How to Make a Grow Journal

With enough setup information in the beginning, your grow journal will be monitored and analyzed by master growers from all over the world. The more pride and effort you put into your journal, the more response, interaction and support you will receive from our members and staff.

First and foremost, please make sure to post your Grow Journal in the proper area for Journals In Progress.

Also, please make sure to use proper grammar and structure when choosing your thread title, your Name/Growing-Medium/Strain-Name/Year is a good start.

Examples:
420's Hydro Skywalker Grow Journal - 2010
420's Outdoor Skywalker Grow Journal - 2009
420's Soil Skywalker Grow Journal - 2010
420's Deep Water Culture Skywalker Grow Journal -2008

There are many journals hosted on 420 Magazine. You increase your potential number of subscribers when they can immediately determine the strain and grow method - right from your title.

Consider putting as much of the following information as possible to start the thread with.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used?

This info will make it much easier for accurate help to be given when needed and keep the members interested in your grow.

EXAMPLE

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon
Medium - 75% perlite 25% vermiculite.
Lights - (2) 400w HID
Nutrients - FloraNova Grow/Bloom, Floralicious Plus
Strain(s) - Blue Dream, Cannalope Haze, Lavender
# of Plants: 9
Yield : 14-16 Ounces.

The ONLY way to receive optimal attention, feedback and support is to provide photos!

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Please make sure to respect our Posting Guidelines by using our Gallery.

And lastly, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature
Report-Post.jpg
found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to watching your beautiful ladies grow...;)

Love and Respect.
:peace:

Hello I started my grow journal in journals of the month because it wouldn't let me post to journals in progress can you please move it there for me ! Thanks so much!

Ok I'm going to need someone's help. I'm a new grower and I have a Gorilla grow tent 4x4 with the k51000. I'm getting ready to grow so I'm thinking about using Fox Farms ocean forests and some worm casting Tea. Is it ok to put the seed in the soil after they Germinate? How far should I have the lights away from the plants when I start? I'm going to have to learn how to work the LED light. When cloning is it OK to use the rock cubes

Hey, first time I am really posting anything here. I am a new indoor grower but have expierience outside and have dabbled inside. I did a rough run about 4 months ago of a few strains, this time I just cracked 15 different strains and I was going to start a grow journal. My question is should I do 1 grow journal for all 15 or break it up. I want to test the various strains in a few systems I am going to make, so I can decide on system, food, and strains for my mothers.

Ok I'm going to need someone's help. I'm a new grower and I have a Gorilla grow tent 4x4 with the k51000. I'm getting ready to grow so I'm thinking about using Fox Farms ocean forests and some worm casting Tea. Is it ok to put the seed in the soil after they Germinate? How far should I have the lights away from the plants when I start? I'm going to have to learn how to work the LED light. When cloning is it OK to use the rock cubes

Please post your questions in our FAQs.

You should get expert feedback.

:Namaste:

Hey, first time I am really posting anything here. I am a new indoor grower but have expierience outside and have dabbled inside. I did a rough run about 4 months ago of a few strains, this time I just cracked 15 different strains and I was going to start a grow journal. My question is should I do 1 grow journal for all 15 or break it up. I want to test the various strains in a few systems I am going to make, so I can decide on system, food, and strains for my mothers.

You'd drive yourself crazy trying to do 15 different journals. :laughtwo: This sounds like a fun grow that should have pulled in some interested followers. I'd have done one journal on the process, if it were me. It's interesting to share in the thought processes of such a journey.

I see this was years old, but I still felt compelled to leave this little note.

How can I abandon my journal and start a new one...my current grow has morphed into something different then my title and first post stats?

You simply start the new journal and contact a mod to get the current journal retired. You can do that easily by using the alert icon (the triangle with the ! in it that sits below each post, off to the left). A simple "please close this journal" is all that's needed. A thank you goes a long way with the overworked staff too, so don't forget. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I have a question, just curious, but on the "Journals in Progress" , page, where all the current journals are posted, some have 5 little gold stars on the end of their thread title/name, just wondering what those mean if anything? Thanks

In the grey menu bar you'll see "Rate This Thread" - members can award up to five stars. :cheer:

Hey how do I make a signature so I can include my grow journal link in the comments and replies I make??

Back
Top Bottom