How to hang my fan in my grow room

teamgilly

i have a hydrohut and i bought a 4 inch blower and a cabon filter to go with it. What would be the proper way to hang it? can anyone direct me to any pictures?

i am having alot of trouble hanging my fan. i know its not suppose to be that difficult but its my first time and i am kinda makeing a mess of it. here are some pics. if anyone can direct me to some pics so i can see how its suppose to be done id appreceiate it also another question
When running a carbon filter and exhaust fan. can i connect ducting from my
fan--> to my air cooled light-->to my carbon filter? so the air basicly goes through the filter then past the light then into the fan and out the grow room?
IMG]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/0663.jpg[/IMG]
0655.jpg

0639.jpg

06115.jpg

I just found your question about hanging the fan, Filter and ventilation.

I hope you found the answer because I have the same question.

I have a Secret Jardin dr 80 tent and I am ready to order the ballast, reflector fan and filter. The tent is in my attic and I live in a colder climate.

I plan on ordering a lumatek 250 ballast with an air cooled reflector, 4' can fan and filter.

1. Can I use one fan by connect the ducting to the light and then to the filter so that the fan can pull the air through the filter, then the light and out of the tent?

:thanks:

what's the temp in your attic?
Im asking because if you have an air cooled light (at 250w) AND live in a cold climate, you might have low heat troubles from the start.

ChicagoJoe, thanks for the reply.
The outside temp can get as low as 20 degrees. I plan on venting the exhaust air into the attic so they attic will be warmer but I think the attic temp will be cold (40's) for they next few months.
I was hoping the heat from the light would be hot enough to heat the tent in the winter months.
I think it would probably be best to not vent the light until I need to control the heat from the sping/summer months.
I think I will not vent the light out the tent until it becomes too hot.
The next question?
1. Should I buy a air cooled light and not vent at this time. Can I use a air cooled reflector with the glass insert without venting until it needs venting? I guess I need to know should I buy an air cooled reflector with the built in ports or a regular reflector that can be modified later to an air cooled option.
Thanks

Looking good. If that fan has the plates to screw on it to hang, I'd attach them and then sandwich that bracket in between the cross rods on the tent. It looks like you got the filter all right. Yeah you could attach ducting to the filter then to the hood then to the fan and out of the tent. I have it set up that way. Look at this for ideas My First Grow - Bubbleicious in Deep Water Culture

Try it without hooking the ducting up to the hood and see what the temps are before you set the light up air-cooled.

You may need the heat from the light to warm up your tent.

If it gets too hot, which I doubt it will with a 250w, then you can use the glass and seal the hood and duct it.

If you don't need air cooling now, you may need it in summer.

Back
Top Bottom