How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

IMG_020753.jpg

Here's a picture of my flowers and buds that seemed to be poor quality (low thc). Any thoughts? too old?
I have about 2-3 lbs of them! Are they worth extracting for oil? thanks for your input

Lymedoc, indicas usually have higher THC concentrations, to my understanding. The plant might not be high in THC but you can be certain there're cannabanoids in there that will benefit somehow. I'm with panacea. Turn it into oil and see what you get. It may be exactly what you need, but you won't know until you try.

IMG_020753.jpg

Here's a picture of my flowers and buds that seemed to be poor quality (low thc). Any thoughts? too old?
I have about 2-3 lbs of them! Are they worth extracting for oil? thanks for your input

:hmmmm: Fully and partially developed seeds + 11 feet tall + no obvious flowers or trichomes. :hmmmm:

I wonder if you got your hands on hemp seeds. These might be high in CBD while low in THC.
That would be good for blood pressure, healing bones and cartillage, muscle aches, etc.

I can't tell.

In a state that disapproves, you should still consider purchasing seeds over the internet. Good genetics are just as imprtant as good environmental conditions - maybe more important.

:hmmmm: Fully and partially developed seeds + 11 feet tall + no obvious flowers or trichomes. :hmmmm:

I wonder if you got your hands on hemp seeds. These might be high in CBD while low in THC.
That would be good for blood pressure, healing bones and cartillage, muscle aches, etc.

I can't tell.

In a state that disapproves, you should still consider purchasing seeds over the internet. Good genetics are just as imprtant as good environmental conditions - maybe more important.

Rad, this possibility hadn't occurred to me. Thank you for the insight. :hug:

My understanding is that it takes tremendous amounts of hemp to generate small amounts of CBD oil. Not sure it'd be worth the effort. Has anyone tried this and had any tested?

:smokin:We use Ever Clear and a shop- fabricated Stainless steel, sealed reactor system for producing plant oils. The heating device required is only a brewing water heating element in a brewing tank that is always fully submerged through a ported fitting, this heats the water(about 130-135 degrees is all needed), that helps to make the extraction process safer. It uses the heat differential and a vacuum between the two chambers ,one super cooled (and a vacuum pump) With dry ice or nitrogen, to boil off, back and forth through the material chamber, the ever clear leaving the oil in one reactor vessel at the end. Online resources for researching plant oils, commercial extractions methods recommended. :cco:We use SS quick connect fittings on the lines and the two reactor chambers are fitted on the top with two viewing sight glass ports, one to shine light through the other to view the process progress. The butane gas is released outside and dispersed at the end with caution. :blushsmile: Pressure gauges and temperature readings from the two vessels are monitored constantly. Our subject plant material capacity is about one pound or a bit more. The system was not cheap to build! The steel , gaskets, gauges , SS lines, valves, filter plates, accessories and the SS welding/drilling, added up to nearly two thousand dollars with no outside labor cost. :peace: We are only three old hippies trying to make herbal medicine :volcano-smiley:! We plan to improve and tweak this system as possible. Over the last few years it has made us some great plant oils with I think, maximum yields! :) I also use far simpler processes at times to make butter or edibles at home between the oil runs that are a coop effort. Sweet Sue and many others have given methods for these techniques.

I might add the most difficult part of this reactor construction was to avoid warping the SS reactor vessel tops, with all the drilling and welding of ports and fittings! Great care must be taken to avoid over heating the SS plate and fittings! You must be an experienced fabricator and SS welder to do this successfully. Sorry, but my buddies will not allow me to share any more details or pictures, they are considering going commercial with the design and construction.

Hi Old Bear

I do have lots of the plant which looks like the picture previously....and I have smoke it with little effect....if I make CCO and decarb it.... How would I know if it is effective or worth the effort? What effects would I expect to see/feel with little or no THC if i was to ingest it/or gum it?? Thanks

Lyme DOC

Hi Old Bear

I do have lots of the plant which looks like the picture previously....and I have smoke it with little effect....if I make CCO and decarb it.... How would I know if it is effective or worth the effort? What effects would I expect to see/feel with little or no THC if i was to ingest it/or gum it?? Thanks

Lyme DOC

Unless you have a medical professional tracking you or some way to have the oil tested so you'd know what components were even in there, you'd be consuming a plant you know can't hurt you, and in all likelihood is doing something of value for your endocannabinoid system, whether it not you can "feel" it. CBD therapies can take weeks or months of regular administration before you begin to actually see results.

On the other hand, some get immediate results that continue to improve as they progress. With cannabis it's all individual response. I have no idea how this translates if it's hemp.

My take is that inhalation is going to have a more pronounced effect compared to ingesting. If the weed you have doesn't have any effect when smoking it won't be any better eating it.

Hi Old Bear

Lyme DOC

If smoking gives you no result, I am at a loss as to how you would improve things by changing how you take it regarding thc levels. There may be other compounds of benefit.

My take is that inhalation is going to have a more pronounced effect compared to ingesting. If the weed you have doesn't have any effect when smoking it won't be any better eating it.

It's more complex than that gbauto. That approach would tell you if you had high THC content. You'd have no euphoric awareness of the CBD or any of the other beneficial components that might be available.

Agreed, what I was referring to was that inhalation is always going to have a quicker response of exposing you to the cannabinoids compared to ingesting. That is one of the challenges we are faced with-being able to predict the potency of a plant. Aside from lab testing I'd say the most effective way is to be sure of the seeds your using. All of this is somewhat trial and error-I use what helps and if that doesn't work-I try something else.

Agreed, what I was referring to was that inhalation is always going to have a quicker response of exposing you to the cannabinoids compared to ingesting. That is one of the challenges we are faced with-being able to predict the potency of a plant. Aside from lab testing I'd say the most effective way is to be sure of the seeds your using. All of this is somewhat trial and error-I use what helps and if that doesn't work-I try something else.

True, inhalation is the fastest pathway aside from straight IV. Huh! It just hit me that there may come a day when an IV of cannabinoids is a standard medical response to trauma.

A quick question, if I may?

Can anyone explain the reasoning behind the advisement against freezing CCO? We've a discussion going on in the Study Hall on this subject and it occurs to me that someone over here may be able to answer this more easily.

Thank you. I'll check back later. Have to run. :ciao:

In Israel the medics care THC with them and administer it for traumatic head wounds. I will have to find the article that I read on it. :peace:

Please do Supergroomer, that would be great reading :love::cco::love:

Back
Top Bottom