How To Know When To Harvest

kochko, it looks like it should be ready about the time of this post...about 2 weeks after your question. What did you end up doing? Did you wait awhile to harvest?

Sorry about the bad quality photos but I've done my best.
Probably 75 days into flowering or maybe a couple of days more.It's totaly cloudy now no ambers yet,the strain is unknown probably a sativa dominant hybrid
DSCF13693.JPG
DSCF13684.JPG
DSCF13675.JPG
DSCF13665.jpg

You could open a bicycle shop for small children....Tric City

Re: How to know when to harvest.

Hey all
Looking for extra advice... I was going to cut my nutes about 2 weeks before harvest to avoid them affecting the taste.. Right now I'm using seabird guano organic 0-12-0... This is my first ever grow ...please take a look at my pics and let me know if u think I'm close to ready... I'm going to invest in microscope but money is tight for Christmas ... So it would be great if they were ready soon
image35307.jpg
image35306.jpg
image35305.jpg
image35303.jpg
image35302.jpg

New on here, what is your recommendation for length of time to rinse?

:welcome:...A week to 10 days is what I hear the most. What did you end up doing?

:welcome:...Hi steelgrow, that fourth pic (the close up) is soooooo cool ! You can get a 30 power scope pretty cheap...like under $5 or $10 bucks.

You could flush for a week and harvest and be very proud, though seeing some tricomes go amber would signal that the end is near. Don't stress...you've done a great job...timing of harvest does not need to be exact. It's a wide window IMHO.

:Namaste:

Good stuff for sure! I'm about 3 weeks from my first harvest and needed to have this kind of clear and concise info to help me pick the right time to harvest! Now I just need to find info of this quality on curing the harvest...

No problem, if I don't know...someone else will, or I'll find it...ask away.

Dry slowly till the stem snaps...put in Ball jar for 3 weeks minimum.....burp daily....done!

:Namaste:
JohnnyOilseed

Re: How to know when to harvest.

Hey, first grow here...

can you give me your opinion wether it's ready or almost there?

I can't quite tell what color the trichome heads are from here :rofl: . Other than that, the plant's stigma still appear to be full of life and waiting for male pollen. So my guess - which could be right or wrong, due to lack of evidence - is that it is not ready.

BtW, how many days did the plant stretch after you initiated flowering (if it isn't an autoflowering strain, and IF it was sexually mature at that point in time), or after the first day that the plant initiated it (otherwise)? That would give you a big hint as to the total number of days in the flowering period.

Seems like it's 70% milky, 20 clear and 10 redsh..

In that neighborhood, it's really up to the grower. Depending on the strain and what you are looking for in effects. You might want to start taking samples and quick-drying them to check. They won't be cured, of course - and might be a little harsh. But if you have nothing else to go on, your own senses can be the judge.

Hi everyone,

A first time grower here. My plants are 3 months old and they are into flowering about 5-6 weeks. I have a little jeweler loop to check on the trichomes but it's hard to tell for me. Actually my plants don't have much trichomes yet but most of the pistils are reddish already. Unfortunately I don't know the strain. Could you please have a look at the photos below and tell me what you think? I was planning to harvest at the beginning of September or even in mid-September but it looks like the plants are drying. I want to harvest before they die.
Thanks a lot.

plant_01_8.jpg

plant_01_7.jpg

plant_01_6.jpg

plant_01_2.jpg

A first time grower here. My plants are 3 months old and they are into flowering about 5-6 weeks. I have a little jeweler loop to check on the trichomes but it's hard to tell for me. Actually my plants don't have much trichomes yet but most of the pistils are reddish already. Unfortunately I don't know the strain. Could you please have a look at the photos below and tell me what you think? I was planning to harvest at the beginning of September or even in mid-September but it looks like the plants are drying. I want to harvest before they die.

It's hard to even guess with any real hope of accuracy from pictures of the plant (instead of pictures of the trichomes and/or a report on the general state of same), but my guess is that they're still a few weeks away from being ready.

If you cannot see the trichomes well enough with whatever magnifying device you have... Are these plants grown indoors, and have you not played with / adjusted your light schedule from day one of flowering (IOW, you haven't significantly changed the spectrum or deviated from the (presumably 12) number of hours of darkness)? If that is the case, you can calculate a pretty accurate harvest date - subject to modification based on the affect profile that you are attempting to achieve, of course - by plugging in the number of days of the stretch period (from day one of flower to the last day that you saw measurable vertical growth) into the 40:60 formula, because cannabis plants will stretch for the first 40% of the flowering period. Obviously, this only works on photo-responsive strains and not auto-flowering ones, lol. And, as mentioned, this doesn't work on outdoor plants because the night-length changes over time.

See: The 40:60 Rule

Back
Top Bottom