How to Make a Grow Journal

Thank you for the post however I think when I try to make my own it tells me I don't have admission and to do something with the op?

Thank you for the post however I think when I try to make my own it tells me I don’t have admission and to do something with the op?

The signature function on the app was disabled - Signatures are only available on the full website.

Hi folks - a quick question.

I've started my first journal and am wondering about the etiquette for inviting people. I wanted to send a group PM but can only PM one user at a time. Someone suggested I just post the link around a few journals I've been engaging with - but I thought I'd read here that this is discouraged, maybe I imagined that. I've been sending individual invites, but it's rather time consuming.

Any tips for what is recommended within the guidelines?

:Namaste:

Hi folks - a quick question.

I've started my first journal and am wondering about the etiquette for inviting people. I wanted to send a group PM but can only PM one user at a time. Someone suggested I just post the link around a few journals I've been engaging with - but I thought I'd read here that this is discouraged, maybe I imagined that. I've been sending individual invites, but it's rather time consuming.

Any tips for what is recommended within the guidelines?

:Namaste:

Hi Amy :ciao:

You're right - we do discourage promoting journals in other threads.

Not everyone appreciates it as you might think. Members get email notifications advising of a new post in the thread, only to find an invitation to another grow journal. Many of them have complained and some have even left the site because of this. For these reasons we request that you respect the privacy of all members and only promote your journals to people on your friends list via private message.

However, the other thing you can do is add the link to your journal into your signature.

Here's how - How to Add Links to Signatures

:thanks:

Hi Amy :ciao:

You're right - we do discourage promoting journals in other threads.

Not everyone appreciates it as you might think. Members get email notifications advising of a new post in the thread, only to find an invitation to another grow journal. Many of them have complained and some have even left the site because of this. For these reasons we request that you respect the privacy of all members and only promote your journals to people on your friends list via private message.
I knew I'd read that somewhere, thanks ..

However, the other thing you can do is add the link to your journal into your signature.

Here's how - How to Add Links to Signatures

:thanks:

Doh! Of course .. Thanks again.

Right folks I want to start a journal first time on here, my journal project won't start till December as I've 2 blue treacle autos at week 5-6 so supposed to be quick finish (indica strain in a bio bizz light mix ) receiving a powder from Amsterdam that does the whole grow nitrogen and pottassium and phos all high percentage I also have ionic p k boost 14:15 instead of 13,14 levels I've used it this week and in all honest there has been 3 inches onto height and good high side branching as I only gave 1 out of 2 the boost but I think I will use more with both plants and that is all they have had no other nutrients! If any one can give me any pointers on how to get fat sticky buds I'm on a 600w hps bulb,although I may get the vispectra 600 par bit pricey but I do believe it will pay for itself in one grow so maybe my next autos will b under led treat myself for Christmas

With enough setup information in the beginning, your grow journal will be monitored and analyzed by master growers from all over the world. The more pride and effort you put into your journal, the more response, interaction and support you will receive from our members and staff.

First and foremost, please make sure to post your Grow Journal in the proper area for Journals In Progress.

Also, please make sure to use proper grammar and structure when choosing your thread title, your Name/Growing-Medium/Strain-Name/Year is a good start.

Examples:
420's Hydro Skywalker Grow Journal - 2010
420's Outdoor Skywalker Grow Journal - 2009
420's Soil Skywalker Grow Journal - 2010
420's Deep Water Culture Skywalker Grow Journal -2008

There are many journals hosted on 420 Magazine. You increase your potential number of subscribers when they can immediately determine the strain and grow method - right from your title.

Consider putting as much of the following information as possible to start the thread with.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used?

This info will make it much easier for accurate help to be given when needed and keep the members interested in your grow.

EXAMPLE

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon
Medium - 75% perlite 25% vermiculite.
Lights - (2) 400w HID
Nutrients - FloraNova Grow/Bloom, Floralicious Plus
Strain(s) - Blue Dream, Cannalope Haze, Lavender
# of Plants: 9
Yield : 14-16 Ounces.

The ONLY way to receive optimal attention, feedback and support is to provide photos!

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Please make sure to respect our Posting Guidelines by using our Gallery.

And lastly, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature
Report-Post.jpg
found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to watching your beautiful ladies grow...;)

Love and Respect.
:peace:
Hellooo I was just wondering, when starting a journal do I update it in the comments or do I edit the post itself?

Hellooo I was just wondering, when starting a journal do I update it in the comments or do I edit the post itself?
Posting a comment will update your thread :thumb:

You can't edit a post forever. Most posts are only active for about 420 minutes with regard to editing.

I'm saying this for all posts are about the same. I may be wrong about the time limit though. I've never checked to see exactly when they go "uneditable".

With enough setup information in the beginning, your grow journal will be monitored and analyzed by master growers from all over the world. The more pride and effort you put into your journal, the more response, interaction and support you will receive from our members and staff.

First and foremost, please make sure to post your Grow Journal in the proper area for Journals In Progress.

Also, please make sure to use proper grammar and structure when choosing your thread title, your Name/Growing-Medium/Strain-Name/Year is a good start.

Examples:

There are many journals hosted on 420 Magazine. You increase your potential number of subscribers when they can immediately determine the strain and grow method - right from your title.

Consider putting as much of the following information as possible to start the thread with.

What strain is it?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?

This info will make it much easier for accurate help to be given when needed and keep the members interested in your grow.

EXAMPLE

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon
Lights - (2) 400w HID

The ONLY way to receive optimal attention, feedback and support is to provide photos!

Report-Post.jpg
found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to watching your beautiful ladies grow...;)

Love and Respect.

Examples:

What strain is it?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?

EXAMPLE

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon
Lights - (2) 400w HID

Report-Post.jpg

Love and Respect.

Most posts are only active for about 420 minutes with regard to editing.

Correct. Members have 420 minutes in which a post can be edited. After that, only Moderators can edit. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom