How to keep sativas short

Pross

Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep sativas like Chemdawg D and Casey Jones, etc short? Like 3/4 tall? If you top the plant the sides will still grow up and right into the light. Thought about bushmaster and that node stuff but I read too many bad things about those. Trying to find a non chemical way of height control.

What I do is however tall I want them to be I veg them to half that height. They will stretch to about twice as tall when flowering depending on the strain.

try lowering your light and get it as close as possible to your plant, not to close tho, u dont want to burn your baby.

put your hand at top of the plant for a minute, if its too hot for your hand, it will be too hot for yoour plant

really? my MH always runs much cooler than the HPS. If they're the same wattage it should be cooler. The MH puts out around 40,000 less lumens on a 600W unit than an HPS does.

during the first few weeks of flower during teh stretch period, use a MH light instead of HPS, or something with a bluer spectrum, it will reduce stretching.

Wow. I never thought about this. Great idea if its tried and tested. Is this what you do? I may have to try that. I really like that suggestion.

Wow. I never thought about this. Great idea if its tried and tested. Is this what you do? I may have to try that. I really like that suggestion.

Yeah I have done it in the past with the Wonder Woman strain I have now. It probably reduced the stretch by 25% I would guess, which resulted in a longer cola and more tightly packed buds. For instance, I put all my plants in flower when they were 16" tall, the MH plants only grew to 24", the HPS plants grew to 36". I did this with 2 clones of the same mother, it's a very consistent strain, all the plants grow the same. I only used the MH for the first 2 weeks of flower, then switched to the HPS.

Back
Top Bottom