How To Have A Higher Male/Female Seed Ratio

KindOfBud

Hey Guys so i have been sick of have to cut out male cuz of them dam seeds but i did some very simple experimenting and got a (25%/75%) Male to Female ratio with some bag seed!

How I accomplished This was To have a Mother Plant Finish her Last 2-4 weeks of budding in a Separate 12/12 Sexing/Veg Room with the seedlings and as soon as they pop out of the ground I stated to shake pollen off from the mother Plant directly on to the seeds every day for a 2-4 week "Pollen Bath" Usually lasting less than a minute each application of female pollen!

As I Try and Perfect This New Technique the Higher success Rate I can Achieve!

Have Fun with this People and let me know About your Success Rate Because I AM VERY INTERESTED In Comparing different Ratios and Success Rates :peace:

I Never Took Biology Haha I didnt need to But i know if u Have a Big Male next to A Female It will ruin everything so Just Put A Female Next to unknown sex Strains to avoid all that and get some more females n to my Surprise it worked!

Get feminized seeds to get female. Regular seed will always have male/female ratio and it does not have to be 50/50. The genetic to be male/female is already encoded in the seed during the making on the mother plant. Anything we do after to change the ratio is still unproven. If you let your mother plant flower longer they may produce pollen sack, use those to self pollinate to get feminized seeds that way you're not stressed on having male plants around the budding females.

the only way a female plant will produce ANY pollen is if its a hermaphrodite. any seeds that develop will be female but will have that unstable hermie gene (this is BAD). you CANNOT change the sex of a plant by sprinkling pollen or any thing on it, unless you have powers beyond us mortals. most breeders use colloidal silver applied to the buds to create female seeds that are stable. good luck!

Yea T12 the mother has pollen sack n i cut into them to release pollen on to the Seedling ill post a pick tomorrow...So U Really Cant do anything after the genetic code cuz i always got 50/50 of bag seed and this time after i messed with them i got a better ratio...But Next Time Ill just Get Female Seeds and Save all that Work on something More Important Like a Better Environment for My Plants:thumb:
Thanks For All The Quick Reply Guys!

002791.JPG

Here's A Pic Of My Bag Seed day 23 (8 Females In a 5gal Bucket)
"Strait In to 12/12" With a 150w Hps as Lighting!

Back
Top Bottom