How to make a AN beneficials bio reactor

Do you use additional Beneficial Micro Organisms wih your grow?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cafghanica

Some people have been wanting my bio reactor setup so that you can save on beneficial organism products such as (Piranha,Tarantula, and Voodoo Juice) well all you need is a light proof container I recommend over 5 gallons. A rubbermaid container from walmart will work if its light proof or you can simply spray paint the outside etc or store in a dark place. After that you will need a rez heater/aquarium heater to keep the rez at around 72 degrees. So after you fill your container with distilled water or R/O water almost full say 7 gallons in a 10 gallon container. Then place your heater in it and set to the correct temp keep your bioreactor stored out in a spare closet or somewhere generally cooler than 72 degrees or you will need a water chiller if it is often much warmer than 77 degrees. Last you will need a long air stone and place it inside a painter sponge the bigger the better but we want a natural sponge. This sponge will give your beneficial organisms a place to live and culture. You can add 1 sponge to everone airstone you can place in the rez the more the better but 1 good air pump,stone, and sponge will do the job for a 10 gallon rez or less. Now add the correct amounts of Pirhana,Tarantula, and Voodoo Juice for the amount of water in your rez (label instructions are fine for this measurement) now add 4 mil of Carboload per gallon of water in the rez add this same amount of carboload or even molasse will work to the rez every 5 to 7 days. This will be the food for your micro organisms.

I recommend every two days checking and correcting the pH back to around 6.0 alot of these organisms can not breed at wild pH levels and we want to keep it basically neutral at 5.5-6.0 for our feeding regimen but since its not a rez thats feeding your plants you do not have to drive yourself crazy checking the pH alot. Every 2 to 3 days should be fine.

Now this is how its used, after giving it a week to digest the first feed you are ready to use your nearly endless vat o beneficials. This is how to use it for feeding from seedlings to flowering bush monsters. Everytime you are mixing a new rez or topping off a existing one. I use my clean hands to gently squeeze the painter sponges and swish them around in the water a little before I take 1 gallon of the mixture from the bio reactor and add it to the rez I am mixing. I then add back 1 - 1.5 gallons of water back to my bio reactor of course only distilled or R/Od water. I calculate my gallon of bio reactor mix as only 1 gallon of water being added to my rez. I do not calculate it as (nutes) these are beneficial micro organisms with no N-P-K strength and as they breed and consume there food (carboload) they produce mass amounts of enzymes. So I never have to buy extra supplemental enzymes. And I add this gallon of mix to every rez I mix from seedlings to just before adding Final Phase at the last week of flowering. These are beneficials and the more you can add the better. So I just strike off Pirhana,Tarantula,Voodoo Juice and Sensizyme off my list when making up any rez because all that I need is added from my bio reactor during every single watering. It also makes a great mix to use as a regular flushing agent for built up salts and such just by itself.

Maintaing the bio reactor is just simply keeping it airated, temp in check, and checking the pH every few days and correcting it back down to 5.5 to 6.0 and adding your carboload once a week. Then I will either change the bio reactor out after 3-6 months roughly(I have had one stay maintained and running for over a year before it was changed out. And once a month I will add a quarter dose of the Piranha,Taralula,and Voodoo Juice to keep it reinvigorated but in theory this is not needed. And carboload and pH corrector is dirt cheap by comparison to Pirhana,Tarantula and VoodooJuice so the yearly savings is in the thousands of dollars for me and with better results then just using the stuff str8 out of the bottle for the few applications it recommends. When I get to use all 3 during every single feed. You can just ramp up the numbers for everything to run a large scale bio reactor currently I am using a plastic 55 gallon drum for my reactor.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Great info wish I could do that but being disabled way to much work. Adding water to my tank and PH checking is more then I can handle. I love to learn though.

Great info wish I could do that but being disabled way to much work. Adding water to my tank and PH checking is more then I can handle. I love to learn though.
wow alien I will go back to the drawing board just to see if I can come up with something similar but on a smaller scale or depending on your type of growing help you modify the system to basically keep a culture living in your rez as long as possible while still keeping a balance of keeping cultures alive and tossing it out to make a rez change or something. I'll PM you soon with something reguarding the system and your circumstance that may help along with some more info on AN for you. I know you have been wanting me to address that just mentioning that so know one thinks i am pushing AN hehe tty soon bro.

Hey Caf AN may put a Hit Man after you for telling how to homebrew their Secret S$it. Thanks for the info.
LOL well honestly Big Mike used to be on the other side of the fence just a grower trying to get by making up his own homebrew this and that is what got him started so I think he will understand a few of us trying to save a dollar and get by ourselves hehe =)

Thanks everyone for the positive vibes, any questions about applying this method to your grow please ask I have no problem answer questions and there is no so thing as a stupid question also I would be glad to field any questions about whether this method is applicable to other companies beneficials just list the products and I'll let you know if Ive tryed them in this method or let ya know if the theory is sound for it. ;) PM r welcome as well

I don't like complicated but I think will get a different kind when they run out. I won't need to grow again for a long time after this grow is done so will have time to keep reading and thinking cost vs easy. The issue with these nutes is one bottle, the bloom, says to do one thing and the other bottle ripe says opposite. It is very strange. I may call the company this week and ask which one is correct. The bloom to me seems like the in-between grow and flower nute since it has more n 2% and ripe has 1%. I have no idea what I am talking about but that is what the bottle said. I know roseman had mentioned stuff about that.

Botanicare
# CNS17 Ripe
# CNS17 Hydro Bloom
# CNS17 Hydro Grow

I'll have to digest all that when I'm not so medicated but from what I comprehended so far this is good sh!t! :thumb:

+Reps and 5 Stars for that sweet post! :bravo:

Saved on my desktop!

:peace:

This is great thread! Thanks Caf! +reps and I'm printing out and laminating the post for my "catalog of grow references"

I'm interested in building a 55 gallon barrell reactor and not only using the beneficials for my Sensi garden but also in the landscape and veggie garden.

Any idea of what the dillution ratio for a soil grow would be and I know this one is out there but what about using in a hose end sprayer? My sprayer has various dillution ratios from a tbs per gallon up to 4 oz per gallon.

This is great thread! Thanks Caf! +reps and I'm printing out and laminating the post for my "catalog of grow references"

I'm interested in building a 55 gallon barrell reactor and not only using the beneficials for my Sensi garden but also in the landscape and veggie garden.

Any idea of what the dillution ratio for a soil grow would be and I know this one is out there but what about using in a hose end sprayer? My sprayer has various dillution ratios from a tbs per gallon up to 4 oz per gallon.
yeah I would probably go with 4 oz to a gallon is fine just keep track of usage each time and re top off your bio reactor and if you take say half out of the bioreactor a week, just replenish that plus any evaporation. In a 55 gallon bio reactor I do not like using more than a little over half in a week. They can breed and repopulate at about a doubling of the culture each week so I try not to take more than half. Any questions feel free to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom