How to just make straight purged BHO honey oil, not wax shatter

Ok so I got the equipment.
Vacuums, pumps, pyrex, skillets, temp guns tubes.

I used to make honey oil back in the day with butane, hot water in a pyrex dish, with another pyrex dish inside. Blast into the dish. Move it around with a razor. Wait for bho to cook off then smoke. This was 20 years ago. And we made mighty fine BHO for the times minus the fact it wasnt purged.

I dont want to make shatter. I dont want to make butter. I dont want snap and pull or any of that other new age shit.

I just want my finished product to be honey oil in oil form.

Any knowledgable bros out there who can tell me what temps to purge at, how long under vacuum and what temps and what ever else I need to know to keep it in its oil form after it's all said and done?
Cheers

I thought you said you used to make it? Do it that way.

As far as I understand it your essentially dehydrating anything you pull a vacuum on. Your lowering the atmospheric pressure enough that any liquids boil off as a gas. No liquids = a solid which your not after.

I believe commercial batches of oil are typically made through distillation.

That's what my rosin looks like. My ethanol concentrate also comes out something like that when made from leftover hash that's been pressed for rosin. If I use trim or hash that hasn't been pressed I get shatter.

I use the same process for each but the starting material is different and so the end product is different. I don't have a vac chamber and we only have 75% alcohol in our state so my purge temps are higher than most to get all the water out.

Looking at that it shows a long period of heat maybe that decarb process is what stops the concentrate from solidifying after vacuum.

That's what my rosin looks like. My ethanol concentrate also comes out something like that when made from leftover hash that's been pressed for rosin. If I use trim or hash that hasn't been pressed I get shatter.

I use the same process for each but the starting material is different and so the end product is different. I don't have a vac chamber and we only have 75% alcohol in our state so my purge temps are higher than most to get all the water out.

Looking at that it shows a long period of heat maybe that decarb process is what stops the concentrate from solidifying after vacuum.
Fair enough and thank you for your input

BHO that is saucey, does that mean its not been properly purged? Like there is still tane in there that makes it more oily?

Idk man, if it's not for dabbing you could maybe add wax to some high proof alcohol for a more oily consistency but I wouldn't dab that.

Otherwise I'd just go with rosin. No tane, no purge, end result is pretty close to what your after and Very tastey

You could also check out distalite but I have no clue how it's made aside from being distilled. think Terps need to be added back in

How long did you purge for if you don’t mind me asking?
So under a full vaccine at 180f (I found if it goes blow 180 it can turn into honeycomb) so it took about 30-36 hours to purge at that temp start to finish under full vacuum. And I released the pressure and pulled another vacuum multiple times throughout
20210212_220922.jpg

In that picture with bubbles it still had about 6 hours left to get rid of the bubbles for good..
20210213_193241.jpg

If your gonna make oil I suggest using trim or bud that's 1-3 days old after chopping down the plant. After trimming you can freeze it for months and then blast it and it will still be golden honey colour.
If you let it dry out and sit for a week or months it'll be dark dirty brown looking.

Here's the difference.
20200822_171850.jpg

Back
Top Bottom