How to keep indoor starts from flowering when moved outdoors.

I just had to deal with a problem, and know it is one of biggest problems for growers doing it for the first(FEW) times. It is all really pretty simple. Any strain that flowers late into the year,SATIVAS,SKUNKS and many HYBRIDS, my general rule of thumb is when you start them indoors (from seed), do so no earlier than around the first of March. Let them grow in vegetative lighting(18-24hrs a day of light) until the first of April, then move them outside. Because they flower when their is usually less than 12hrs of light, they will have enough light not to flower and stay in a vegetative growth stage. The reverse is true for early flowering strains(KUSHES,some INDICAS, and HYBRIDS). I start my seedlings for these at the beginning of April, and move them outdoors by the middle to end of April. By this time there will be enough hours of daylight to keep them from flowering, unless you put them in a shady spot, which if you do, can force them to flower, then it's on you! As far as clones are concerned, the exact same method is true. Of course you can set up[ lights in your outdoor Garden to keep this from happening, and leave them on a few hours after Sunset, or put them on a few hours before Sunrise. But this can and is a problem if certain dire circumstances occur, like heavy rain, or neighbors wondering why your Backyard is lit up like an Airport runway at certain times of the dark. Anyways, since I have had to explain to so many people how to do this correctly, I thought I should post this thread and maybe help someone out. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Well its natural cause during fall it just happens, there isnt exactly 12/12 in natural environment, its because it is fall and the natural cycle you cant stop it. Plants flowering during the fall cause winter they die and spring they rejuvenate

I know all this. That is why I try to tell people to start their late bloomers early, I.E. the ones that would normally flower into the end of October through November, that way when they put then out in the beginning of April, they will not flower, as there is enough natural light to keep them from doing so. These are the plants that do not usually start to flower till the end of August through the first of September. The adverse is exactly true for the early flowerers, put them out later on in the Spring, when there is more light, and they will not flower. Remember, this is for plants started indoors then moved outside, since they are moving from 18 to any wheres to a 24 hour light cycle, when they are moved outdoors, if there is not enough light, they will flower. This is one of the biggest problems with many Growers I know or have known. Once they understand it, they do not have problems with their plants flowering on them, when they are ready to be moved to the outside grow. Providing they know WHEN whatever strain they are using starts to flower. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

I know all this. That is why I try to tell people to start their late bloomers early, I.E. the ones that would normally flower into the end of October through November, that way when they put then out in the beginning of April, they will not flower, as there is enough natural light to keep them from doing so. These are the plants that do not usually start to flower till the end of August through the first of September. The adverse is exactly true for the early flowerers, put them out later on in the Spring, when there is more light, and they will not flower. Remember, this is for plants started indoors then moved outside, since they are moving from 18 to any wheres to a 24 hour light cycle, when they are moved outdoors, if there is not enough light, they will flower. This is one of the biggest problems with many Growers I know or have known. Once they understand it, they do not have problems with their plants flowering on them, when they are ready to be moved to the outside grow. Providing they know WHEN whatever strain they are using starts to flower. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

James I know this is a old thread, So i'll take my chance to see if you'll get it. ~~ " My question to you is, If I move my plants outside. And they are like 13 inches tall. Will I have to buffer the direct sunlight that they're exposed too? And where I live it's a desert and very dry. Is there a humidity issue, now going from inside to outside?
~~ I just don't want to fry my plants and stress them too much from no humidity etc. etc. ~~

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom