How To Grow With LEDs

this is what i have 288 x 3w= 864wats

You my harvest more weight with HPS but you will get more potent buds with LED so it's the quantity vs. quality debate which is more important ?
I grow with California Light Works Solar Storm Lights they are a five spectrum 5 watt they consume 320 watts during the veg cycle and have UVB to enhance tric production
IMG_083516.JPG
IMG_075421.JPG
IMG_075719.JPG
IMG_075616.JPG

Scotty is two weeks ahead but less weight using 3w panel. After 3/4 flower cycles he would be a grow in front, the hps would need to be getting a lot of extra weight for it to be productive. It's not even debatable now, led panels (esp 5w panel) are getting for first time growers around a .8g/w and more seasoned growers are hitting 1/1. The price now is affordable for all types of budgets with different company's to suite. Heating and power were the reasons for LEDs to be needed and aren't we lucky that a bi product was a higher quality med quicker grow time and years of growing without replacement. Stoned and blabbering peace all

Now Imagine having an LED light where you set it at one height and then you flip a switch during clone/seedling stage and Bamm your LED diodes are running all spectrum's at a lower capacity(this is similar to the final flowering stage just at a less intense capacity mainly because for clones or seedlings they need that full spectrum but just not at full intensity)
...then when the plants are ready for a different spectrum(like more blue)...Baam! hit the veggie switch and your plants grow grow grow!
...then when your ready or your plants are ready(I say this become some people force their plants into flowering when the plants reach a desired height). switch another switch and ....Baam! Less blue and now your Red spectrum kicks into high gear to focus plant growth on creating buds and making them huge for bigger yields.
...Finally after your through the pre-flowering stage switch another switch and ....Baam! Your light is running 100% full capacity for that insane final flower stage boost utilizing 100% of the LED diodes.

If I remember correctly, the Lumigrow units have those features: veg/flower switch + dimmer control. They also have a regular light bulb in there so you can work in your grow room without going blind! LOL I'm surprised other companies haven't ripped off the dimmer control idea. I wonder if you could just connect a fan speed controller to an LED panel as a dimmer control? Or is that just retarded? LOL

im scotty and im doing 4 under led a 4 under 400 hps to compare check out my journal a couple of days to go and chopin time on the led plants they are ready the hps are going to take 1-2 weeks more and i think they will yield more we shall see

I have a question. What is the name brand of the LED light your using. How many watts? are they 1 watt, 3 watt or 5 watt LED's?

its an 288 3watt

Could somebody give me some advice based in experience for hanging distance for the 1200w?
Your plants looking monster Harley!!!

Hey Hiddenkoncept, I dont have any hard won experiance as of yet. :) soon though Im running a 1200 and put simply ill be whacking it up right in the heavens of my tent. The strength on such a big light should command as much distance as you can muster at the start. Then with experience etc Ill simply adjust if needed :)
Sorry I cant aid more!!

Hey thanks for the help my friend, all advice is welcome. I currently have my lights placed 72" about top of my bucket, thinking I'm going to lower the lights to keep them Steady 46" above

Could somebody give me some advice based in experience for hanging distance for the 1200w?
Your plants looking monster Harley!!!

Thanks Hidden I hang my 400's no closer than 24" and have had them at 48" there doesn't seem to be much difference in the way the plants grow my 5 watt LEDS put out enough intense light that I can set them and let the plants grow into them much the same as Lon 705 and Big Irish Dude. Hope this helps :peace::thumb::circle-of-love:

I see, I have the 1200 x 5w so it's good to know that the plants still thrive when light is raised.
BID the main reason I got TOPLED
Proof that sponsorship works!

There are so many journals you can follow in the journal section.
Mine using TOPLED in my sig

I've been following a number of grows with LED's and also people using Doc Bud's High Brix grow method.

After a number of years of growing a certain way, looks like I'm in for a bunch of changes in the near future. Can't think of anything more fun than growing great herb! I may be an old dog, but I'm always up for new tricks!

Yeah we'll when I first started thinking about growing 2-3 years ago LED wasn't even an option!well they were but people had nothing but bad to say about them.
Then I came across buckshots journal with TOPLED and budmasters grow lights and I quickly jumped on the bandwagon.
Have fun learning new tricks old timer haha

The greatest energy source for human civilization today is fossil fuels, which we humans need to conserve and use it efficiently as their supply is limited and they will eventually run out. About three-quarters of the electricity generated come from power stations fueled by fossil. Studies have shown that the cost of electricity, mainly from using incandescent bulbs, uses up nearly 25% of the average home's energy budget. Hence, there is a need to switch to LED lighting solutions! Commercial LED lighting has been proven to be cheaper, more energy-efficient, and safer than other alternative forms of lighting. Also known as LED lighting, this form of lighting has many benefits for the environment, as well as your home or business.

Two 900s! Thats a nice amount of lights for your first grow!
Good luck my friend, I'm on my first grow too

Back
Top Bottom