How to I stop this disease on the stem?

It's pythium mold in your water/root system causing stem and root rot. Hard to get rid of once it has advanced to that stage. Keep an eye on your buds connected to those branches, they will likely show signs of rot soon as well. I wish I had better news for you.
I treated areas with baking soda with some success, sucking out all moisture and keeping it from moving forward any further.
Harvest the affected areas early and/or cut off like cancer and hope it hasn't affected the rest of the plant.

It's pythium mold in your water/root system causing stem and root rot. Hard to get rid of once it has advanced to that stage. Keep an eye on your buds connected to those branches, they will likely show signs of rot soon as well. I wish I had better news for you.
I treated areas with baking soda with some success, sucking out all moisture and keeping it from moving forward any further.
Harvest the affected areas early and/or cut off like cancer and hope it hasn't affected the rest of the plant.
Thanks for the information and advice. I now suspect the mold spores came from the compost I put into it.

Just to clarify, as I understand it you dabbled baking soda onto the infected area and it slowed the spread of mold down?

Why baking soda?, does it's only function is to suck out moisture? and how long do you leave the baking soda on the infected area?, do you think salt would be an even better moisture "sucker"?

Thanks for the information and advice. I now suspect the mold spores came from the compost I put into it.

Just to clarify, as I understand it you dabbled baking soda onto the infected area and it slowed the spread of mold down?

Why baking soda?, does it's only function is to suck out moisture? and how long do you leave the baking soda on the infected area?, do you think salt would be an even better moisture "sucker"?
I used the baking soda because I wanted to give the mold an alkaline environment to live (die) in. I rubbed it on an left it until it was caked from moisture and fell off, then reapplied. Salt may work but you don’t want to get much in your soil.

My mold came from watering with pond water, and I suspected this had likely happened before and I just didn’t catch it. Plants of all ages get ruined from this stuff. You’re lucky if your flowers only have 2 weeks they might just make it..

I used the baking soda because I wanted to give the mold an alkaline environment to live (die) in. I rubbed it on an left it until it was caked from moisture and fell off, then reapplied. Salt may work but you don’t want to get much in your soil.

My mold came from watering with pond water, and I suspected this had likely happened before and I just didn’t catch it. Plants of all ages get ruined from this stuff. You’re lucky if your flowers only have 2 weeks they might just make it..

Ahhh I see, give the mold a high alkaline environment, nice.

I've got 6 weeks till harvest. I don't mind losing one branch but I don't want to lose the whole plant.

I guess the mold spores in your case were in the pond water.

About 3 years ago, I grew a plant that developed a fungal infection called Fusarium Wilt, from memory it was similar looking to the stem pics above. I would cut off the offending stem, and then another stem would develop it and so on, but at least I was able save most of the precious buds. In spite of using homemade 'supersoil' I believe I failed to adequately amend it and thus the plant was not getting the nutrients she needed and I believe she got sick because she was stressed.

I got a lot of advice to get rid of the soil because the fungal spores would remain there and infect the next plant. And I think that is probably quite true. However, I knew I had some good amendments in it that I didn't want to waste them by throwing the lot out, so I kept it and re-amended further and when used on the next grow I had no infections. I re-amended further last winter and now I feel that my living organic soil is now pretty good, so far in my current grow they appear as healthy as can be, and so far the plants are quite big and I've carried out no topdressing whatsoever.

I think fungi spores are everywhere and the answer is not so much throwing the soil out but getting the soil healthy then the plants are not stressed, then they are far more likely to be resilient to whatever fungal spores are in their environment, but that's just my very limited 2 cents. Good luck with it. :hookah:

The pic shows anything ... prolly some butt crack ass wipe bacteria that the grower forgot to wash his hands before using a fingernail to pull off leaves.

Gotta take a pic of YOUR plant and post it up.

Lotsa shit looks like shit we need to see the shit in question.

Pics or it aint happening.

The pic shows anything ... prolly some butt crack ass wipe bacteria that the grower forgot to wash his hands before using a fingernail to pull off leaves.

Gotta take a pic of YOUR plant and post it up.

Lotsa shit looks like shit we need to see the shit in question.

Pics or it aint happening.
It's the exact same thing as in the picture, there is no difference.

Compost was used at a certain stage of the grow and it's suspected of carrying mold spores. The soil is also growing mold.

Back
Top Bottom