves. Dang it was cold last week. I should be good from here on though. No more expected cold weather. I think im more disipointed that it more than likely wiped out my moral (mushroom) patch this year than anything, weeds are easily replaced. But those suckers are only around 2-3 weeks out of the year.

That's a bummer, man. One of many things that can go wrong with clones I'll add. Get a small greenhouse, you know one of these portable ones if night temps are a problem.

Shouldn need anything from here on for them. I found a good spot with good soil i can just loosen and plant in. And ive popped some seeds, gonna throw a few of those put there. So i dont have to rely on just clones. Just hate those darn males.

Males are not a problem if you have space, once they show sex you pull them and that's that.

Here's a few picks for now.. I'm working on each strains profile, the small bud shots are from my SOMARI,from SOMA,just wanted to give you guys something to chew on..enjoy..HAPPY GROWING..
0423161304a.jpg
0423161303.jpg
0423161109c.jpg
0423161101a.jpg
0423161100.jpg
0422160841.jpg
0422160839a.jpg
0422160758.jpg
0422160840.jpg
0422160839.jpg
0422160841b.jpg
0422160830.jpg
0422160757.jpg
0417160946.jpg
0417160859.jpg
0417160827b.jpg
0417160830a.jpg
0415162222.jpg
0415162218.jpg
0415162228.jpg
0417160823.jpg
0415162155a.jpg
0415162200.jpg
0415162216a.jpg
0415162208a.jpg
0415162158.jpg
0415162154.jpg
0415162151a.jpg
0415162156.jpg
0415162204.jpg
0415161856.jpg
0407161646b1.jpg
04071616471.jpg

Hello,i was just browsing around,and noticed the coloration,i never heard about the bleach?but,i've grown some really good genetics, the center of all my seedlings are dark reddish,orange,or purple somtimes no color at all its usually the best indicas and hybrids,that have that dark purple, or reddish color and sativas have a light orange and light brown,in the center,atleast the seeds I've grown, and this is all coco coir and water only during the right time of season,so thay wernt cold,,I always felt the coloration represents the most top notch genetics,the seedling is so packed with exellent genetics and nutrients from itself,to me that's the best,i look for that coloration with all my Indicas,sativas, and hybrids,,that tells me I'm in for a fun ride, as long as it's healthy and GROWING,that means you have somthing special,from my experience,nice pic...HAPPY GROWING..

Been a while, i waited untill just a few weeks back to put out the remaining clones and seedlings. Everything worked out good this time around, there all flourishing as of 2 days ago. Only the mother that i went ahead and set out had a few burnt tips, the rest took off. Ive not had a chance to check the original 2 yet, but i fear the worst. Ill only go back to maybe add stuff to those holes, im thinking about filling those 2 spots with autos for a mid summer early harvest. Ive got some photos ill try to get them posted here in a few. Thanks for the advice guys, i cant wait to see how this strain does outside, indoors it made some fine frosty smoke.

Here's a few pics of my latest project..enjoy..
0515161827a.jpg
0515161803.jpg
0515161816d.jpg
0515161802c.jpg
0515161802b.jpg
0515161805b.jpg
0515161801.jpg
0515161758.jpg
0515161252a.jpg
0515161252c.jpg
0515161236a.jpg
0515161252.jpg
0515161235.jpg
0515161227.jpg
0515161228c.jpg
0515161222d.jpg
0515161224.jpg
0515161226b.jpg
AMNESIA HAZE flowering for 25 days,
0515161228.jpg
Amnesia haze raised bed technique.

U need about 70% soilest, 5% vermiculite/perlite
and 25% organics(compost, topsoil, etc)
Worm castings for vegging and fruit bat guano, seabird guano for flowering...
No fertilizing about 3weeks before harvest
Rain or filtered water for watering everyday if it's really hot...no tap water plenty of water every day
Mothballs and coffee grinds around plants, protects against animals...

Back
Top Bottom