How to Make a Grow Journal

Hi! I had a little trouble finding it at first too since it's not on the "hamburger" menu.

- Click on the 3 white bars (hamburger menu) on the upper left corner
- Click on "420 Forums"
- Click "Grow Journals" under "Frequently Asked Questions"
- Click on "Journals in Progress"
- Click on the black button "Post Thread"
- Write whatever title you want to name your thread and hit the "X" when it auto-fills "is this already being discussed".
- Enter your cool details and specs to the best of your ability! You can always fill in more as you go.

**I recommend opening a new tab or window with "How To Make a Grow Journal" to reference as you start yours.

Hope this helps bc that's how I did it. :)

Hi! I had a little trouble finding it at first too since it's not on the "hamburger" menu.

- Click on the 3 white bars (hamburger menu) on the upper left corner
- Click on "420 Forums"
- Click "Grow Journals" under "Frequently Asked Questions"
- Click on "Journals in Progress"
- Click on the black button "Post Thread"
- Write whatever title you want to name your thread and hit the "X" when it auto-fills "is this already being discussed".
- Enter your cool details and specs to the best of your ability! You can always fill in more as you go.

**I recommend opening a new tab or window with "How To Make a Grow Journal" to reference as you start yours.

Hope this helps bc that's how I did it. :)
Haha, sorry for over-explaining. Just saw you're a not totally new ;) :laughtwo:

I'm not sure how to post a new grow journal I keep getting " You have insufficient privileges to post threads here." How do I obtain these special privileges...I thought I might be able to after 50 posts...that doesn't seem to be the case. No information I can find on this. They don't reply to emails.

@PipeCarver
Any member can start a Grow Journal. You do not need a minimum number of posts.

You are probably trying to start a thread in in the main Journals Forum, where only Admin can post. You need to go here - Journals in Progress

You'll see a black box in the top right, "Post thread". Click on that, write a title, make your first post and you're away. :thumb:

@PipeCarver
Any member can start a Grow Journal. You do not need a minimum number of posts.

You are probably trying to start a thread in in the main Journals Forum, where only Admin can post. You need to go here - Journals in Progress

You'll see a black box in the top right, "Post thread". Click on that, write a title, make your first post and you're away. :thumb:
Thank you I just checked, that's the spot:D
:D

With enough setup information in the beginning, your grow journal will be monitored and analyzed by master growers from all over the world. The more pride and effort you put into your journal, the more response, interaction and support you will receive from our members and staff.

First and foremost, please make sure to post your Grow Journal in the proper area for Journals In Progress.

Also, please make sure to use proper grammar and structure when choosing your thread title, your Name/Growing-Medium/Strain-Name/Year is a good start.

Examples:
420's Hydro Skywalker Grow Journal - 2010
420's Outdoor Skywalker Grow Journal - 2009
420's Soil Skywalker Grow Journal - 2010
420's Deep Water Culture Skywalker Grow Journal -2008

There are many journals hosted on 420 Magazine. You increase your potential number of subscribers when they can immediately determine the strain and grow method - right from your title.

Consider putting as much of the following information as possible to start the thread with.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?
Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used?

This info will make it much easier for accurate help to be given when needed and keep the members interested in your grow.

EXAMPLE

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon
Medium - 75% perlite 25% vermiculite.
Lights - (2) 400w HID
Nutrients - FloraNova Grow/Bloom, Floralicious Plus
Strain(s) - Blue Dream, Cannalope Haze, Lavender
# of Plants: 9
Yield : 14-16 Ounces.

The ONLY way to receive optimal attention, feedback and support is to provide photos!

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Please make sure to respect our Posting Guidelines by using our Gallery.

And lastly, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature
Report-Post.jpg
found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to watching your beautiful ladies grow...;)

Love and Respect.
:peace:
yeah thanks guys, soons im about to go ready will do a journal ok

Is it ok to start a journal that is multiple strains but about halfway through? Ive taken lots of pics since early seedlings and extensive notes on every little thing. Just not sure if that would be welome here or not. Thanks!

Is it ok to start a journal that is multiple strains but about halfway through? Ive taken lots of pics since early seedlings and extensive notes on every little thing. Just not sure if that would be welome here or not. Thanks!
Absolutely :welcome:

Absolutely :welcome:
Thank ya kindly and wow on that response time!!
Very happy to be here, been trying to figure out where I want to put up a journal and I think this place is just the most welcoming friendly and non toxic place Ive found online. Good job on doing that!

I would welcome it! Let's see what you got! Welcome to the forum! :welcome:
Thank you very much! Ive been following your autoflower thread with rather intense interest!

With enough setup information in the beginning, your grow journal will be monitored and analyzed by master growers from all over the world. The more pride and effort you put into your journal, the more response, interaction and support you will receive from our members and staff.

First and foremost, please make sure to post your Grow Journal in the proper area for Grow Journals.

Also, please make sure to use proper grammar and structure when choosing your thread title, your Name/Growing-Medium/Strain-Name/Year is a good start.

Examples:

There are many journals hosted on 420 Magazine. You increase your potential number of subscribers when they can immediately determine the strain and grow method - right from your title.

Consider putting as much of the following information as possible to start the thread with.

What strain is it?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?

This info will make it much easier for accurate help to be given when needed and keep the members interested in your grow.

EXAMPLE

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon
Lights - (2) 400w HID

The ONLY way to receive optimal attention, feedback and support is to provide photos!

Report-Post.jpg
found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to watching your beautiful ladies grow...;)

Love and Respect.
Nice to see these guidelines. Very interested in doing a better job of growing. Thank you

First and foremost, please make sure to post your Grow Journal in the proper area for Grow Journals.

Examples:

What strain is it?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?

EXAMPLE

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon
Lights - (2) 400w HID

Report-Post.jpg

Love and Respect.
I can’t remember how to mark my journal as completed

I can’t remember how to mark my journal as completed

Whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Does anyone have any ideas or interest in creating a tutorial for our members to guide them on how to gain subscribers to their grow journals?

Over the years we've seen a lot of people start a journal, post in it for a few weeks, then disappear.

Sometimes it's because they didn't get any subscribers or feedback, which may have been their sole intention of doing it.

Some people think they can just post a journal and their photos will be like honey to a bear.

Unfortunately it doesn't always work like that, so weed like to teach them how to socialize a bit to gain these followers.

Things like subscribing to other journals and making comments, helping someone in a FAQs thread, etc.

There are many tips and tricks that some of you more seasoned online growers could help the others with.

They might not be tech oriented, or maybe impatient and over expecting, or maybe just challenged with poor social skills.

It would be great if you all could have some discussions about it and have someone edit it into a tutorial :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom