How to LST short bushy plants

shathaway

I have 2 Gorilla Glue autoflowers, they are 5 and 4 weeks old.
I am growing in soil indoors using 1000w LED lighting
They are doing super, growing wide, dense and bushy and fairly short, 7 and 6 in
My question is how can I LST a short bushy plant like this, or should I not bother unless it starts getting much taller.
I am still new to growing and haven't had any grow this short and bushy so far.

20190915_235555.jpg

20190915_235608.jpg

20190915_235614.jpg

20190915_235624.jpg

They are doing super, growing wide, dense and bushy and fairly short, 7 and 6 in
My question is how can I LST a short bushy plant like this, or should I not bother unless it starts getting much taller.

20190915_235555.jpg

20190915_235608.jpg

20190915_235614.jpg

20190915_235624.jpg

You can start now. I used plastic coated paper clips, straightened, then with a hook formed at one end for initial training of small plants.

I figured a way to LS top your plant at any age.

This is how I did mine. Make sure you read it all the way through. Lots of good info. It's a great tutorial from @InTheShed

Me having the same thing at the moment. My plants go short and bushy and this grow is actually pretty slow. Winter here. I have started with some defoliation and a bit of LSt to spread them. Lesson learned from last grow is that the stems thicken up early so need to be careful with LST and do it in stages so as not to break the stems like i did last time. I'm actually wondering i i may have given them too much light in the early stages??

Currently on Day 47 from planting seed:

Rear LG pot actually has 3 plants in it as the first one was a runt....that is now taking off. :)

This is post a pretty major defol a couple of days ago.

In my opinion and in my experience, I would defoliate more frequently and less cutting. Good grooming practices more frequently puts the plants in a much less stressful mood versus major haircuts and I let my small growth get the nutes that the big fan leaves are taking. I know everyone has their own preference of course, but this method works for me

In my opinion and in my experience, I would defoliate more frequently and less cutting. Good grooming practices more frequently puts the plants in a much less stressful mood versus major haircuts and I let my small growth get the nutes that the big fan leaves are taking. I know everyone has their own preference of course, but this method works for me
Hey @weedengineer hope you are having a good day my friend.
That grow is long over. :Namaste:
That one is pre-VID. 9/19
Top left corner has the date.

Stay safe
Bill

Living the dream my friend!!! Hope you’re doing well also. How’s your crop coming?

And damn. It’s now the second time I have done that. I guess my green is working as it should. Lol

Living the dream my friend!!! Hope you’re doing well also. How’s your crop coming?

And damn. It’s now the second time I have done that. I guess my green is working as it should. Lol
It froze honestly.
The one before that went up in flames room and all.
I really have to rethink my hobby, hehe. :laugh:
At least I can laugh about it now. ;)
Thanks Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom