Could this be how Thai Stick was grown?

• Yes

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
yup ^^^ alot of GI's were bringing tons of that stuff back to the states. I even heard of some cases where there were fake coffins on board the supply planes and instead of bodies if was drugs inside.

I missed out on the Buddha Thai my brother brought back from the PI. My friend and I got to the party late and my bro and his friends were there, but gone. Way gone.

well i do rember when a joint was a dollar but by the time i started to smoke(1980)the thi stick was just gone and we had the lower end of the bud but it was the stuff of legend's.also if you roll a joint and take it and gently place it at buding cite along a branch slowly turning the joint as the plant grows the tri-crome's will stick to the papper makeing it sticky with rez and sweat with flavor i think i read of this idea while looking into the grower soma i tried it and it worked

Man this is right on!! I always thought that thai stix was the best ever. Back in the early 70s the US at least on the west coast didn't have great pot. But now, the best is all over the world. Sure would like to compare now to then, as far as thai stix goes. great job Recruiter!!

I think they grow Thai Stick from a special seed... the plant grows looking just like you buy it..only its been cured... Right??

Special seed? Thai sativa. That's special.

Ah Tia stick...I had a few sticks back in 1978, I got them on a Saturday morning around 9 am and had my first pilots lesson at 10 am...Can you imagine the ride I had! I could not resit and lit a couple bong hits before headed to the air field. The pilot after a 30 minute flight gave me the controls to get the feel for the pedals and steering. A memory I will never forget...Enjoyed every second in the air being ripped....

Ah Tia stick...I had a few sticks back in 1978, I got them on a Saturday morning around 9 am and had my first pilots lesson at 10 am...Can you imagine the ride I had! I could not resit and lit a couple bong hits before headed to the air field. The pilot after a 30 minute flight gave me the controls to get the feel for the pedals and steering. A memory I will never forget...Enjoyed every second in the air being ripped....

Next time your piloting Flight #420 from any airport.....let me know, I'll reserve a first class seat!

My 'xperience has not been written here, so I'll fill ya all in. '79-'80 left coast canada, 'bout a six inch length of bamboo surrounded with cut bud, 3/8" diameter. Probably some leaf too, and wrapped with nylon fishin' line. And wrapped in such a way that it was dun wit a machine, too even and symmetrical to be dun by hand. Finally, it was LIGHTLY covered wit cannabis oil. No stems no seeds no fertiliser residue no shit. Never saw it again, don't care. It taught me wot gud cannabis is. The man offered it to me out of the blue for fifteen $, said it was Thai stick, who cares where it cums frum or wot it's called. It worked!

I am from Thailand, and we ve old book about how we do our stick. I am not too sure how or where it originated but some of it did grew here.

The book wrote about how the mountain people grew it, their technique to prevent hermie and male plant from pollinate to the female. Which include training, trimming, snapping, right nutrient at the right time, drying plant out basically the same as the present technique.

i am trying to locate this book and if i find it i ll translate some of the essential part for you guys.

Quotes from member "Skysoldier"..... Thai sticks originated in Thailand, but they were also made in Vietnam.

I bought these Thai sticks in a small village called Bong Son, in the central highlands of Vietnam.

Back behind the bar was about an acre of rice paddies. They grew pot plants that were about six feet tall, stripping off the bottom until they had a tree full of buds on the top They had little catwalks in between the plants, made of bamboo.

When you ordered a stick, this little Vietnamese girl would take a sliver of bamboo about 1/8th of an inch thick and six inches long and walk out on the catwalk.

She would first go up to one plant, scrape the stem and pull off a long fiber of hemp.She would take the edge of the knife blade and scrape the six foot long fiber, then wrap it around the bottom of the stick.

She would then go through the field, picking the best buds and wrapping them to the stick an pulling them off. When she was done, she brought you back a stick of the best buds in the fucking world!

The sticks were wrapped so tight that if you dried them out, you could pull out the bamboo center and then smoke them....no papers needed.

Of course, as they burned, big buds would fall off and there was a lot of waste. But what the fuck, it was Vietnam and they only cost about a dollar in MPC. (Military Payment Certificates.....it was like play money!)

Now, what you have to realize is that back then, Thai sticks were of the quality of the best Diesel today. Most of the pot in the states back then was shit weed, and occasionally some good Acupulco Gold from Mexico.

Nobody back here had anything that good....they never heard of sensimilla!

It took American growers twenty years to grow anything as good as those Thai Sticks in 1971!

Hope that answers your question!
I got a thai stick x olivers dream its Pakistani landrace and wanting more info on its natural environment? Could you help me out?

Quotes from member "Skysoldier"..... Thai sticks originated in Thailand, but they were also made in Vietnam.

I bought these Thai sticks in a small village called Bong Son, in the central highlands of Vietnam.

Back behind the bar was about an acre of rice paddies. They grew pot plants that were about six feet tall, stripping off the bottom until they had a tree full of buds on the top They had little catwalks in between the plants, made of bamboo.

When you ordered a stick, this little Vietnamese girl would take a sliver of bamboo about 1/8th of an inch thick and six inches long and walk out on the catwalk.

She would first go up to one plant, scrape the stem and pull off a long fiber of hemp.She would take the edge of the knife blade and scrape the six foot long fiber, then wrap it around the bottom of the stick.

She would then go through the field, picking the best buds and wrapping them to the stick an pulling them off. When she was done, she brought you back a stick of the best buds in the fucking world!

The sticks were wrapped so tight that if you dried them out, you could pull out the bamboo center and then smoke them....no papers needed.

Of course, as they burned, big buds would fall off and there was a lot of waste. But what the fuck, it was Vietnam and they only cost about a dollar in MPC. (Military Payment Certificates.....it was like play money!)

Now, what you have to realize is that back then, Thai sticks were of the quality of the best Diesel today. Most of the pot in the states back then was shit weed, and occasionally some good Acupulco Gold from Mexico.

It took American growers twenty years to grow anything as good as those Thai Sticks in 1971!

Hi in got a olivers dream that's Pakistani landrace x Thai stick and wanting to know it's natural environment? Could you hello me out?

It doesn’t have one. It’s a hybrid creation. Thailand and Pakistan are completely different places with mostly very different environments and very different plant genetics. But I’ll google the strain.

Edit. Can’t find any mention of it.

Yes its a buddys strain he had a guy fem some bit i got regs i want to say guerilla growers. Hope this helps.

20210222_153724.jpg

20210222_153731.jpg

20210222_153721.jpg

Pakistani Landrace
Are the last two the Pakistani?

Just looking at the first pictures of the hybrid, it looks like any number of hybrid strains i have grown which lean slightly towards sativa and take 10 weeks or so to finish flowering. They tend to take slightly less nutrients than the heavy Indica strains, and grow taller. Not seeing anything there that looks especially difficult to grow. But I assume for that sort of information you could ask your friend.

But I’m not sure this answers your original question. What are you trying to find out?
wanting more info on its natural environment

I’ve been to Pakistan a tiny little bit, but only one small part of it which was absolute desert country and very dry and hot (I was actually riding a camel most of that trip). Pakistan has a few different climates but overall I think is fairly dry and rocky.

And I spent lots of time in Thailand which also has a few different climates. Mostly pretty steamy and hot- with a drier more rocky zone in the Northeast, and a lot of coastal action down south.

Kind of hard to put in a nutshell but I guess those are the roots of your strain’s natural environments. In theory.
Wise not to put very much faith in strain names and claims of being ‘landrace’.

I assume that you are more worried about how it relates to your personal grow though.

The thing about Thai sticks that simply hasn't been remotely duplicated by growers today that (this really confuses me) nobody seems to get was the taste. YES the high was fantastic but the smell and taste was a fingerprint for Thai. When you took one smell or pull, you knew it was Thai and nothing else in my 50 years of getting high is anything like it

I think I have found out how those tricky Asians several decades back managed to grow the best ( as reported by many people ) weed. I sat in deep thought for a while roaming my cranial realm when I thought of an awesome way to grow some dank buds that would get me higher then the sky. Then I realized that this may be how to grow some Thai Stick. That would be wonderful! So now I am coming here, to you, the general population of 420 Magazine to see if you agree that this could be the way to grow Thai Stick. Below in 3 easy steps I will show you how I think it was done.

1. Grow a Scrog for access to the bud's on top. Outdoors for my method will probably be best.
9590March_07_31_cin_scrog_2.jpg

2. Have hash ready. This part will probably work better if the hash is made from the same strain or a clone of the same plant. Oh yeah, a lot of hash might be needed, not sure because I have never done this, it is only an idea.

3. When buds are starting to look really nice apply hash to the buds ( I'm not sure how yet, you guys help me out ). EDIT: Maybe cannabutter would work?

Ok so here is how I think the Thai Stick buds were so potent. I think that when the plants were getting close to ready for harvest that hash would be applied to the buds and it would set in the sun melting the hash to the weed making for super potent product.

What do you think, could this be how they did it?
Thai weed back in the day was maybe 12% THC, adding hash to growing plants sounds as if you might have too much hash and free time burning a hole in your brain pan

Back
Top Bottom