How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

@Cultivator thank you again for your reply. When you get the book finished please let me know I will gladly purchase it. I love to support those that believe in what they love and want to share it. Have you heard of the book called Three a Light? From what I've seen of it it is quite the pictureestic book and simple to use. Maybe something to reference.

Ive tried Canna and found that it works great. but it is very expensive here for what it does. What is your reason not to use it? I believe that Ionic is available here I will have to take a run to my local store and see. I cant seem to find their website to get any info on it. The nuit I know that are available here are House and garden, Remo, CyCO, Canna, Advanced, Gaia, General Hydroponics, Optimum ( Which I tried.. MEH!) and Botanicare ( which I hear is really good) . This is why I thinking of taking the some of the best from all of them.

Over the last few months I have been slowly turning a spot in my basement for a grow room. My only issue with this is getting fresh air from outside into the room right now I have good airflow but its not from the outside. Due to it being winter cold here. I'm on the east coast of Canada, Once it gets warmer out I will be opening a few windows until then I cant do much. My light issue is fine atm I am using 2 x 300W Vipraspectra LED for veg. Once I turn to flower I will adding in 2 x315w CMH's. I do have a 1000W HPS/MH ballest and lights But it is very expensive to run. With those 4 lights I am still saving. LOL.

OK I will check that book out.

Canna is really crappy nutes, they used to be one of the big brands but they are getting less popular as they just arent as good and now theres so much more choice as times have moved on. I dont know who half those companies are but only way to find out is to try them.. i find mixing the best nutes and supplements from diff brands are best rather than following 1 feed chart for example.

Honest id run your 1000w hps, it will give you up to 1000g of weed off 1 light or 2lbs. Yes it costs a bit more but keep your feed schedule simple to cut costs, run as much light as poss. Those cheap LEDs are such a waste of time and money however if you switch to your 100w just remember plants will grow way faster and bigger. Sell a little of your buds to cover lighting costs. Im not encouraging you to break the law ofcourse :cool::eek:;):Namaste: I dont knbow what the laws are where you reside but selling an oz or 2 will cover electricity costs.

Good luck.

OK I will check that book out.

Canna is really crappy nutes, they used to be one of the big brands but they are getting less popular as they just arent as good and now theres so much more choice as times have moved on. I dont know who half those companies are but only way to find out is to try them.. i find mixing the best nutes and supplements from diff brands are best rather than following 1 feed chart for example.

Honest id run your 1000w hps, it will give you up to 1000g of weed off 1 light or 2lbs. Yes it costs a bit more but keep your feed schedule simple to cut costs, run as much light as poss. Those cheap LEDs are such a waste of time and money however if you switch to your 100w just remember plants will grow way faster and bigger. Sell a little of your buds to cover lighting costs. Im not encouraging you to break the law ofcourse :cool::eek:;):Namaste: I dont knbow what the laws are where you reside but selling an oz or 2 will cover electricity costs.

Good luck.

Thank you for the advice. I get that about Canna and am looking for a few of different boosters for flowering. I'll have to go to my local store and see what they recommend.

I'm just thinking about lights. I know what the 1000W does and yes it was about 3 lbs out of 8 plants. On that note Running 2x 315W and the 300W LED ( which will be tilted to get the buds on the bottom level. Those CMH are equivalent to 600W HPS So about 1200W just on the top. I'm not sure if you've used them before or not. I am torn as to what to use. LOL.

I hope you check out that book.

Hey Cult, do ever have a bad smell coming from the res after mixing all the nutes? Iv noticed the roots are going slightly brown in colour and the res doesn't smell great, but then I know the nutrients themselves don't smell good so I'm not sure. Im worried about root rot. Iv been adding in z7 to the mix and it definitely seems to be helping, the sludge doesn't stick to anything anymore so when I change the res a quick spray of water cleans it out whereas before I needed to scrub the res and wipe the pump to clean them.

I also spotted whiteflies in the brain bucket thats sitting inside the tent. They're not in the actually room or on any leaves. Only the brain bucket and a few dead ones floating around the res. I can't figure out how they got in. The brain bucket is sealed with a lid, the pots sit tight on the buckets and the res is closed over so the whole system is sealed. Iv checked and double checked the room and I can see any flies. I don't understand how they got in or where they are from. Never had issues with whiteflies before

Yeah something like that could work but when working on the scale he is and multiple runs with big pots that must be a lot of coco to remove without getting noticed. Would also love to see some of his electric wiring for these rooms in the UK.

I switch to bloom nutes a day or 2 before flip. It doesnt increase yield but it does finish plants faster 100%. Ive tried so many diff ways to feed and the schedule i have listed on page one of this thread is about as effective as it gets.

I've taken your advice and switched flowering nutes 1 day before flip. I had to substitute Atami Rootbastic for the Roots Accelurator and Atami Atazyme for Sensizyme. By the time I flip to 12/12, they have been in their final 20L airpots for a few weeks and I do not repot - therefore I cannot add the mycorrhizae as it is in small granule formula (as discussed not so soluble so I can't really add to feed). I have found a local liquid version though so will be adding this once a week until week 6 as you say you do now. Does that mean I should also be using the voodoo juice and Atazyme (sensizyme replacement) once a week until week 6?

I have been doing a lot of reading about mycorrhizae and some sources say there is no benefit in using it with mineral nutes (GH, AN, Atami etc). I have been following your grows and the root mass of your plants are the healthiest-looking and most beautiful I have seen in any plant grown in a pot. One cannot argue with your results, but I was wondering if you have ever heard this as a few people that I know have mentioned this too (i.e. mycorrhizae only really works with Bio nutes and not mineral-based nutes)?

Yeah something like that could work but when working on the scale he is and multiple runs with big pots that must be a lot of coco to remove without getting noticed. Would also love to see some of his electric wiring for these rooms in the UK.
I've taken your advice and switched flowering nutes 1 day before flip. I had to substitute Atami Rootbastic for the Roots Accelurator and Atami Atazyme for Sensizyme. By the time I flip to 12/12, they have been in their final 20L airpots for a few weeks and I do not repot - therefore I cannot add the mycorrhizae as it is in small granule formula (as discussed not so soluble so I can't really add to feed). I have found a local liquid version though so will be adding this once a week until week 6 as you say you do now. Does that mean I should also be using the voodoo juice and Atazyme (sensizyme replacement) once a week until week 6?

I have been doing a lot of reading about mycorrhizae and some sources say there is no benefit in using it with mineral nutes (GH, AN, Atami etc). I have been following your grows and the root mass of your plants are the healthiest-looking and most beautiful I have seen in any plant grown in a pot. One cannot argue with your results, but I was wondering if you have ever heard this as a few people that I know have mentioned this too (i.e. mycorrhizae only really works with Bio nutes and not mineral-based nutes)?

Use the atazyme every feed til end week 6 and use voodoo everyday first week or 2 of flower then just once every 7-10 days is fine.

Ive heard people say all sorts about mycorrhizae. For the longest time i never used it. Ive been using it maybe 4 or so years now. Ok so im not a horticulturist or a scientist, everything i do is learnt from trial and error. I do understand plants needs and whats going on with them but as to whether mycorrhizae is necessary for bottled nutes scientifically i dont have the answer but i will say this, when i use mycos the roots of the plants are stong and vibrant. When i dont use it the roots arw no where near as strong and healthy, not even close, theres a massive difference between using it and not using it. Healty strong roots are the foundation to any strong plant. If you have weak roots how can you expect the plant to absort enough nutes to maklarge healthy plants. All my plants get mycos no matter what type of set up they are in.

Yeah i pay for elec. I cant promote illegal activity on here mate.

I dont reusue the coco as its a pain in the arse to clean but its def better to reuse it and infact its better 2nd time around. However i bag it up and it goes in peoples compost piles, allotments and gardens mostly. Its hard work getting it in and out but thats how i have done it for years.

Use the atazyme every feed til end week 6 and use voodoo everyday first week or 2 of flower then just once every 7-10 days is fine.

