How To Know When To Harvest

"How to know when to harvest"

The 40:60 Rule

i think i have a problem...i have had a sativa in the ground since april...i have flowers..a lot...they were bag seeds...one plant has purple flowers...the problem is...i don/t see any trichomes..i have a 100 x 60 scope from rs

Sativa doesn't tend to have as many visible trichomes as indica. Depending on where you're located, they might not have been flowering all that long. Posting a picture or two can help if you feel that there is a problem.

OK quick question
How does one tell if you have let the plant grow to long?
will it hurt the THC levels if you go past optimum harvest time?
say 2 weeks past 1/2 amber Trichomes
Thanks
Hello all Thanks for letting me in.
GB

i would'nt worry too much.just be glad you get to harvest it...from what i have read the longer it goes the more laid back the stone is.now mabey if you wait too long it might be bad....mabey? anyway i am ready to cut down the plant(s) i found in my wifes flower pot so long ago......i found a small spot of mold today so i going to cut them down asap. now i have read that it is best to cut at mornings first light....any truth to that? a friend (who has been growning for 30 + years)said to just cut em as it dosn't matter what time of day you cut.... so what do you all think? thank you, Red

Re: How to know when to harvest.

Very informative .:good job:Thats why i joined this forum(420 mag ) because i new that there was people who care about the art .This will push me to be the best i can be and not settle for half ass.:thumb:

Re: How to know when to harvest.

looks okay to me .....yes can be improved. How ? Well showing it might help , unless I am missing something ? Am I ?

Sorry for no pictures but I'm still a novis here.So I brought 6 plants in about a month ago as they still had a way to go.The trichecles? seem to be taking along time to "brown up".They have been white for 2 or 3 weeks now.Am I just pushing it?? I have the good lite for flowering,They sure make the meter spin !! So is this normal to take this long?? I'm up here in the Great Northwet..West and we didn't get much of a summer.

Well thanks again for all the advice......I am now wondering just how much difference it makes waiting for the trichecles? to get brown? Is there a noticable difference in the "affect"? I mean how did they do it in the old days? Or in the fields of Mexico?? Anyway just wondering...sorry for being sarcastic.But it does bother me when i get no responce to a realistic question..As I have said before, people just want a little surport now and then as we learn this stuff.I would have never thought it would be so complicated. You take care and remember, "My long hair just can't cover up my RED NECK !!"HAHA You know not all Rednecks are bigots...I'm not,thats for sure. Happy Trails,Red

Well thanks again for all the advice......I am now wondering just how much difference it makes waiting for the trichecles? to get brown? Is there a noticable difference in the "affect"? I mean how did they do it in the old days? Or in the fields of Mexico?? Anyway just wondering...sorry for being sarcastic.But it does bother me when i get no responce to a realistic question..As I have said before, people just want a little surport now and then as we learn this stuff.I would have never thought it would be so complicated. You take care and remember, "My long hair just can't cover up my RED NECK !!"HAHA You know not all Rednecks are bigots...I'm not,thats for sure. Happy Trails,Red

The reason you are not getting a answer to your question is you are posting in a thread that was started 6 years ago. Most people don't keep up with old threads. To get an answer it is best to start your own thread.

To answer your question check out this link. What are Trichomes? Trichome 101

The reason you are not getting a answer to your question is you are posting in a thread that was started 6 years ago. Most people don't keep up with old threads. To get an answer it is best to start your own thread.

To answer your question check out this link. What are Trichomes? Trichome 101
Well ,Ok then.Its just that when I saw Deskjet and Bill52uk were on here I thought it was still going....I guess thats what I get for thinking..haha Sorry I don't want to play the "victim card" but in the past it seemed I was being overlooked and I thought it was my "handle".So thanks for letting me know General.You take care...Red

mushroom_heads_starting_and_color.PNG
DSC001729.JPG

tricomes with mushroom heads show still to early to pic and buds are fat and stems are breaking but this crop still 2 to 3 weeks from harvest.
the mushroom heads can get 3 to 8 times bigger and on some strains they will grow heads on heads and be really huge.

Ha Ha well its 3 years later and i'm still worry about tricrohmes and mold...Next year will be it for sure...I do plan on gettin mold restrant strains and mabey autoflowers as well. It sure would be great to be wrapin things up in mid September instead of mid Oct. So any good mold restent strains out there? Also I wonder if the tricromes don't brown up this far north? 3 years ..Boy time does fly by... Happy Hemping,Red

Well there are a lot of variables at play, such as, strain type, weather conditions (humidity, temp, time of season), lighting, nutrients, and the vitality of the plant, all of which can influence how fast or slow things move along. With experience you will start getting a better gut feel for how fast the plants you are working with are maturing and become better at predicting the harvest time. Hope this helps!

thank you for the article!

Can anyone offer advise on when to start the final flush?
this is my first grow so i am not sure how long it takes the trichomes to go from cloudy/milky to amber.

Thank You in advance

thank you for the article!

Can anyone offer advise on when to start the final flush?
this is my first grow so i am not sure how long it takes the trichomes to go from cloudy/milky to amber.

Thank You in advance

I start the flush at cloudy/milky. How did it go?

Back
Top Bottom