How to kill pollen

stonerfromthesouth

i had a few males in my tent that started flowering. the girls are still not flowering

is it true that they can't be pollinanted until they flower (the girls)

if so, how do i make sure the tent is pollen free?

The way I understand it your females would need to have flowers with open calyx to be pollinated so if your females are not in flower your safe. I would think simply washing your room and plants with water would destroy the pollen. I know you can freeze and store pollen dry Im pretty sure moisture would destroy it.
Happy420!!
:morenutes:

I have struggled with pollen contamination for a long time, if your tent was caught with pollen I suggest a bleach solution mixed up or a named brand bleach, so your tent walls with bleach solution and find a mould and mildew prevention spray for your zips & fabric materials, I also wipe down with a wet wipe style paper towel and finally a dry paper tower ect.

Clean everything in and around the tent with water about 5 times. Then do it again 5 more.

I used a hand sprayer. Last run I got some pollen so it’s what I did. We will see since I’m a few days from flip.

Did the males release any pollen? It doesn't stay viable for more than a few days and as said water pretty much kills it. If you got the males out before any released you shouldn't have any issues or if you did it might be a few preflowers that got pollinated.

Did the males release any pollen? It doesn't stay viable for more than a few days and as said water pretty much kills it. If you got the males out before any released you shouldn't have any issues or if you did it might be a few preflowers that got pollinated.
it was pretty Young, but i did touch it a bit so i'm scared i released some pollen

it was pretty Young, but i did touch it a bit so i'm scared i released some pollen

It's hard to miss as yellow dust kind of thing, and like I said it doesn't remain viable for very long so if it did affect a few pre-flowers it has already happened and not an issue if you removed the males. And if you mist with water the water pretty much kills the pollen.

ok i did it, thanks
So how did you end up my guy? I purposely grew a male to collect my own pollen and start a new strain of my own later this year. I don't recommend doing this inside unless you have a designated tent for the males. Lol. I know I won't!
Supposedly the pollen is only viable for up to 2 weeks unless you store it properly. But I seen this was a old post and was hoping you could help confirm or tell me I will be screwed if I grow a female in said tent.

So how did you end up my guy? I purposely grew a male to collect my own pollen and start a new strain of my own later this year. I don't recommend doing this inside unless you have a designated tent for the males. Lol. I know I won't!
Supposedly the pollen is only viable for up to 2 weeks unless you store it properly. But I seen this was a old post and was hoping you could help confirm or tell me I will be screwed if I grow a female in said tent.
I had a male explode in my room, it was almost two years before I stopped getting random seeds. I didn't clean everything perfectly tho, I suspect the pollen bits were stuck in the fans, which I was unable to replace at the time

Back
Top Bottom