Ive heard people say all sorts about mycorrhizae. For the longest time i never used it. Ive been using it maybe 4 or so years now. Ok so im not a horticulturist or a scientist, everything i do is learnt from trial and error. I do understand plants needs and whats going on with them but as to whether mycorrhizae is necessary for bottled nutes scientifically i dont have the answer but i will say this, when i use mycos the roots of the plants are stong and vibrant. When i dont use it the roots arw no where near as strong and healthy, not even close, theres a massive difference between using it and not using it. Healty strong roots are the foundation to any strong plant. If you have weak roots how can you expect the plant to absort enough nutes to maklarge healthy plants. All my plants get mycos no matter what type of set up they are in.

I dont reusue the coco as its a pain in the arse to clean but its def better to reuse it and infact its better 2nd time around. However i bag it up and it goes in peoples compost piles, allotments and gardens mostly. Its hard work getting it in and out but thats how i have done it for years.

Thanks,

Do you install your own electrics or have people come in? Got any pictures of the light board and Consumer units etc..

Do you install your own electrics or have people come in? Got any pictures of the light board and Consumer units etc..[/QUOTE]

i have an electrician that works for me full time. I dont mess with the electrics as i dont know what im doing and i dont want to burn anywhere down or hurt anyone. I have to be careful what i show in regards to electricity for several reasons but no1 is safety, i dont want anyone trying to copy it who doesnt know what they are doing as it can kill. But i will put a picture up of a board soon.

Hey everyone im sorry about the lack of activity this month. I have problem with internet at the moment, i dont have a broadband connection and i cant access 420 off my mobile phone. Im working on resolving the connection then i will be back. In the mean time i will jump on when i can. Should be sorted in a couple of weeks.

I am building a studio in my house and im going to do a podcast. I will interview diff people and show grows and all stuff related to growing. Its going to be great. The biggest issue i actually have is where my American and Canadian friends can understand what im talking about lol. My accent is really weird with having a strong geordie accent and then living in spain and with the amount of travel i do i speak gibberish haha. I was listening to my vouce earlier and it poses some challenges for a radio show lol but i wiĺl figure it out.

I will let you aĺl have more details soon once i get my fibre broadband set up. I only see messages and stuff if i go out where theres wifi, im not just being ignorant.

Have you heard of the book called Three a Light? From what I've seen of it it is quite the pictureestic book and simple to use. Maybe something to reference.

I have not seen the book as I would prefer to put money towards grow supplies rather than a pretty coffee table book. After speaking with ppl who have seen it, I understand that (apart from ideal growing conditions) the "secret" is Shwazzing which is another name for severe de-leafing. The author de-leafs severely just before switch to 12/12 and again 2.5-3 weeks into flower. That way bottom buds get more light and therefore larger resulting in increase yields. I use LEDs so remove all but top 3-4 nodes to get max light to the canopy. HPS lights have a better penetration so exposing bottom buds will increase yields. Any de-leafing or lollipoping technique will increase bud size in indoor grows if done carefully so I don't think this book is contributing anything new. If anyone has it and can tell me otherwise, I would love to be proved wrong.

I will hold out for any book Cultivator intends on publishing as he has proven results and answers questions in a prompt and polite manner. Good luck with the studio, podcast and future plans Cultivator!

I have not seen the book as I would prefer to put money towards grow supplies rather than a pretty coffee table book. After speaking with ppl who have seen it, I understand that (apart from ideal growing conditions) the "secret" is Shwazzing which is another name for severe de-leafing. The author de-leafs severely just before switch to 12/12 and again 2.5-3 weeks into flower. That way bottom buds get more light and therefore larger resulting in increase yields. I use LEDs so remove all but top 3-4 nodes to get max light to the canopy. HPS lights have a better penetration so exposing bottom buds will increase yields. Any de-
leafing or lollipoping technique will increase bud size in indoor grows if done carefully so I don't think this book is contributing anything new.
If anyone has it and can tell me otherwise, I would love to be proved wrong.

I will hold out for any book Cultivator intends on publishing as he has proven results and answers questions in a prompt and polite manner. Good luck with the studio, podcast and future plans Cultivator!

I Agree with you. I usually do the same thing when I switch over. Open up the space between the nodes to open up to air. Its really nothing new imo. And yes 500 is a shit ton of $ for a book. MInd you I have cookbooks that are worth that much. But thats more for my career.

Back
Top Bottom