How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

Update: Day 33 for the Blackberry Gum Auto

I watering 2 times a Day and she Love it!

IMG_20180828_193139003.jpg
IMG_20180828_193539200.jpg
IMG_20180828_193612766.jpg

Hi - New member/grower. This thread is amazing. I think I have read it back to front 10 times. I am running a modified schedule based on the recommendations here. I have run into some issues though and was hoping for a bit of help. I have a probably dumb question but am confused about PPM/EC. Where Cult (for example) says 700 PPM, should that be adjusted based on the nutrient brand? I am using AN Sensi Coco because I can't get Ionic Coco Bloom. Since AN uses the 700 PPM scale, and my meter uses the 500 PPM scale, should I be measuring to 500 PPM instead of 700? Happy growing!

First off I wish i would have found this thread earlier, but it is what it is. I would like to thank the Cultivator for sharing his knowledge. This is my first grow, I have made a few mistakes, but i have recovered quickly on them. I was reading everyone's posts and took the advice of mixing my nutes at 1/2 strength , around 550 to 600 PPMs . The last mistake was mixing my nutes a little to hot. I am using Advanced Nutrients Sensi cococ A&B, My ppms were at 735. This gave me a little nute burn. Then i found this thread Ugh........ day late dollar short. lol.

I was watering my girls every other day. I have read what the Cultivator advises, and realize he make a good point. I have decided to follow his advice, and water daily. I know its late in my game being in week 7 of flower, but im looking to increase my buds any way i can.
This is my grow situation. I am growing 2 sour diesels, and 1 dutch compassion cbd lime.

I am in a 4x4 tent
315 Watt CMH light
635 cfm exhaust with carbon filter
Using a temp controller to keep temp at 73 degrees cycling the blower on and off
My plants are in 5 gallon cloth pots

I mix per gallon and water by Hand with Advanced Nutrients
6ml of sensi coco part A
6ml of sensi coco part B
2ml of B52
2ml of Overdrive
giving me 490 ppm and 988 ec.
I seen from the Cultivators feed schedule, that he dropped adding Calmag so i taking that chance in my feed schedule also.

My Buds seem kinda small, but I am new so im not sure. Here are a few pics.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20181111_122942.jpg
    20181111_122942.jpg
    663.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 20181113_125030.jpg
    20181113_125030.jpg
    617.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 20181113_125119.jpg
    20181113_125119.jpg
    686.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 20181113_135757.jpg
    20181113_135757.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 199
  • 20181113_135804.jpg
    20181113_135804.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 218
  • 20181113_135817.jpg
    20181113_135817.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 208
Rest easy, they still look like they have a few weeks to go yet. They will still pack on additional bulk and density. Water/feed daily and continue your feed around where it's at and they should do well for you.

I've been reading this thread. i'm currently on page 20. lots of amazing info for a first time grower like myself. I didn't want to ask any questions until i finished all 65 pages lol. but...

I have a grow going about 6 weeks now. rough start but everyone is looking pretty good now. I've been using the pH tester every time and have the pH down and understand why it's important. BUT!

I have not been using an ec tester. I just ordered one and it'll be here in probably a couple weeks because i'm in northern canada. what i'm wondering is how are my plants not dead? testing ec seems to be the most common topic in this entire thread so far lol. i was over nuting at the start of course as most new growers probably do. but using fox farm trio and cal mag plus i started giving 2ml grow big, 2 table spoons of big bloom and 2ml of cal mag per gallon. then i pH down to 5.8 and water every day at lights on. little bit of run off.

my other question is when i get my ec tester what in my mixing process will change? how will the amounts of nutes differ?

id only be guessing without ppm values. just increase by 0.2ml at a time to be safe.

Old post i know. But how does a person measure 0.2ml? LMAO

Old post i know. But how does a person measure 0.2ml? LMAO
I don't think you'll be making adjustments that small, as long as you have a general idea of how much each addition adds you can go from there.

Jeez i just realized that there's a fox farm grow big for hydro and i got the regular one.
Does anyone know what i should do? should i stop using it all together, or use less or more?

I notice the pH of my solution goes back up pretty quick after i ad the pH down. It makes me wonder, does the pH rise as fast after it's been in the coco?

I notice the pH of my solution goes back up pretty quick after i ad the pH down. It makes me wonder, does the pH rise as fast after it's been in the coco?

I run DTW because I tried very early in cannabis growing recirculation through coco and it screwed my plants. The EC remained about the same but the pH would be completely out of line.
Even running DTW when I check my rinsate after the nights 4 cycles the EC is the same but the pH rises well above the limits.
It is for this reason I do not reuse the waste water.

It has taken me a full week, but I have read every post on this amazing thread. Thank you @Cultivator for the valuable information. I have been using pro mix hp for the last two years and will be switching to straight coco going forward. I appreciate you and the other folks that have contributed to this thread. Keep up the hard work and thank you for sharing.
What I have gained from this thread:
Environment is the main key to success
Ph and ec meters are essential
Never let your plants sit in their runoff and more importantly, feed enough for 24 hr without runoff everyday.
And the last thing is your amazing feed schedule that makes total sense.
There are 100’s of other great nuggets in this thread.

Hello , I am beginning to learn that if my plants are nice and green and growing don`t mess with them just keep doing what your doing , electronics and technology are great but they don't even come close to telling you what is going on as to what the plants will tell you , leaves, growth ,roots just because a meter says it's to high of a reading doesn't mean crap.To me they are more of a guide line than the rule, every plant needs something a little different .I have 2 of the very same breed and started the exact same time in the same Coco mix and one of my plants likes a ph of 5.8 and the other needs 6.0 or I have twisting and the growth stops .Some people like to eat liver &onions for supper ,I hate the shit but we are all human -lol .

finally finished reading through the tread. very, very helpful for me regarding feeding and ppm values. will remain bookmarked for the future reference.

Thanks Mr. Cultivator....

Back
Top Bottom