How to identify a strain?

I got my seeds from a friend and not sure what they are. Growing it at the moment, got 4 so far, hope they turn out to be females. How do I identify what strains these plants are without knowing it exactly?

Also, I'm trying to get some White Widow seeds not sure which online seed bank ship them to USA? Any recommendation?

Thanks!

highdive you said u got the seeds from a friend n he didnt know what they were right....so they prolly just reg seeds from a home grown outdoor plant...so its guna be very hard to identify the specific strain no matter what, lol im sorry i dont mean to be a downer but its nearly impossible everyplant has its own growing pattern. like everyones dna is differant...get me? lol sorrryyy....but good luck on the grow, im growen my first time right now in pots but theyre movable out doors and using liquid earth to water my plants every 3-4 days wen it really drys up n sucks up all the liquid lol...so far ive had 3 males I had a crop of 14 but 4 didnt make the growing stage, 3 where males, and the other 7 i have left now are females and have like purple stems; i think like going on its 2nd month...i wanna learn how to do it indoors tho...i just need space...- Stay Blazed ~21~

I have a white widow strian that is so cool . The leaves are veragated colors of green , I had one plant that had 3 ozs in all after drying , 4 of the buds made 2 ozs yup 14 gram buds dry,,Sorry if I sound so excited this was just one in my first crop and yes I am proud , did you have any luck finding what you need cause I have some I could trade @ captonlodabol@yahoo.com

TasteTheHaze: That's too bad. Thought I have some chance at ID the plant. So far I have few plants growing, the biggest one turns out to be a female!!! I'm so lucky, it's my first grow. Indoor grow is not that hard, with research you can too grow indoors.

captonlodabol: I have yet get a chance to try White Widow! I will someday. Perhaps grow some myself…

Bud stankalot: I was going to sell some of it. Knowing the strain will help the business. Haha. I'll be sure to check the trichs for harvest time.

TasteTheHaze: That's too bad. Thought I have some chance at ID the plant. So far I have few plants growing, the biggest one turns out to be a female!!! I'm so lucky, it's my first grow. Indoor grow is not that hard, with research you can too grow indoors.

captonlodabol: I have yet get a chance to try White Widow! I will someday. Perhaps grow some myself...

Bud stankalot: I was going to sell some of it. Knowing the strain will help the business. Haha. I'll be sure to check the trichs for harvest time.

Sell it? That's whack. Cultivate weed, not greed my friend. Call it whatever you want. That's what 90% of street dealers do anyway.

Name, shname. -Dont play that silly game...

Everyone knows deep in their soul, when we finally set that weed aflame

That its actually the quality that'$ number one, rather than some silly overpriced brand name!

:smokin:

I have a girl 24 days into flower and I have no idea of the name. It has 11 huge fingered leaves. Probably just gonna smoke it and then name it when in the euphoric medicated zone. (Thats when I should be able to come up with a really good name)
Make sure you let us know who she is

There's thousands of different strains so trying to find a match is no doubt going to be hard. But it's possible to identify whether it's Pure Bred or Hybrid by it's growing pattern, as well as it's possible places of origin. Budding time and style would help define being Ruderalis or having Afghan type traits.

But really each plant is going to be different, so many variables......... weather, nutes, light, humidity, medium, stress.
I wish it was easier to tell their strain, but in a way this makes things more interesting.

You've come a long way, Twelve. I can't even imagine you ever being a noob with all the things you've done and are currently doing. If I had half the knowledge you do, I would be a very happy Queen. I mean you have won every contest, what is there left for you to do?

Thanks QueenTokelove for the kind words.

Haha yeah I was a noob and still am actually. Don't let the accomplishments fool ya. I rent them from 420 Magazine. ;)

You can do it too, anyone can. Give it time, as long as your passion for this amazing plant still burning you'll surpasses your old self. Took me almost two years and may take someone 6 months or less.

If I had half the knowledge you do, I would be a very happy Queen.

Be very happy regardless of the knowledge level. Also always look at others for inspiration but only compare yourself to your previous self. That is the real measurement of how much you've grown.

I mean you have won every contest, what is there left for you to do?

I have not won Nug of the Year and Plant of the Year. However, I'm happy with what I already have and not concern with those.

What's next? Work hard so I can start growing again, and from there expand my operation and start the breeding program. Spread high quality meds around locally, while offering genetics internationally. That's a dream by the way so not sure if I'll ever make it seeing the condition of the world we're in today...but it is worth fighting for regardless.

Haha yeah I was a noob and still am actually. Don't let the accomplishments fool ya. I rent them from 420 Magazine.

You are far from a noob, humble as you are, you have accomplished a great deal and I see you as an experienced grower. One of the many that I do look up to.

You can do it too, anyone can. Give it time, as long as your passion for this amazing plant still burning you'll surpasses your old self. Took me almost two years and may take someone 6 months or less. As long as

Oh, I have come a long way in the little time that I have been growing. I would like to do or accomplish more but my budget stands in my way. I can only get things a little at a time. I have a lot of passion for growing. Nothing major to most but my plans are simple, I just want to get a good perpetual grow going, any insights on that?

I have not won Nug of the Year and Plant of the Year

Its just a matter of time, my friend. I on the other hand may never get motm due to the fiasco back in January. My hopes are kinda dwindling on that or any other contests because I believe that fiasco will follow me for a long time to come. Also I have noticed that past winners are people that really know their stuff about growing and no so much for being a 420 cheerleader and welcoming people.

I wish I was in a mmj state then I would try my hand at growing for dispensaries. But due to where I am, it's all being grown for me. Most would try to be a friendly neighborhood connect but greed is not my reason or passion for doing this. I am the type that if I knew someone needed to be medicated for medicinal reason but couldn't afford it, I would give freely just to help. Just the way I am. But like I said, you and a few others are my inspirations. So thank you Twelve for being you and doing what you do to help us newer growers.

Back
Top Bottom