How To Hydrate Your Bud - Pictures

I'm doing this right now with some banana peels.

When my oranges get here I'm gonna put another 8th in a jar with those peels.

My friend was taking good KB and putting a few orange peels in the bag. The weed would get a orangey smell, and then he'd sell it as a special breed of marijuana. He'd of course take the peels out afterward...I don't remember what he was calling it but.. lol... people would buy it! :joint: :yikes:

So, this doesn't hurt the potency of the pot at all? because this seems like a good idea. hopefully not too good to be true

:laughtwo:

I guess I'm backwards.... I purposely make my pot dry as a bone. I hate moist weed!!

Dry bud is horrible so is wet bud, you need to find the healthy medium, Which is why I cure, But yeah with dry weed thc is knocked off easier then paris hilton at a sleaze bag convention.

well yeah ill try to answer the strawberry question. when i do it i just peel alittle and add that. the whole thing has too much moisture.

Not a big deal, but i should mention that you really should use something besides aluminum foil. Alot of studies show that aluminum on food or weed (ghetto bongs or this moisture method) is linked to alzheimers. I've worked in hospitals and had patients with alzheimers ate the age of 40 so it isnt just for old farts. Like i said not a big deal really, but theres alot of other stuff you can use.

I did the hydrating with orange peels and a g of diesel. left it over night and it worked! i rolled it up i a joint but the only problem was i didnt let the weed dry out enough because the papers burned faster than my weed did! but luckily i busted out my trusty pipe. got really high. thanks for the tips im gonna do this like all the time.

thanks for the tip purplemonkey, ill have to try that, i got plenty of oranges and bud, so there ya go.

WOw, I completely forgot I even created this thread!!!! MOst of these questions were asked months ago, but I'll answer them anyway.
Dry weed is good for certain purposes; creating a tincture works better if your weed is BONE DRY. I also have an easier time iwth my vaporizor if my weed is a little dried out. But for bongs and pipes, I enjoy moist, full bodied weed. Adding an orange peel (Or cherry, strawberry, etc) enahnces your weed in a variety of ways. First, it adds a deliscious flavor. You know how nice your weed tastes now? Well imagine if it has a hint of orange. Or a hint of berry. If your weed is already berry tasting, ENHANCE that berry flavor with a differnt type of berry. It just makes it taste better. It also makes it SMELL absolutely intoxicating. Finaly, it adds a bit of density to the smoke. When I flavor my weed like this, my hits are always more effective. Where I would have to take 4 hits of dry stuff to get buzzed, 2 hits of some flavored weed usualy gets the job done for me. I'm not saying it adds potency...only keif and hash can ADD to the thc level of weed....but the extra moisture gives it a little "ommph", maybe it forces the lungs to expand a bit more I dunno.
I have used strawberries, but the result was just a bit too sweet for my tastets (although some people might LIKE that sweetness, its really personal preference). I have smoked some banana flacvored weed and even though I hate bananas, the weed tasted amazing! CHerries work well, and grapes add a great flavor.
As for closing the lid, the tin foil is very thin, so the threads that catch the lid are still accessable. Just press firmly on the tin foil so it indents into the thread of the jar, and you should haev no problem.
I dont think you have to worry about alzheimers, since you aren't cooking or smoking out of the tin foil, the tin foil is just being used to hold an orange peel, nothing more. Whats more, "Tin Foil" is hardly used anymore. Most people buy ALUMANIM foil (I always call it TIN FOIL though, just habitt). I have NO CLUE what the difference is, I just know TIN and ALUMANIM are different, so in terms of smoking out of either of those materials (Which I do not ercomend), I don't know the effect. As a food storage or holder, they work very well.
-PM

SmokeyMacPot said:
i have done that it also works with strawberrys

Dose it give a good strawburry flavor to the bud, i know orange and lemon work well. . . I want to try out Lemon and Lime to give it a sprite taste

Lol, didnt realize there were 3 pages, my question is answered in the post above. . . still wanna make sprite-bud

lol, 2nd edit, i agree pm, tin is a lot shorter and ezier to spell than alumanim

Wow Smokey, that must be some FRUITY bud by the time you are finished! Sometimes my bud gets super moist if i leave a peel in there too long. IN that instance, I just cure it. For about 5 minutes a day, I leave the jar lid off, and let the weed air out. DO that for about a week and your weed will lose some of the moisture but retain the scent/smell/taste.
-PM

Back
Top Bottom