420 Magazine Background

How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Dave Groomer

Very interesting read, I like the bubbles and the double boiler and the different outcomes of medicines. I have never decarbed but my buddy swears by it and we are looking at making good medicines for the people. I am going to go read skunk pharms decarbing process. Thanks for all the great information. I am experimenting with a water distiller for first boil off, have you tried this method yet?
I have found the water distiller good for large batches of oil. For small batches (1/4oz - 1/2oz flower) it just isn't worth the effort. @ 4oz of Everclear (give or take a little) it's not worth recapturing. Just my 2 cents. :circle-of-love::peace:

panacea

Very interesting read, I like the bubbles and the double boiler and the different outcomes of medicines. I have never decarbed but my buddy swears by it and we are looking at making good medicines for the people. I am going to go read skunk pharms decarbing process. Thanks for all the great information. I am experimenting with a water distiller for first boil off, have you tried this method yet?

Unfotunately 420 Motoco has passed on . I myself have never tried this method, but i am sure some others will chime in soon that have . :peace:.

CureSeeker

Howdy to all.
I finally got thru all 120 pages of this forum or whatever its called. I an engineer type so will try to keep my babbling to nothing. Its took
Me weeks to finally get here. And I'm not saying anything is wrong with babbleology.

Disclaimer: I've never made any oil would only do this in a legal state.

* = farenhieght can't figure how to do degree symbol on this funky tablet. Insert cheesy grin please.

Since I'm retired I do all this from a tablet, cannot afford a pc, but I have a child in college and and I'm just a low roller. I humbly appologise for misspelling and etc. Typos from the spell miss checker I don't notice.

14+ years prostate cancer. I live on 2 chemos, one bone medicine. Wanted to try cannabis oil for a long time. I am from, grew up till I went to college in the emerald triangle, born in eureka, trinity county guy till I went to college and chased that 'career'. I am single.

1. My opinion. Flax seed/ flax seed oil shouldnt be used by prostate cancer folks bbecause I've read that prostate cancer cells benefit /feed from it invetro (in a test tube) ... Etc. Please blow this up if you think I'm wrong. Healthy debate is good.

2. Breast cancer and soy is not good because soy will increase estrogen levels in women. So, I don't think women should use it and have bought this up to female friends, some with breast cancer, some vegan. They looked into it themselves and agreed and thanked me.

So yeah, I read about this stuff, live it. My doctors have told me I know more about prostate cancer than most general Dr's. So people come to me for advise, and support, I did ask for this, think I'm a dummy. However, I do want to help with the horror of cancer or any deasease if I can. And that includes my hippy' friends' who think I'm a redneck and don't like or critize me, I'm neither. I'm american, I grew up in and amongst the beginning of the hippy, and pot growing. I'm a people person, nice caring forgiving to a fault, believe my on the fault part. The more you care, the nicer you are, the more you do for others, the more you open yourself up to being taken advantage of. Any answer to me benefits more than me.

3. The hardest part of the cco/ rso thing is decarb. I now see that 230 degrees farenhieght for 111 minutes is the new standard? Not 250* f for 30 minutes? Should the oil bath be changed to 230*f

4. Oil bath decarb. Stop when big bubbles disappear, well they don't look big to me but they do stop, and it never gets to 250*f when this happen. Using the heat gun goody from harbor freight. If stir after bubbles disappear there's more bubbles, smaller but more bubbles.

5. How does someone send off oil to lab for testing, discreetly?

6. There is no pic of distiller on page one. I recommend using a hygrometer (sp ?). To proof distilled alchol after recovery. If its to low of a proof or percentage one can distill recovered alchol to raise the proof. Also, if its not possible to get high proof wash one can start with regular whiskey, even wine and keep distilling it till the desired proof is obtained.

7. There is never anything in here about pouring of the heads at the beginning of any distillation. Every time the first thing that comes out of the distiller of choice is TTURPENTINE, WHICH IS NOT INCLUDED IN ANY OF THE WASHES THAT ARE TALKED ABOUT IN THE TYPES OF WASHES (ethanol, isopropyle, hexane .... Etc.) in a gallon still how much heads have to be poured off? 4 ounces?

8. Biobombs. Can one weigh 1/10 gram thc oil into gel cap, then half that amount cbd, then fill rest of way with olive oil lechtin mix? Does it all have to be mixed together and why. What about adding pepper also? Searching about Biobombs is like reading this whole thing again, all 120 pages. My eyes are tired. And its taking so much time I donot have that much.

9. I liked coconut oil because its a solid oil, tastes good too. But what about the surgeon general ... Etc saying the bad out weights the good? Apparently it could contribute to things like heart disease?

10. Tacking or eating biobombs? Well which is best? Both?

11. Who cares about getting high, its all about killing the cancer/disease. There are those that have a high tolerance to.

Mr. Krip

Grow Journalist
420 Staff
Howdy to all.
I finally got thru all 120 pages of this forum or whatever its called. I an engineer type so will try to keep my babbling to nothing. Its took
Me weeks to finally get here. And I'm not saying anything is wrong with babbleology.

Disclaimer: I've never made any oil would only do this in a legal state.

* = farenhieght can't figure how to do degree symbol on this funky tablet. Insert cheesy grin please.

Since I'm retired I do all this from a tablet, cannot afford a pc, but I have a child in college and and I'm just a low roller. I humbly appologise for misspelling and etc. Typos from the spell miss checker I don't notice.

14+ years prostate cancer. I live on 2 chemos, one bone medicine. Wanted to try cannabis oil for a long time. I am from, grew up till I went to college in the emerald triangle, born in eureka, trinity county guy till I went to college and chased that 'career'. I am single.

1. My opinion. Flax seed/ flax seed oil shouldnt be used by prostate cancer folks bbecause I've read that prostate cancer cells benefit /feed from it invetro (in a test tube) ... Etc. Please blow this up if you think I'm wrong. Healthy debate is good.

2. Breast cancer and soy is not good because soy will increase estrogen levels in women. So, I don't think women should use it and have bought this up to female friends, some with breast cancer, some vegan. They looked into it themselves and agreed and thanked me.

So yeah, I read about this stuff, live it. My doctors have told me I know more about prostate cancer than most general Dr's. So people come to me for advise, and support, I did ask for this, think I'm a dummy. However, I do want to help with the horror of cancer or any deasease if I can. And that includes my hippy' friends' who think I'm a redneck and don't like or critize me, I'm neither. I'm american, I grew up in and amongst the beginning of the hippy, and pot growing. I'm a people person, nice caring forgiving to a fault, believe my on the fault part. The more you care, the nicer you are, the more you do for others, the more you open yourself up to being taken advantage of. Any answer to me benefits more than me.

3. The hardest part of the cco/ rso thing is decarb. I now see that 230 degrees farenhieght for 111 minutes is the new standard? Not 250* f for 30 minutes? Should the oil bath be changed to 230*f

4. Oil bath decarb. Stop when big bubbles disappear, well they don't look big to me but they do stop, and it never gets to 250*f when this happen. Using the heat gun goody from harbor freight. If stir after bubbles disappear there's more bubbles, smaller but more bubbles.

5. How does someone send off oil to lab for testing, discreetly?

6. There is no pic of distiller on page one. I recommend using a hygrometer (sp ?). To proof distilled alchol after recovery. If its to low of a proof or percentage one can distill recovered alchol to raise the proof. Also, if its not possible to get high proof wash one can start with regular whiskey, even wine and keep distilling it till the desired proof is obtained.

7. There is never anything in here about pouring of the heads at the beginning of any distillation. Every time the first thing that comes out of the distiller of choice is TTURPENTINE, WHICH IS NOT INCLUDED IN ANY OF THE WASHES THAT ARE TALKED ABOUT IN THE TYPES OF WASHES (ethanol, isopropyle, hexane .... Etc.) in a gallon still how much heads have to be poured off? 4 ounces?

8. Biobombs. Can one weigh 1/10 gram thc oil into gel cap, then half that amount cbd, then fill rest of way with olive oil lechtin mix? Does it all have to be mixed together and why. What about adding pepper also? Searching about Biobombs is like reading this whole thing again, all 120 pages. My eyes are tired. And its taking so much time I donot have that much.

9. I liked coconut oil because its a solid oil, tastes good too. But what about the surgeon general ... Etc saying the bad out weights the good? Apparently it could contribute to things like heart disease?

10. Tacking or eating biobombs? Well which is best? Both?

11. Who cares about getting high, its all about killing the cancer/disease. There are those that have a high tolerance to.
Welcome! :welcome:

I ALMOST hate to give you another 120+ pages to read, but I'm gonna! ;)

A Base Treatment Regimen For Cancer

Also, I'm gonna' tag Sister SweetSue who is the "Bio Bomb Queen" :adore:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! :goodluck:

CureSeeker

Welcome! :welcome:

I ALMOST hate to give you another 120+ pages to read, but I'm gonna! ;)

A Base Treatment Regimen For Cancer

Also, I'm gonna' tag Sister SweetSue who is the "Bio Bomb Queen" :adore:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! :goodluck:
Thank you sososo much for the reply, I pushed the like button.

But dam. I'm on something like page 15 there! Booyah with crossed eyes, I've wore out my cheaters (reading glasses).

I soon go to help my salmon fishing friend of 20+ years, 9 hours drive away. Stage 4 colon cancer. And his uncle who is also part of the salmon crew died of heart attack this last December. My sons knew them fished with them crewed their boat when asked since before they were 10 yrs. Old. My son said this Xmas the worse, my numbers getting bad, one dead of heart attack, another stage 4. We are deer in the head lights. I thought they would outlive me.

Hang in there everyone. Fight the fight. Its hella hard427.jpeg

Last edited:

CureSeeker

I now see that 230 degrees farenhieght for 111 minutes is the new standard? Not 250* f for 30 minutes? Should the oil bath be changed to 230*f?

Oil bath decarb. Stop when big bubbles disappear? Well they don't look big to me but they do stop, and it never gets to 250*f when this happens. Using the heat gun goody from harbor freight. If stir after bubbles disappear there's more bubbles, smaller but more bubbles. Is the CO supposed to get to 250*f then no big or small bubbles? Should 250 be replaced by 230?

How does someone send off oil to lab for testing, discreetly?

panacea

IMO keep it Simple. I have done so many methods that nowadays i just oil bath carb anywhere between 200-230 , your bigger bubbles will dissipate to small little pricks i will then gently shake for the next 2 minutes then i usually classify it as the final product. It all healed.:)... And there was no noticeable difference in the quality of the medicine. Each for their own thou. This is what works best for me.

Mr. Krip

Grow Journalist
420 Staff
I just recently (based on recommendation from another trusted member!) started decarbing the buds BEFORE the ethanol extraction. It works great and avoids the whole oil bath mess, entirely! :thumb:

Top Bottom